Poop Poop Poop!!!

Options

Replies

• WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I just realized I came back to this thread to see if there was any poop progress... Kinda awkward... I'm turning off mfp now. Lol
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I just realized I came back to this thread to see if there was any poop progress... Kinda awkward... I'm turning off mfp now. Lol
    HAHA awesome!!! I did go But I still feel heavy.
  • kimberly0416
    kimberly0416 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this get's brought up all the time but plan and simple I can not poop. It's going on almost 20 days with only 1 small BM. I eat 25 grams of fiber and all that goes is give me terrible gas. I know I do not eat enough veggies. I had my gallbladder out a year ago and this has been an issue every since. I thought without a gallbladder it was supposed to be the opposite. I hate to rely on laxatives but I am starting to feel huge and heavy and already sickish in the AMs. Any easy/fast remedies? TIA!

I've had a similar problem, the solution; exercise, at least 9 glasses of water and lots of fruit and veggies. The laxatives will turn your colon black so I wuldn't use those as a solution.
  • monkeymomof3
    monkeymomof3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I had my gallbladder out too and recommended fiber intake is terrible for me...backs me up, horrible cramping and gas... My morning cup of coffee is what keeps me regular! When I do get to the point of "issues" occassionally I drink 1-2 tbsp of milk of magnesia at bedtime (11pm) and by the time I get up(5am) I am ready to go! Hope things are "going" better for you!
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I've been having some trouble too, but after reading all of these posts... I think I need to go now. :laugh:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Did the OP have a successful poop session?
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    curious how it worked out..
  • kelliebeth25
    kelliebeth25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    SENNA TEA!!
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    This happened to me a few summers ago. I went like once every 2 weeks. I gained FIFTEEN pounds! I went to the doctor and she had me doing really horrible things involving sticking things in my butt...NOT OK.
    I went to the GI and he put me on a regime of citricel and stool softeners 2x/day. It really helped, but took awhile to normalize.
    I also used to drink Ginger tea (the one from Yogi Tea), and it always got me going.

I know how uncomfortable it is, so hang in there! Also, not eating at night seemed to help me. Good luck! Keep us updated on your poop status :)
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    PS when it did finally happen for me, I did feel like I gave birth. It's gonna be awesome!
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Get to your doc if this happens again; don't just wait it out for 20 days - WOW!

Constipation can be caused by a variety of diseases and medical conditions, as well as prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, and dietary supplements. Make sure to alert your doc to any changes in your health and any medications or dietary supplements that you may be taking.

20 days is too long; glad it all worked out...lol
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    20 days and only one poop....I agree with some of the other people .......call the doctor, that is NOT good!! Colace, Miralax and if you dont call the doctor, I myself would use a suposittory or an emena...Good Luck!!!
  • alofay
    alofay Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    20 days is EXTREME! Three or four days would be somewhat acceptable but anything after that I would tell my patients to start looking into mechanical obstructions or a paralytic ileus caused by low potassium levels. I'm shocked that you are not more symptomatic...
  • mary_kate23
    Options
    doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking lots of water?
    I drink atleat 8 glasses a day.

Drink more. At least 12 glasses. And see your doctor.
  • alofay
    alofay Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    BTW one of the most common misconceptions is to take large amounts of fiber after you are constipated... Fiber forms bulk in the bowel so that peristalsis (your GI tracks natural "milking" motion) can more easily move the stool through the intestinal track. If you are already experiencing constipation the worst thing you can do is add more bulk. Fiber is prophylactic, not a solution. Once your constipation is resolved then look into a more high fiber diet for long term purposes and hopefully this won't happen again...
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    SEE A DOCTOR
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    smooth moves, organic tea laxative. it's not a real laxative as it is a tea, but it works like a laxative to relax your bowels. it's cheap and you can buy it from a whole foods/trader Joe I suppose, but I got mines from walgreens
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    A cup of coffee and a bowl of Chocolate Cheerios ALWAYS does it for me, plus sitting in a certain position in my office chair after eating said breakfast assists.. Not sure why, but something about the posture... Damn Chair!

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you went, I get concerned if I don't go for ONE day, I can't imagine the discomfort with 20 days. And yes, gallbladder surgery is supposed to have the opposite effect.. (spoken from unfortunate experience)

;)
  • CharityPearce
    Options
    Ok, this issue runs in my family so I can so relate. I rarely go more than a couple of times a week if I don't do something to force the issue and I thought that was normal until I got married and my hubbby goes like a couple of times a day... I thought "gross, why does he poop so much?" Who knew that was what most people did. I have found a tea that works wonders for me. I drink it a couple of days a week. It's called Laci Le Beau Super Dieter's Tea...Cleanse. I would always recommend checking with your doc to be sure there's nothing seriously wrong, and ask him if he thinks this is ok for you. I find it at Walmart if you want to try it out. Good luck!