BLACK TEAM CHALLENGE WEEK 8

Options

Replies

• loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    If nobody called the next challenge, I'll do it.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Morning team..

Nicky - tyranniboss - I love that - mind if I use it, we have a few of those here..

Lynnie - I love it when you are silly - it cracks me up..

Sara - sorry everyone is sick - that puts you in SUPERMOM mode... although you seem to be channeling Jillian for the last chance workout call out below... wondering if Jillian works on kids.. hmmm.....

Marla - turbo sculpt sounds scary - like something my body would take days to forgive me for - YOU GO GIRL..

Last chance workout will be a 60 minute swim tonight.. Need to bump up the intensity because my last swim on Sunday felt too easy. I got to the end of the workout and thought - "that's it".. Weird considering I did 30-Day shred yesterday and whined incessantly during the first circuit (yes, still Level 1). I don't know why but the first circuit kicks the stuffing out of me, then the second 2 seem almost too easy.. I guess I really hate push ups..

I am having a day from hell.. Seems like I am getting cr@p from every angle today.. I am keeping my sense of humor and sanity by putting on headphones and listening to rowdy music while I work, and dreaming of running away to open a TIki-bar on Jamaica - oh, with a very tan, very fit young serving boy....

Back to the beautiful world in my messed up head....

janie
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Nicky - tyranniboss - I love that - mind if I use it, we have a few of those here..
    janie
    Can you tell I'm a dinosaur buff? haha. Use it if you'd like. I don't mind at all!

And just to clarify I certainly did not mean that in the other way. I was just likening the boss to a tyrannosaurus. :laugh:

Pretty sick again today but down another .5 lb so pretty excited about weigh in tomorrow.

Anyway, braindead. Take care guys.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    If Lori has the challenge for this coming week, I'm requesting to have it the week after.
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Where is everyone today?:sad:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Bobbi - Last chance workout, silly. :wink: I'm sure everyone has chained themself to a treadmill somewhere. :laugh: I've been knee deep in dirty tissues & diapers. *gag* They need to get better SOON!

No freakin' wonder I hit a plateau again! I just used my HRM & did the 3 workouts that I usually do 3x per week: AbJam, TurboSculpt & Cardio Party (40 min. Sometimes I do the 20 min. one in it's place, but that's besides the point...). Anyway, MFP has estimated this at about 550 cals total...I just burned 916! Geesh! Plus, I wasn't eating all my exercise cals anyways so Holy Deficit, Batman!

Speaking of Batman...How was your weekend visiting with your family, Andrew! Was today travel home day?
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Bobbi - Last chance workout, silly. :wink: I'm sure everyone has chained themself to a treadmill somewhere. :laugh: I've been knee deep in dirty tissues & diapers. *gag* They need to get better SOON!

No freakin' wonder I hit a plateau again! I just used my HRM & did the 3 workouts that I usually do 3x per week: AbJam, TurboSculpt & Cardio Party (40 min. Sometimes I do the 20 min. one in it's place, but that's besides the point...). Anyway, MFP has estimated this at about 550 cals total...I just burned 916! Geesh! Plus, I wasn't eating all my exercise cals anyways so Holy Deficit, Batman!

Speaking of Batman...How was your weekend visiting with your family, Andrew! Was today travel home day?

Sara...I felt so alone :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Eat those calories woman.
  • nickybr38
    Options
    Do you ever just get discouraged sometimes when no matter what you do it seems like someone is always there going: It's not enough. You're wrong. You're lazy. You're stupid. Etc.

I don't know. Reading around the boards I sometimes just want to bang my head against a wall.

I feel bad for newbs who come in here not understanding, not knowing, and then get made fun of (whether in secret or not) because of their ignorance. When did ignorance exempt one from being treated with dignity?

Granted I haven't read anything overtly nasty lately (well, except for in one thread I shall not name), there's just this undertone of superiority around here sometimes that makes me go :angry: .

I've always been a sensitive person so that's probably coloring how I'm seeing things. Anyway, I'm going to just lay low I think. Stick to this thread/group alone and take a breather.

SORRY GUYS. I just felt the urge to vent after reading through some threads. Ha-ha.

LAST CHANCE WORKOUT TODAY!!!!!! Let's do this! :smile:
  • loreeb18
    Options

Don't worry, we didn't leave you. I've been around but not posted much today. Since nobody else is typing much today, I thought it'd be weird if I posted and then replied to my own posts. :laugh:
  • nickybr38
    Options
    PS: I think the whole 'if you don't like it, don't read it' saying is extremely silly.

How can I know I don't like it if I don't read it!!!!!????
    Honestly, some people.
    Haha.
  • nickybr38
    Options

Don't worry, we didn't leave you. I've been around but not posted much today. Since nobody else is typing much today, I thought it'd be weird if I posted and then replied to my own posts. :laugh:

I'd TOTALLY talk to myself if I was bored enough. I do it offline, no reason I shouldn't online. ;)

Isn't MFP addictive???
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Do you ever just get discouraged sometimes when no matter what you do it seems like someone is always there going: It's not enough. You're wrong. You're lazy. You're stupid. Etc.

I don't know. Reading around the boards I sometimes just want to bang my head against a wall.

I feel bad for newbs who come in here not understanding, not knowing, and then get made fun of (whether in secret or not) because of their ignorance. When did ignorance exempt one from being treated with dignity?

Granted I haven't read anything overtly nasty lately (well, except for in one thread I shall not name), there's just this undertone of superiority around here sometimes that makes me go :angry: .

I've always been a sensitive person so that's probably coloring how I'm seeing things. Anyway, I'm going to just lay low I think. Stick to this thread/group alone and take a breather.

SORRY GUYS. I just felt the urge to vent after reading through some threads. Ha-ha.

LAST CHANCE WORKOUT TODAY!!!!!! Let's do this! :smile:

I see both sides. I know newbies kind of need some direction on the threads and of course they have the basic questions that everybody had when they started and everybody should try to help -- we were all new once.

But on the other hand, I don't think some of them read the sticky-ed post that answers all of those basics to get them started that would answer a lot of their questions. I don't think anybody needs to be mean though. Just give a link and say, "Here are some helpful links that might help answer some of your questions. Welcome!" I agree that sometimes people can be mean.

That's why I love our black team. Everybody is so supportive. If we did well, everybody congratulates us. If we had a bad day and overate, nobody is mean. They just tell us it'll be okay and get back to it the next day.
  • nickybr38
    Options
    I see both sides. I know newbies kind of need some direction on the threads and of course they have the basic questions that everybody had when they started and everybody should try to help -- we were all new once.

But on the other hand, I don't think some of them read the sticky-ed post that answers all of those basics to get them started that would answer a lot of their questions. I don't think anybody needs to be mean though. Just give a link and say, "Here are some helpful links that might help answer some of your questions. Welcome!" I agree that sometimes people can be mean.

That's why I love our black team. Everybody is so supportive. If we did well, everybody congratulates us. If we had a bad day and overate, nobody is mean. They just tell us it'll be okay and get back to it the next day.

I always assume people don't know. I suppose that's bad of me. But like if there's common knowledge available and they don't know it, I assume; hey, maybe they didn't notice the sticky notes. An easy thing to do when you're excited, and/or new to message boards. So yeah, posting links is definitely a great approach. :smile:

Yeah, we're a good team. IF we ever broke up I'd look like this :brokenheart:
  • loreeb18
    Options
    PS: I think the whole 'if you don't like it, don't read it' saying is extremely silly.

How can I know I don't like it if I don't read it!!!!!????
    Honestly, some people.
    Haha.

If I read a post and it annoys me, I just stop reading it. I try not to post on any topics that are already, or look like they are going to get, heated. There are enough positive threads on here to keep me busy.

I'd TOTALLY talk to myself if I was bored enough. I do it offline, no reason I shouldn't online. ;)

Isn't MFP addictive???

I have my laptop next to me on the arm of the loveseat. I open it to see what's new on here about, oh, a bazillion times a day! Nobody will post for like half an hour and I'm thinking, "Where is everybody?...Oh, yeah. They probably have lives." :laugh:
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Yeah, we're a good team. IF we ever broke up I'd look like this :brokenheart:

Pretty soon we'll see the topic:
    BLACK TEAM CHALLENGE WEEK 273
  • nickybr38
    Options
    If I read a post and it annoys me, I just stop reading it. I try not to post on any topics that are already, or look like they are going to get, heated. There are enough positive threads on here to keep me busy.

That makes much more sense. "If you don't like it, stop reading it!" Haha. Way clearer sentence structure there.
    I have my laptop next to me on the arm of the loveseat. I open it to see what's new on here about, oh, a bazillion times a day! Nobody will post for like half an hour and I'm thinking, "Where is everybody?...Oh, yeah. They probably have lives." :laugh:

Oh yeah, that's how I am at work during slow times (like now)! NOBODY is on in the mornings I noticed. Or maybe just nobody from our team. :smile:
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Oh yeah, that's how I am at work during slow times (like now)! NOBODY is on in the mornings I noticed. Or maybe just nobody from our team. :smile:

I GUESS *big sigh* people have to take care of their kids and do their jobs and clean up their houses and can't spend ALL day on here.
  • nickybr38
    Options

I GUESS *big sigh* people have to take care of their kids and do their jobs and clean up their houses and can't spend ALL day on here.

SILLY PEOPLE!!!!

:grumble:
  • loreeb18
    Options

SILLY PEOPLE!!!!

:grumble:

Okay, I'm going to go be one of those people not on here 24/7 and go make supper. But I will SO be back soon! :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Feel like crap today. met with a lot of ppl the past week or so and everyone has the runny nose gooblies. Now I think I am getting it.
    :angry: I am in Florida, not supposed to get winter cold:grumble:

So no exercise for 2 days, but barely any food either. I keep drinking water so hopefully I will get something out of this deal (like a neg number on Mr. Scale.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

:heart: Jeannie