we are all going to put the weight back on!!

Options

Replies

• xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude or anything but what if he's making this all up?What if hes jealous of how far you have came but he doesnt want to admit it and due to what you have said how he never liked you being on myfitnesspal group, what if thats his plan to get you out of this site? hmmmm to be honest i have this feeling he's just lying about it and probably jealous of your success. Dont listen to him i say.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I did put weight back on.

On purpose.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Funny cuz my nutritionist recommended this site!
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I think its hilarious. I remember going to my doctor when i was 320 telling him I had thought about doing lapband. He was just a pure ahole about it and said. "Just know I dont support those decisions, and you wont get no sympathy from me." So im sitting there crying because hes being a jerk. He goes, "theres no reason to cry, you just need to do something about it. " I thought doctors are suppose to tell you how you should go about dieting. I told him about MFP he said the same thing yours did.

What friggn doctor does that!

Never going to him again.

• lthomas42
    lthomas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ridiculous. The dietition doesn't like a free service is infringing on her paid services.

Of course, seeing a professional is a good idea, especially if you have added health concerns. But the idea that MFP is a lost cause is silliness.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I think its hilarious. I remember going to my doctor when i was 320 telling him I had thought about doing lapband. He was just a pure ahole about it and said. "Just know I dont support those decisions, and you wont get no sympathy from me." So im sitting there crying because hes being a jerk. He goes, "theres no reason to cry, you just need to do something about it. " I thought doctors are suppose to tell you how you should go about dieting. I told him about MFP he said the same thing yours did.

What friggn doctor does that!

Never going to him again.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Definitely go back in there and tell him WHY you will never be back!!
  • cfergy
    cfergy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    A couple things get me fired up about this. First, It seems your man has not been very supportive to begin with, yet he is trying to lose weight himself? Maybe he is using the doctor's opinion to back up his feelings which could be a little jealous or insecure because you're doing something about it and that threatens him.
    Secondly, a doctor should stick to diagnosing patients that they actually see physically. You have not been to this doctor, they might not have all the correct info to form that opinion. That is just what it is....an opinion and everyone has one.
    Weight loss is a very personal individualized process. There are so many methods, cures, quick fixes etc marketed and touted everyday. KEEP DOING WHAT WORKS FOR YOU. If you feel this app works for you, continue what you're doing. You'll see results. I think this app is fantastic, and I'm a natural skeptic. It is healthy and tracks all your nutrients, not just calories. Even more, is this website gives you the support from the message boards. We are all struggling with weight. We understand. DO NOT LET THE NAYSAYERS BRING YOU DOWN. STAY STRONG.
    My bf makes snarky comments to me about being on this site too, I ignore him. I'm doing this for me-that's the bottom line. I wish you continued success.
    btw, don't nutritionist use journalling as a method for their patients?
    This is ridiculous.
  • sharond322
    Options
    Keep your sense of humor...he must have a jealousy issue that you are losing. I've often said the key to a good marriage is having a great sense of humor....could apply that to weight loss too!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Three years ago when I lost my weight (no MFP, notebook of calories, daily exercise, same concept), my best friend's mother inlaw told her that I will gain it back. So the other night when we went out, and I was looking fly as hell, I told my friend to let her mother inlaw know she was wrong. *smug face*
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm....is this application stupid because she gets paid to give out advice that is being giving away online for free :ohwell:
    Some people...

Agreed! Also...what kind of degree/background/training does she have? There aren't always licensing requirements for dietitians or nutritionists.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Some dieticians are not doctors. Is your a doctor, and if not, what are his/her real credentials and certifications? If you haven't already, you should check it out.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Heh when I was pregnant for my daughter, I had to go see a nutritionist....she was obese for one & there was a McDonald's bag in her garbage and then she told me I was gaining too much weight & putting myself & baby at risk. Yes, I did gain too much weight pregnant, but do you really expect me to take this woman seriously?!
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Our work has a fitness coordinator who has a strong background in nutrition, exercise physiology, etc. She referred me to three sites for food diaries. This was the one I chose. I don't see her often but we do discuss and review the information from my diary. She has helped me use this tool for even better results. I currently have established some good calorie and exercise habits; she helps me tweek as necessary. We have focused on my salt sensitivity which has had huge positive results with high blood pressure. She has also helped me resolve my questions that arise from contradictory opinions/fact controversies that crop in these communities by referring me to studies and explaining some of the science .

But back to the OP. Their are many levels of competence in all occupations. If he is conveying the dietician's information accurately, I'd recommend (and he probably won't listen) that he find someone else to provide advice. Possibly the boyfriend has filtered the information from the dietician incorrectly. I did find that when I finally went with my husband's endocrinologist to discuss his diabetes that in the past my husband conveyed some of the messages differently than I heard them and, on the other side of the coin, I had preconceived notions about medication timing and other things that were not accurate.
  • luvinlaurakate
    luvinlaurakate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Or if you say " I need help to lose weight" his response is "when you go shopping park at the other end of the parking lot and walk" wth

I just think of Jillian Michaels' in 30DS when she's all "“So often we are told, just take the stairs. That is a false message of lethargy ! If you want results, they ain't coming' for free!”

That went through my head too! lol
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i didn't lose this much on weight watchers. that is wierd. haven't they talked about calorie counting since the beginning of dieting? this just makes it easy to do that. no pen and paper involved.
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    According to my partners dietician that is!

He was sent to see her to help him lose weight. He told her what I have been doing and she said that the whole concept was a ridiculous idea and no one should be told by an app or website how much they can eat and that it will just lead to me gaining it all back. He was loving telling me this as he has never liked the fact I'm on here logging my food and have been since February.

Just as I was about to tell him its not stupid ect as he carried on about how ridiculous mfp is he turns round and says "so she told me I should have 1500 cals a day!". I would have pointed out that's exactly the same as what I'm doing but thought it would be a waste of breath

Gave me a laugh though!

Oh, this is funny! Don't let a free app/website tell you, PAY me to tell you the same thing! :) Thanks for sharing this and giving me a good laugh for the day!
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    They don't make any money off you if your using a free site to do the same thing! Money Grubbers!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Old school thinking. Diets don't work, but lifestyle changes do. I swear this will be the very last time I will lose weight. I do plan on keeping it off. I'm not Speed Racer here. I've been at this for almost 5 years, thinking "I got it" and could do the last 18 pounds with "look Ma, no hands" approach. And yes, I failed. the last 18 pounds turned into the last 30 pounds and it lead me here where I am now down to the last 2.6 pounds! I am staying on the wagon this time. The rounds of parties coming up in the next 3 weeks will not derail me from meeting my goal by Jan 1. I have learned TONS by the school of hard knocks and my own light research and doing things that I would rather not have done such as cutting out alcohol, salt, all junk food, cutting waaay back on animal protein, processed foods, my beloved cheese, white flour, sugar, white pasta, white rice, white potatoes and adding in tons more of leafy greens, fresh veggies and fruits. Don't talk to me about the last 10 pounds being the hardest. They are the easiest as I have adopted new healthy habits late in the game. They are coming off almost easier than the first 10 when I was 205 pounds! I am 54 years old, past menopause, 5' 5 1/2" tall and as of today weigh 137.6. I have a very busy life, and have been lacking in my strength training routine, so need to focus more on that next.

But gaining it back? No way in hell! I worked damn hard, changed my life, my beliefs and you know what? Eating donuts and margaritas ain't that important to me anymore! I just bought 3 cute party dresses and 2 pair of slacks in size 4 to go to holiday parties in and I'll be feeling like a million bucks! Try getting that high out of a banana split! = D
  • MrsKyhemia
    Options
    Sounds like somebody is miffed that a computer program is putting her kind out to pasture.

That's what all her sniveling is really about.
    We live in the age of information, and the former gate keepers of knowledge are no longer needed or much valued.

I AGREE!!!
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    just like to say, I referred my Doctor to MFP.

She took a look and was quite impressed with the set up and the fact that it was helping me to lose weight...