Over 100 lbs lost! Milestones galore! *With Pics*

Options

Replies

• Ambr
    Ambr Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazinggggg, you've done a great job. thx for sharing your pics and thx for the advices.
  • Guatamellon
    Guatamellon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING> YES I AM SCREAMING THAT lol ......... Wow seriously needed that today.
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You look like a whole new person. amazing! you must be so proud!! :) great job!
  • evabarron
    evabarron Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go - you should be so proud of yourself!! Thank you for sharing your story. It's so inspiring to see before and after photos and see how much you "glow" now ;)
  • Steffi330
    Steffi330 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have now lost 107 lbs, lost 35% of my original body weight, and hit ONEderland for the first time in about 12 years!
    I am less than 2/3rds of the woman I used to be, and I am now 3/4ths of the way through my weight loss journey-- only 33 lbs away from my goal weight!

First, the pics, then the story

Before4.jpg
    Before3.jpg
    Before6.jpg

Septebmer 2011:
    AkronMarathon1.jpg
    November 2011:
    101_3692.jpg
    RecitalPosterFinal.jpg

Transformation:
    Halloweens-1.jpg
    FaceTransformation.jpg

My story:

I'm 5'10" and I tipped the scales at 305 lbs in Feb 2010 when I decided to give up fast food and pop for Lent. I quickly decided to take it further and wanted to get healthy because around that time my grandfather passed away (not from being unhealthy, but it was a wake up call for me that I was shaving years off of my life because I WAS unhealthy). Anyway, in about 5 months, I lost 43 lbs and was feeling great! I got a lot of compliments and thought I had a handle on the eating and had even exercised a little over the summer. But when school started up in the fall, I was completely caught off guard at how much harder grad school was than undergrad and I slipped into my old habits of stress eating fast food and desserts pretty much every day. I had also not gotten into a rhythm with the exercise and I thought it took too much time away from my homework, so that was one of the first things to go. Needless to say, I regained 10lbs I had lost and lost a lot of the confidence I had gained! So after the semester from hell, I rededicated myself to watching what I was eating and decided to get a trainer at the start of the new year (2011). Through the semester, I lost about 20 lbs with the trainer and watching what I was eating, but still hadn't really committed to any of it-- if I got stressed out, I was still slipping into bad habits-- until I found MFP and c25k! I started c25k in May and MFP June 1st and I honestly feel like a whole new person. I have run a 5K race, a 3.5mi leg of a marathon, and a 5 mile Turkey Trot race. Now I'm gearing up for my first half marathon in May! I've realized that instead of going to food to treat stress, I can exercise and feel SO MUCH BETTER! Even when I don't have the time to exercise like I want to (just finished my last semester of classes for grad school-- student teaching next semester), I make sure I stay under my calories and I've been able to stay on track.

Some of my advice: Get a digital food scale (cheap on amazon.com) and make sure you stick to serving sizes! For exercise, do what you like to do (or at least what you can make yourself get through) and get a heart rate monitor so you really know how many calories you're burning! This is always a hot-button topic, but I do eat my exercise calories so I'm netting at least about 1200 calories a day. I generally only eat at Subway or Panera if I'm out for meals when I would have just swung through a drive-thru for McDonalds or Taco Bell before- or even for a heart attack in a wrapper, the Baconator from Wendy's! I make sure to get as much fiber and protein in my diet as possible, but I'm not carbaphobic either. If I want pizza or a dessert, I count it in my diary and make sure I'm still under my daily budget for calories.

YOU, too, can make this a lifestyle and not just a diet! That's the only way it will work in the long run, anyway!

You are truly an inspiration!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • Mary2270
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I am encouraged by your story.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Wow - what a difference! You must feel SO healthy! :drinker: And I LOVE the Snow White costume! :bigsmile:
  • Kansas_Michelle
    Kansas_Michelle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sooooo INSPIRING! You looked beautiful in your "before" pics... but, man.... you look super incredible now! CONGRATULATIONS!
  • si_puedo
    si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    you TOTALLY ROCK!!!! congrats....
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!!!!
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look amazing! and story is really inspiring. I really would love to love to run again...i just gotta keep moving! :) Thank you!
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Wow, fantastic job. Your photos and story show that persistence pays off, even when you have some setbacks. You just kept going, refining what works for you.

Great job! And, thanks for the inspiration : )
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    GREAT job girl! Cant wait to have a success story like yours!!
  • gregthegroove
    Options
    Megan, so proud of you! That is a great story! Good job and I hope to foloow your success! =)
  • RocksFlower
    RocksFlower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story and your advice, you are such an inspiration thank you!:drinker:
  • twinkle0
    Options
    Wow reading that was so motivational! Excellent job!
  • GEMINI_STL
    GEMINI_STL Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! Keep it Up! I am trying to get Motivated and be like U!
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    you look incredible!! such an inspiration!
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    Great job! I see myelf in your pictures--I started at over 300lbs and I'm 5'9". I'm now down about 75 and still going...but the last month has been tougher because of stress and I need to refocus and redefine my schedule.

Thanks for sharing!!!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I love your story, absolutely amazing!! You should be VERY proud!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!