Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Girlfriend, you have GOT it going on!
  • FionaNiConnor
    FionaNiConnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    How fantastic! Thank you for posting your story and your photos; you are truly an inspiration.
  • heavenlyhazel
    heavenlyhazel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Thank you so much for posting your story. You are an inspiration to me as I have as much to lose as you have lost so far. So, I see that it is possible! Thank you for that as I am only 3 days in and certain times even so far it seems like it is impossible!
  • whynotnana
    whynotnana Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! your lifestyle change really paid off!! I think that is the hardest to get through my head--not just to lose so many lbs, but to be able to make the change in our life. Keep up the good work, you do yourself proud!
  • Janicebrown77
    Janicebrown77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantatsic well done!!!!
  • Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    bump
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    well done x
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    WOW what a transformation and inspiration. You look like a totally different person and must feel like one as well. How wonderful you were able to find exercise instead of food as your stress reducer. With all the marathons and food plan you are following those few remaining pounds (which i can't even see) will be off of you real soon. Keep going strong and I will continue to follow your progress. Would love to become friends with you as I can use all the suggestions and pointers I can get from one who has accomplished so much.
  • Reasie26
    Reasie26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Outrageous!!! You have done SUCH a fabulous job!!!! All that while getting through grad school! Awesome!!! Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing!!!!
  • londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Well done, keep it up! :)
  • StephTheBookworm
    StephTheBookworm Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Wow! You inspire me too. Great job.
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    You've done a fantastic job... Thanks for sharing your story.
  • LisaJ2904
    LisaJ2904 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have to say I thought you looked so pretty even in your first picture but now , OMG you look amazing, congrats x
  • bskupien
    bskupien Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you. Awesome!
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You've truly inspired me!!! Awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    Options
    I have now lost 107 lbs, lost 35% of my original body weight, and hit ONEderland for the first time in about 12 years!
    I am less than 2/3rds of the woman I used to be, and I am now 3/4ths of the way through my weight loss journey-- only 33 lbs away from my goal weight!

First, the pics, then the story

Before4.jpg
    Before3.jpg
    Before6.jpg

Septebmer 2011:
    AkronMarathon1.jpg
    November 2011:
    101_3692.jpg
    RecitalPosterFinal.jpg

Transformation:
    Halloweens-1.jpg
    FaceTransformation.jpg

My story:

I'm 5'10" and I tipped the scales at 305 lbs in Feb 2010 when I decided to give up fast food and pop for Lent. I quickly decided to take it further and wanted to get healthy because around that time my grandfather passed away (not from being unhealthy, but it was a wake up call for me that I was shaving years off of my life because I WAS unhealthy). Anyway, in about 5 months, I lost 43 lbs and was feeling great! I got a lot of compliments and thought I had a handle on the eating and had even exercised a little over the summer. But when school started up in the fall, I was completely caught off guard at how much harder grad school was than undergrad and I slipped into my old habits of stress eating fast food and desserts pretty much every day. I had also not gotten into a rhythm with the exercise and I thought it took too much time away from my homework, so that was one of the first things to go. Needless to say, I regained 10lbs I had lost and lost a lot of the confidence I had gained! So after the semester from hell, I rededicated myself to watching what I was eating and decided to get a trainer at the start of the new year (2011). Through the semester, I lost about 20 lbs with the trainer and watching what I was eating, but still hadn't really committed to any of it-- if I got stressed out, I was still slipping into bad habits-- until I found MFP and c25k! I started c25k in May and MFP June 1st and I honestly feel like a whole new person. I have run a 5K race, a 3.5mi leg of a marathon, and a 5 mile Turkey Trot race. Now I'm gearing up for my first half marathon in May! I've realized that instead of going to food to treat stress, I can exercise and feel SO MUCH BETTER! Even when I don't have the time to exercise like I want to (just finished my last semester of classes for grad school-- student teaching next semester), I make sure I stay under my calories and I've been able to stay on track.

Some of my advice: Get a digital food scale (cheap on amazon.com) and make sure you stick to serving sizes! For exercise, do what you like to do (or at least what you can make yourself get through) and get a heart rate monitor so you really know how many calories you're burning! This is always a hot-button topic, but I do eat my exercise calories so I'm netting at least about 1200 calories a day. I generally only eat at Subway or Panera if I'm out for meals when I would have just swung through a drive-thru for McDonalds or Taco Bell before- or even for a heart attack in a wrapper, the Baconator from Wendy's! I make sure to get as much fiber and protein in my diet as possible, but I'm not carbaphobic either. If I want pizza or a dessert, I count it in my diary and make sure I'm still under my daily budget for calories.

YOU, too, can make this a lifestyle and not just a diet! That's the only way it will work in the long run, anyway!

You look AAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG:happy: Such an inspiration for all of us and Thank you very much for sharing this story. Stress either sends a person 1 way or the other right? You're either gonna starve yourself or over eat.
    Again, congrats on your success:happy:
  • ksimpson1978
    Options
    OUTSTANDING! You look amazing. I just started MFP journey and your post is such an inspiration!! Your grandfather would be so proud!!
  • WhiteCoc0
    WhiteCoc0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Ammmmazing!!!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    You did great! I love the costumes btw. lol
  • eskimite
    eskimite Posts: 56
    Options
    I am so happy for you! Great job!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!