name one, really random, strange fact about yourself

Options

Replies

• _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager, I was a hockey FANATIC... my life goal was to marry a hockey player and have his babies
    I cried every single day of Kindergarten when my mom dropped me off. Every. single. day.
    I'm afraid of geese. Every time I take my kids to feed ducks, its like the geese can smell the fear on me and they stalk me. I'm afraid to turn my back on those sneaky *kitten* because I'm convinced they'll chase me and bite me.

i burst out laughing at the "on those sneaky *kitten*". I feel the same way - but i was bitten by a goose at sea world in san diego
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    i must cut my sandwiches in half diagonally. eat crust first. then eat interior.

i cannot have 1 dish meals...i need piles of discrete foods.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I have a scar from a penguin!
    Awesome
  • kellicruz1978
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am the youngest of 16 children.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I broke my arm once.…
  • pyro1028
    Options
    I can't stand to touch the fuzz of peaches. It's one of those "nails on a chalkboard" things.
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I don't like empty hangers between the cloths in the closet. Once I remove an article of clothing off the hanger I take the hanger out and move it to the very front of the closet. So at the front are empty hangers, then I put them in the basket when its time to wash cloths. My husband has learned to just go with the flow.
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I hate socks with a passion. I can stretch my left pinkie toe away from all the others but not the right one.

ETA: I still wear socks, I just hate them. And I also hate shoes. If I could walk around barefoot all the time I probably would.
  • kacbldmm07
    Options
    I am very OCD... If someone turns on the show hoarders I get up and start cleaning my clean house. My children even put their shoes from smallest to biggest in the closet, and they put their clothes in their closets color coded. Its bad. :embarassed:
  • _snw_
    Options
    Ok I will reveal my Husband is related to a very well known Canadian serial Killer, they are cousins, and no he is not at all proud of it, it has caused his life to be sheer living hell because of the surname, and no I will not reveal who it is.

Not that I'd want you to divuldge, but I had to go google canadian serial killers. Wow. There are A LOT of serial killers in canada.
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I had an ear wig crawl in my ear when we were camping in the middle of nowhere. was in my ear for 6 hours before they got it out at the hospital. it was right on my ear drum so every time it moved it felt like someone was scratching their finger nails on a chalk board in my head.. i know why they are called ear wigs now.

OMG my ear is itching now too. Also please *do not* watch "Star Trek II". Those who have seen that movie will know what I mean. ;)

This story seriously creeps me out! Lol I had an earwig nest at my front door and didnt know it but one night there were ear wigs crawling all over the ceiling and walls and floor and I did not sleep the entire night.. Borox keeps them away =] but now they are one of my most feared bugs because ive heard horrible storys YUCK!
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    when i was pregnant with both kids i craved the smell of laundry detergent and fabric softener..and i brought travel sizes everywhere so i could smell it..and when going to the store I had to spend like 20 minutes deciding what smell I was going to purchase..lol and then once I went in a candle store I had to smell every candle..linen was still my favorite..

later i found out its called PICA but I HAD to smell it it was amazing lol. Not like I wanted to eat it or anything =] Just smell haha.

PICA is when you EAT non-food items. I eat fabric softener, and I prefer Snuggle Blue Sparkle. I also crave Downy UNstopables In-wash Scent Booster, both fragrances, but 'Fresh' is my favorite. I also eat ice all day long and some doctors lump it in with PICA as well.

Well I ate ice all day long too crushed ice especially I had to make a stop at the only gas station in my town at least 3 times a day to get the giant 44 ounce cups of just ice..luckily I spent most days on that side of town because my college was out there.. Fresh was the best for me too and okay Im not going to lie once I almost ate it but had self control because didnt want it to affect my baby..my friends bought me different scented fabric softeners and laundry detergents for christmas that year lol
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    My daughter's mother had PICA when she was pregnant. She wanted to eat rocks or chalk. She even ate a little chalk from time to time. Her doc told her a story about a woman so bad she was chewing gravel and only came to her senses once when she caught herself kneeling down to lick a rock caught in her tire tread.

For me I'm double jointed. My fingers can all do things they're not supposed to. If you stare at my hand you can see that my thumbs just don't look right.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I had a brain tumor removed several years, during surgery a fly landed on my exposed brain...True story. :happy:
  • _snw_
    Options
    I take off my seat belt when driving over a bridge in case it collaspes when I go over....all the time I'm plotting how I'd jump in the back seat, unbuckle my babies, pop the windows with my glass shatterer kept in the back seat, and swim to safety.....

Don't know where that irrational fear came from....seriously....

Holy mother of god. I am so freaked out about going into the water with my babies in the back (i have three) that I won't let my husband, myself or grandparents to take the most direct route out of a city we visit often, that goes by a river for about 30 miles. If we do because of weather closed the pass going to other way, the entire time i'm freaking out about going into the water and my kids drowning. The worst is thinkiong about how i'm going to open the windows/doors underwater. I know from mythbusters the pressure has to be the same in/out, so i have to let the car fill, but how am i going to keep three children from drowning? Ugh. Now i'm all worried about it again. :)
  • Isisnile
    Options
    I am madly in love with Captain Jean-Luc Picard!
  • chryciw
    chryciw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I celebrated my first birthday in a full body cast... from armpit to toes. My poor mother.
  • mcptsr1
    Options
    George Washington's horse (the white one in all of those pictures) died and was buried in my relative's backyard. Washington was on his way from Mt Vernon to Philadelphia and stayed with his friend (one of his Doctors ) which was my great "whatever number: grandfather. The horse died at his house. This is the crazy truth! At least that's what the family says. I even saw the house where the horse was buried. My family is steeped in early american history, They came over on the first Puritan ship.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'm a nazi in bed with the covers... they have to be just so and not all twisted or half off the bed. It tends to annoy my husband. I've been married a month now and it took me months just to get used to him sleeping in the bed with me... what with all the readjusting of the blanket and sheets. LOL. I didn't realize just how bad it was until we started dating and sleeping in the same bed... there were nights I'd toss and turn and mess with the sheets while getting used to the fact I'd never again be able to have total control over the sheets :-) And I'm being dead serious...
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have a very specific shower ritual that I have to follow (OCD ya know) and it takes 25 minutes for me to shower. It drives my friends and family crazy as they don't understand why I have to do it. Kind of like the way I have to arrange the dishes in the dishwasher and count how many pieces of silverware/utensils go in the little caddy thing in the dishwasher. Each silverware slot has to have the same number.

On a fun note, I was blessed by an elephant in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India last year. Totally cool!