Cutting dairy from diet? Your thoughts...

Options
12346»

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Eh watching debates entertains me through finals week :D
    Some get me worked up, can't deny it tho xD

Even though I study nutrition in school and am always reading up on articles as much as I can... milk hasn't came up yet xD SO it is more reading material for me later!

My opinion: If milk isn't doing you any harm and you enjoy it - drink up! If you experience problems then don't :D
    It will not have a more positive effect on fat loss if you remain in the same calorie deficit in most cases.

Personally I like coconut milk best. SO creamy and yummy! Taste preference for me. If it was cheaper I would buy it more

Edit: Spelling - sounded dirty xD
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options

Personally I like coconut milk best. SO creaming and yummy! Taste preference for me. If it was cheaper I would buy it more

And more calcium than milk.
  • Shantel17
    Shantel17 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't suggest cutting out dairy completely but i know i switched over to almond milk and i love it.
    Options

Personally I like coconut milk best. SO creaming and yummy! Taste preference for me. If it was cheaper I would buy it more

And more calcium than milk.

I didn't even know that xD I knew it had a good amount of potassium too :] I think skim milk still has about ~300mg too
    Taste preference for me
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Personally I like coconut milk best. SO creamy and yummy! Taste preference for me. If it was cheaper I would buy it more

550 calories pre cup...just sayin
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options

70 calories per cup for coconut-derived milk substitute, which I think (hope) the above poster was talking about. That's as opposed to actual coconut milk (the tasty-but-rich substance used in cooking).
  • kouzzzz
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

So Delicious has 50 calories per cup
  • Rewinds
    Options
    Everyone reacts differently but a study showed that dairy digests a bit differently and the fat in dairy passes through the body compared to other fats.

It is part 3/4 of the BBC Documentary - How to be slim
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSm1dWjMGeM&feature=related
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

[/quote]

[/quote]

true...so delicious removes 4 of the 5 grams of protein and most of the carb calories
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I won't cut dairy.............................I usually get mine from Coldstone.:wink:

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    Options

true...so delicious removes 4 of the 5 grams of protein and most of the carb calories

I drink so delicious in my protein shakes a lot :D

But use the high calorie stuff in my oatmeal and in other things ^-^ Easy way to get calories on those days i'm not hungry!
    Or sometimes get the light organic kind.

SoOoOo much yumminess.
    550 calories a cup yes - but half a cup some days isn't bad ^-^
  • kouzzzz
    Options

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes by adding water. I use it in my protein smoothies
  • kouzzzz
    Options

[/quote]

Yes by adding water. I use it in my protein smoothies
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Give up my beloved cheese? Never! Horrors!!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Give up my beloved cheese? Never! Horrors!!

daiyalarge.gif

:)
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i could never give up on dairy, i love it too much. but i drink (pretty much) only skim milk and have moved to low fat cheese if i am just eating it as a snack, unfortunately my cafeteria at school doesn't have low fat cheese on the deli bar. i also like to get as many of my vitamins through food as possible and need all the help i can get from calcium on bone health
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I just want to say something, since everyone always gets so worked up whenever I express my opinion that cow's milk is meant for baby cows, and not as a necessary part of the human diet. I'm not trying to be contrary or stomp all over everyone's beloved milk. It took several years of relunctant open-mindedness and skepticism before I gradually came around to my current stance. Here in America, we are taught our entire lives, through school and the media, that dairy is very healthy and we should eat a ton of it. The facts are different. The dairy industry is powerful, and they have influence in the government. I encourage everyone to do their own research and decide for themselves.

That is all. :)

I get worked up when I see outrageously false things, like cow's milk being filled with blood and pus. Then your powers of comprehension and critical thinking are brought into question and your whole argument looks ludicrous.
  • tidmutt
    tidmutt Posts: 317
    Options

Here's a link to some information about dairy from the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
    http://www.pcrm.org/search/?cid=252

^^ PETArds with an agenda^^^
    Less than 5 percent of PCRM’s members are physicians, and Barnard is not a nutritionist (he's a psychiatrist).

Ugh.

"In sum, “The China Study” is a compelling collection of carefully chosen data. Unfortunately for both health seekers and the scientific community, Campbell appears to exclude relevant information when it indicts plant foods as causative of disease, or when it shows potential benefits for animal products."
    For a complete evisceration of that steaming pile, read this:
    http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/

+1 to this. The poster totally lost me when she referenced the China Study. It's been pulled apart and ripped to shreds so many times... Correlation != Causation it's almost a cliche.
  • abc442486
    Options
    Just as an fyi....

I am severly allergic to any and all dairy products my whole life. I am still here working on losing weight.

I think a calorie is a calorie and that you shouldn't be depriving yourself of an entire food group needlessly. If you eat under your TDEE you will lose weight, wether it is from dairy free food or not.