WORST Christmas songs...

Options

Replies

• lizgreenhill
    Options
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options
    Christmas Shoes and that horrible, maudlin "Another Auld Lang Syne" by Dan Fogelberg. He runs into an old girlfriend at the grocery store and they go drink beer in her car. :huh: So Christmassy. :tongue:

What I dislike about these two songs is that they are sappy for the sake of being sappy. I feel like someone is trying to manipulate me, and I resent it. The emotion in those songs is not genuine.
  • BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Oh, and after reading over more of the thread, I have to second "Simply Having A Wonderful Christmastime." I used to work in retail and right after Halloween they'd pop in the damn looping Christmas song tape that repeated itself every 3 hours. That song was on there and would just drive me insane. It's one of those songs that every time I hear it, bad memories come rushing back. In this case, memories of cranky-*kitten* shoppers who'd probably pull a knife on you just to get an extra 5% discount.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    If I hear Feliz Navidad one more time by Jose Feliciano, my eardrums may start bleeding.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Last night I heard the most ridiculous song on my husband's Christmas playlist. Something about a country Christmas dinner. It's basically a list of a bunch of foods, framed by a conversation by "kids" (sung by a middle-aged man) and their "mother" (who is far too cheerful when the kids are being nags). It's so dumb.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Fairytale of new york by the pogues...a lot of people love it but i cannot stand it!!!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Jeff Foxworthy- Redneck 12 Days of Christmas
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Oh, and after reading over more of the thread, I have to second "Simply Having A Wonderful Christmastime."

That's it. That's the one I forgot. What makes the song even more horrific is that it's Sir Paul Frickin' McCartney! A genius. One of the greatest songwriters of our time. And he crapped out that steaming pile of dung.
  • jennajava
    Options
    Oh, and after reading over more of the thread, I have to second "Simply Having A Wonderful Christmastime."

That's it. That's the one I forgot. What makes the song even more horrific is that it's Sir Paul Frickin' McCartney! A genius. One of the greatest songwriters of our time. And he crapped out that steaming pile of dung.

Oh God! It's in my head now! Make it stop!
  • Jones4177
    Options
    Paul McCarney - Wonderful Christmastie - Hate it!!
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I hate when any singer tries to sing Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song". It just isn't the same and no one can compare, not even his daughter.
  • jennajava
    Options
    I hate when any singer tries to sing Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song". It just isn't the same and no one can compare, not even his daughter.

Word!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer. About as annoying and moronic as it comes.
  • khaleesinoodlebelly
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned George Michaels "Last Christmas"?

HATE THAT SONG-- The number one rule in choosing christmas songs for radio stations should be--Just because the word Christmas is in a song doesnt mean it is a frakking Christmas song.

I certainly hope this is the ---- L A S T C H R I S T M A S--- I hear the song "Last (I am not a Christmas song!!!!) Christmas".

Thanks I needed that.

happy christmas!

xo

+mara
  • khaleesinoodlebelly
    Options
    By far the worst Christmas song is "Last Christmas" by Wham!. OMG it makes me want to cut off my ears.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Times a billion!! Holy cr*p I can't stand that song!!

Yes--worst song ever!!!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Trans-Siberian Orchestra: Old City Bar.

I HATE that song. It's so bad that it's now become a tradition in our house to listen to it and make fun of the guy singing.
    Really??? I love that song...I love every song on that cd actually!
  • Isrn2
    Isrn2 Posts: 160
    Options
    step #1 - google Yorgi Yorgesson...

step #2 - listen to "Yingle Bells" and "I yust go nuts at Christmas"

step #3 - watch your ears bleed

yes, my father subjected me to these... along with a Disney "classic" called Jingle Jingle Bones.

y'all have NOTHING to complain about !!!!

LOL. Our father's must have been related. Between Yorgi Yorgesson's christmas songs and resounding renditions of "John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt" I was permanently scarred.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Okay, after reading this thread, I realized there are a LOT more that I hate. "Do they know it's Christmas?" is truly horrible... Wonderful Christmastime ... Feliz Navidad (ugh it's so redundant) ... Christmas Shoes ... Last Christmas ...

But the one that came to mind first was that one that takes Pachelbel's Cannon in D (so not a Christmas song) and then puts some kids singing something remotely Christmas-y with it. Just because it's baroque doesn't make it Christmas music!

(As a musician I find Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring boring to play, but it's not really a horrible Christmas song)
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Christmas shoes! ugh! Talk about feel good songs....
    Agreed! Mother's dying any minute now. I think I'll leave her side to buy her some shoes. WTF?!

agreed agreed agreed and everyone always says oh i love that song! really wtf and then they add i cry every time i hear omg get over and change the station lmao
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options

I thought ya'll were talking about Christmas Wrapping by the waitresses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDbu5QfH1-c&feature=related

Okay that's 2 minutes of my life I'll never get back (at least I didn't waste the whole 5!). But at least the lights were pretty cool.