WORST Christmas songs...

Options

Replies

• Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Just started a topic for BEST Christmas songs. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/419748-best-christmas-songs
    Probably not as fun as this one, but hey, since we're starting to talk about the ones we like ... :wink: :laugh:
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas

Dominic the Donkey
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    "do they know it's christmas"

THESE lyrics. "Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you"

REALLY? That's awful.

This one gets on my nerves so much: "And there won't be snow in Africa this christmas time" Uh....as someone who was born in Africa, don't they know it's SUMMER there????? Seriously, my family celebrates the holiday with pool parties and barbeques around the lake.......It was 30C - which is about 86F yesterday my grandmother told me this morning.......LOL

Well, it's winter above the equator. Also, I'm sitting there going... "Uhmmm. The mountains?"
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas

Dominic the Donkey

I LOVE both of those!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    OK, found one on the way home last night.

Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses

Simply awful!
  • fitterpat
    fitterpat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Okay - I'm not on MFP very often......I'm making it my resolution to track more often - at least 4 times a week......lol

but: the worst Christmas song I know is Dominick the Donkey.....but not the version you hear on the radio - the version my dad sings......he does the "HeeHaw" noise like a asthmatic donkey that's being branded with a cattle prod......it's absolutely brutal!!! And to top it off, he plays it on repeat for hours - simply because he knows it bugs me!!!!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas drives me up the wall - makes me want to light Xmas trees on fire whilst smashing presents and ruin every child's xmas morning.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus." Really. I HATE this song. I especially hate it by the Jackson 5.
    and
    That stupid "Mamacita Donde Esta Santa Claus?" thing. That **** is just unacceptable.

I am with you on the mommy kissing santa clause. I especially also hate the Jackson 5 version. It is so stupid because in my mind it kind of makes christmas about adults kissing and telling on mom (very strange stuff for kids to be thinkign about) and i hate it. so does "Santa Baby" which I think is the one I hate the most! Santa Baby makes it all about gifts and material things and being all cute and sexy. not what christmas is about! awful!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Little Drummer Boy

This one and Grandma Got Ran Over By A Reindeer

Amen!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i've been hearing "my favorite things" the song from sound of music. i didn't know it was a christmas carol. wtf?
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I HATE the Pogues song (with Kirsty McC) and, Band Aid! Someone rip my ears off and superglue the holes they've left behind so I don't have to listen to that crap, arghhhh! And... breathe lol

On a brighter note, I really like Let It Snow and the Mariah Carey one, All I Want For Christmas!!!!! :)
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Any Christmas song done by The Mannheim Steamrollers.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Grandma got run over by a reindeer! The cartoon, even worse.
  • AdymondNtheRuff
    AdymondNtheRuff Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    What do the lonely do at christmas!
  • sarahnicole218
    Options
    Whatever that song is that says "last christmas, i gave you my heart and the very next day, you threw it away..." or whatever. EVERY version of that song by ANY artist is the bane of my existence!! It's awful! And I cringe when I hear "Mister Santa"
  • InTenn
    InTenn Posts: 99
    Options
    Elvis or Porky Pig singing "Blue Christmas." Once I hear it, my Christmas spirit goes in the toilet for the rest of the year.

I hate this one too...

When I was a kid, my folks had a Reader's Digest Collection (yeah, we were hip) recording of an unnamed ensemble singing that song, slowed down and very... melancholy. It had the same feel as "I'll be home for Christmas." It was a pretty, moving song and became one of my favorites. But yeah, I hate Elvis' singing it.
  • sarahnicole218
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned George Michaels "Last Christmas"?

HATE THAT SONG-- The number one rule in choosing christmas songs for radio stations should be--Just because the word Christmas is in a song doesnt mean it is a frakking Christmas song.

I certainly hope this is the ---- L A S T C H R I S T M A S--- I hear the song "Last (I am not a Christmas song!!!!) Christmas".

Thanks I needed that.

happy christmas!

xo

+mara

So I posted my response before reading the whole thread. YUP! WORST. SONG. EVER. Not even just the worst Christmas song, just the worst song in existence.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I HATE the Pogues song (with Kirsty McC) and, Band Aid! Someone rip my ears off and superglue the holes they've left behind so I don't have to listen to that crap, arghhhh! And... breathe lol

On a brighter note, I really like Let It Snow and the Mariah Carey one, All I Want For Christmas!!!!! :)

You hate Fairytale of New York?! That's one of the only three Christmas songs I love!

Fairytale of New York - The Pogues
    Father Christmas - The Kinks
    Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis - Tom Waits

That's MY kind of Christmas music right there!
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hey Brett, ah god yeah...it gets on my wick!!! He can't sing to save his life and it just really grates on me!

Each to their own though pet!

[[/quote]

You hate Fairytale of New York?! That's one of the only three Christmas songs I love!

Fairytale of New York - The Pogues
    Father Christmas - The Kinks
    Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis - Tom Waits

That's MY kind of Christmas music right there!
    [/quote]
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Hey Brett, ah god yeah...it gets on my wick!!! He can't sing to save his life and it just really grates on me!

Each to their own though pet!

Of course. I can see where someone wouldn't dig Shane Macgowan. I hate all Christmas music except the F'd up songs. I'm the weirdo, not you.