Options

Replies

• ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Sure you are wanted here! Jump right in. :happy:
  • Matterafun
    Options
    HI, I saw the group on the page and Ann messaged me earlier in the day to help motivate me. I am new and I currently am at a start weight of 220..

I am not sure.. if you want me in this group? Im not sure.
    But I would lvoe to have a challege to work towards! And anything that would get me closer to my goal is an excellent thing in my book....

<3
    B

Welcome, its_B!
  • Mette
    Mette Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi guys, forgot to write on friday - but I'm down 2 pounds this week. :happy:

Welcome to a couple of new members :smile:

So far it looks like :

Ricksnaustin : down 2 :smile:
    Jocelynnbug : up 1 :sad:
    Pegm : down 3 :smile:
    Matterafun: down 1,8 :smile:
    Awestfall: up 1 :sad:
    Myastyme: down 1 :smile:
    Sapphire: down ? :smile:
    Wanning: down 2 :smile:

Have a nice week - my challenge to me (and maybe you to) is to wog 3 times this week.

Wanning
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hey folks!!
    I didn't lose or gain, I'm still at 253 :noway: !!! But not for long!! I bought Jillian Michaels's 30 day shred!! I hope to have a different report next week :tongue: .

What's the challenge for this week???
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Thanks for welcoming me to the group!
    is there still not a new challenge?

I was thinking about setting a personal goal for myself that this week I would walk 20 miles...
    Does that sound pretty good? I though it was a pretty high number.. and a good place to start since Im so out of shape... does anyone agree with me? and I am doing great with the calorie limit set by the food section.. my problem is staying active with.. exorcise and stuff.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have a cold today and feel like poo however Im going to stay low on calories and walk 2-3hrs outside....no challenge yet?:huh:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    HI, I saw the group on the page and Ann messaged me earlier in the day to help motivate me. I am new and I currently am at a start weight of 220..

I am not sure.. if you want me in this group? Im not sure.
    But I would lvoe to have a challege to work towards! And anything that would get me closer to my goal is an excellent thing in my book....

<3
    B
    you are wlcome to this group:heart:
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    Welcome its_B
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm back. My dad was in town last week and I was super busy unpacking and remodeling. We tore my breakfast bar out and redid all the floors. It looks so nice now! :happy: Unforetunatly the fact that the kitchen was torn out added to the fact that we were going nonstop, did not play in so nicely with eating healthy. I am at 209 this week. Hit the gym hard this morning, ran 4.6 miles in 60 minutes. Hoping to see a more pleasant number next week!
  • Matterafun
    Options

I was thinking about setting a personal goal for myself that this week I would walk 20 miles...
    Does that sound pretty good? I though it was a pretty high number.. and a good place to start since Im so out of shape... does anyone agree with me? and I am doing great with the calorie limit set by the food section.. my problem is staying active with.. exorcise and stuff.

I've not seen a new challenge yet, so what you suggest for yourself sounds great! In fact, walking was one of our previous challenges, so that's a good one. 20 miles does seem like a lot for just getting started, so you may want to consider walking minutes versus miles and listen to your body. It's good to build up your endurance and increase your speed gradually. I'm proud of you for taking the step toward getting healthier! Glad you're part of our group :smile:

In lieu of having a new challenge this week and in the future, we may all want to consider repeating any of the past challenges like: keeping track of the amount of water you drink each day; keeping within your MFP calories each day; minutes of walking; minutes of cardio; minutes of strength training; and number of sit-ups.

Best wishes!
  • awestfall
    Options

I've not seen a new challenge yet, so what you suggest for yourself sounds great! In fact, walking was one of our previous challenges, so that's a good one. 20 miles does seem like a lot for just getting started, so you may want to consider walking minutes versus miles and listen to your body. It's good to build up your endurance and increase your speed gradually. I'm proud of you for taking the step toward getting healthier! Glad you're part of our group :smile:

In lieu of having a new challenge this week and in the future, we may all want to consider repeating any of the past challenges like: keeping track of the amount of water you drink each day; keeping within your MFP calories each day; minutes of walking; minutes of cardio; minutes of strength training; and number of sit-ups.

Best wishes!
    I agree lets do the walking challenge again guys!! Who is with me?
  • its_B
    Options

Best wishes!

Haha I am! And Ann thanks so much for the message! Okay so tonight I'm joining a gym!
    AAAAAANNNNNNDDDD I agree with your comment about minutes.. I will totally adjust.. and I will keep track of miles just as a bonus! ^_^

So everyone what is a good amount of minutes as a challenge.. maybbeeeee 350? or maybe less then that... like... 250?

I think I might aim for the 350. one of my schools mottos was "AIM HIGH!" haha

<3
    B

p.s. thanks again for welcoming me to the group!
  • awestfall
    Options

Best wishes!

Haha I am! And Ann thanks so much for the message! Okay so tonight I'm joining a gym!
    AAAAAANNNNNNDDDD I agree with your comment about minutes.. I will totally adjust.. and I will keep track of miles just as a bonus! ^_^

So everyone what is a good amount of minutes as a challenge.. maybbeeeee 350? or maybe less then that... like... 250?

I think I might aim for the 350. one of my schools mottos was "AIM HIGH!" haha

<3
    B

p.s. thanks again for welcoming me to the group!
    350 minutes is good if your not used to exercise.
  • its_B
    Options
    Okay So! my goal is to walk a total of 350 minutes by next monday! maybe even more!
    Good news! I got my gym membership and I spent over 2 hours at the gym! yay!

Even better news though is that I resisted all the unhealthy foods at Kroger, and managed jsut to buy veggies, rice, cottage cheese, and chicken! yay! (i always have a habit of buying food I shouldnt)
    and I would write more but im in a hurry!

<3
    B
  • awestfall
    Options
    Okay So! my goal is to walk a total of 350 minutes by next monday! maybe even more!

Even better news though is that I resisted all the unhealthy foods at Kroger, and managed jsut to buy veggies, rice, cottage cheese, and chicken! yay! (i always have a habit of buying food I shouldnt)

<3
    B
    GREAT JOB on your gym membership and making better food choices!! You are well on your way to success GIRLIE!!
  • pricer15
    pricer15 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm new to the site, been here about a week. I've been getting used to logging my food in the food diary and being consistent. I'm Cheryl in Colorado and I started here at 260 lbs. My ultimate goal is 170, but I've set my Weight Watchers goal to 190. I'm 49, a sahm of two kids, whom I home school. I have arthritis in my knees, including pseudogout (not regular gout) that is sporadic but incapacitating when I get an attack. I have been working on figuring out exercise I can do at home that doesn't hurt my knees. I've been in water aerobics for a year-twice a week. Right now I'm working on walking consistently and will add weight training with the equipment I have at home.

GLad to meet you.
  • its_B
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm new to the site, been here about a week. I've been getting used to logging my food in the food diary and being consistent. I'm Cheryl in Colorado and I started here at 260 lbs. My ultimate goal is 170, but I've set my Weight Watchers goal to 190. I'm 49, a sahm of two kids, whom I home school. I have arthritis in my knees, including pseudogout (not regular gout) that is sporadic but incapacitating when I get an attack. I have been working on figuring out exercise I can do at home that doesn't hurt my knees. I've been in water aerobics for a year-twice a week. Right now I'm working on walking consistently and will add weight training with the equipment I have at home.

GLad to meet you.

Hi!
    I'm new too! these lovely ladies have been super kickbutt! you are going to love em!
    Welcome!!!!
    ~B
  • its_B
    Options

<3
    B
    GREAT JOB on your gym membership and making better food choices!! You are well on your way to success GIRLIE!!

THANK YOU!!!!! I <3 Ann!!!
    actually guess what im going to do right now!? GO TO THE GYM!!!!! yay! I have about 3.5 hours before I have my first class today so Im rushing out to the gym for around 2 hours! yay! (oh and I am surprisingly only mildly sore... does this mean I should push harder?!)

<3 you guys!
    B
  • awestfall
    Options
    Hi all,

GLad to meet you.
    WELCOME to the GROUP !!! I know you will love it here on MFP:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    Options

<3
    B

THANK YOU!!!!! I <3 Ann!!!
    actually guess what im going to do right now!? GO TO THE GYM!!!!! yay! I have about 3.5 hours before I have my first class today so Im rushing out to the gym for around 2 hours! yay! (oh and I am surprisingly only mildly sore... does this mean I should push harder?!)

<3 you guys!
    B
    If you are sore thats good it means you are working muscles that you haven't worked for a long time.Now if its really painful I wouldn't over do it but just mildly sore push through it and work out some more.The more you workout the less sore your body will get because it will adjust to the activity.:flowerforyou: