Over 200 Club Week 4 (open group)

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Ok walking challenge count me in!! Ive been doing 1-2 hrs a day ..
    GO GIRL!!
  • awestfall
    Options
    120 minutes of walking for me today.
  • Matterafun
    Options
    UGh!!:grumble: no walking outside for me as expected. Rain and now snow!! I guess this is a true spring in Minnesota this year. But I did make it to the gym and did walk on the treadmill for 10 minutes after 40 on the elliptical. Hopeing for a good change in weather soon. I have a hard time walking on the tread mill as I get cramps in my shins while I am walking or running on it. I have tried different shoes and still the same. Any ideas for what could remedy this issue?

We're supposed to get storms tomorrow and snow on Friday and Saturday, and I'm in Oklahoma! Thank goodness for Leslie Sansone's walking DVDs!!

As for your shins, it sounds like you might need to make sure you adequately stretch them throughout your workout. I used to get shin splints when I ran and sometimes when I walked too fast too soon. Now, before, during and after my walks/runs, I make sure to stretch my calves and shins. I stand with the ball of one foot on the street curb and let my heel hang down to stretch the back of my leg. I then take that same leg and place the top of my foot on the side of the curb (bending my knee) and gently pushing that knee forward so it stretches the front of my shin. I do that calf/shin stretch several times and then repeat it with the other leg. Does that make sense? As I'm walking or running, if I feel my shins are getting tight or are beginning to cramp, I stop and do the stretch again a few times and then continue on with my workout. This stretch has really helped me, so I hope it will do the same for you!
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Ugh..
    Not feeling good today..

So i was doing WONDERFUL all day yesterday until about an hour before I got off work.
    My stomach started hurting really badly.
    So went home and took a small nap hoping it was just sleep deprivation. not so much. Instead I have extreme cramps(totally immobilizing) from a period I no longer get from an IUD I had put in. This really sucks. and to make it worse I went over my calories yesterday and I didnt walk, and I didnt drink all my water. I just had a TERRIBLE evening. I went to bed at like 9 and didn't wake up till my boyfriend shook me awake to tell me it was 9:50 and I was going to be massively late for work (need to be at work by 10 and its half an hour away.

So my day/night sucked.. and I gained back like all 3 pounds I lost.. I have NOOO idea how.. but I did. So tonight I am forcing myself to the gym cramps or not. I cannot sit around the house eating, and feeling sorry for myself.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
    God i feel terrible.

<3
    B
    p.s. Thanks for the congratz Ann <3
  • awestfall
    Options
    Ugh..
    Not feeling good today..

So i was doing WONDERFUL all day yesterday until about an hour before I got off work.
    So went home and took a small nap hoping it was just sleep deprivation. not so much. Instead I have extreme cramps(totally immobilizing) from a period I no longer get from an IUD I had put in. This really sucks. and to make it worse I went over my calories yesterday and I didnt walk, and I didnt drink all my water. I just had a TERRIBLE evening. I went to bed at like 9 and didn't wake up till my boyfriend shook me awake to tell me it was 9:50 and I was going to be massively late for work (need to be at work by 10 and its half an hour away.

So my day/night sucked.. and I gained back like all 3 pounds I lost.. I have NOOO idea how.. but I did. So tonight I am forcing myself to the gym cramps or not. I cannot sit around the house eating, and feeling sorry for myself.

God i feel terrible.

<3
    B
    Even during your period you should try to push through the cramping and exercise because it will help relieve the cramping.As for the 3 pound gain don't sweat it because its likely just water weight.And by the way how many calories did you go over? 200-300 don't sweat it because you can work that off today.Just up your intensity or your duration of exercise today.You'll get back in the swing of things :flowerforyou:
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Ugh..
    Not feeling good today..

God i feel terrible.

<3
    B
    Even during your period you should try to push through the cramping and exercise because it will help relieve the cramping.As for the 3 pound gain don't sweat it because its likely just water weight.And by the way how many calories did you go over? 200-300 don't sweat it because you can work that off today.Just up your intensity or your duration of exercise today.You'll get back in the swing of things :flowerforyou:

I went over about.. 265. and thanks. I needed that :)
  • awestfall
    Options
    Ugh..
    Not feeling good today..

God i feel terrible.

<3
    B

I went over about.. 265. and thanks. I needed that :)
    Don't sweat the small stuff just try to work those extra 265 cals off today ok.:flowerforyou:
  • Mette
    Mette Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi all, it's friday and weigh day :

I'm down 1 pound this week from 252 to 251 (should have been 250, but oh well :wink: )

I reached my goal by walking 3 x 30 min. I don't understand how you find the time to walk for 1-2 hours ? I don't have a treadmill and it gets pretty dark at night where I live out in the country, so I don't feel like walking at night. When it starts getting lighter, I'll take my dogs to the beach which is only 4 miles away. :happy:

When I have a fulltime job as a vet - which also means I'm on call, it is a challenge to get the workouts in. What do you do ?

My goal for next week is to get below 250 and get in 3 workouts x 30 min

Have a nice weekend
    Wanning :smile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    weighed in today at 212lbs woot....hey I think someone should make a new thread "week 5" awestfall you here? hehehe
  • awestfall
    Options
    221 for me today
  • awestfall
    Options
    Started a new thread ladies and gentlemen any ideas on a new challenge for this week?
  • jocelynnbug
    jocelynnbug Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    squats i think they are challenging as long as you don't do it half way
  • jocelynnbug
    jocelynnbug Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    if there is a new spot where is it i can't find it someone link it
  • awestfall
    Options
    go to message boards it will say Over 200 week 5 sorry I am not sure how to link it.
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    well, umm, like this... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/47059-over-200-club-week-5-open-group?page=1#posts-502486
    this is where the new thread is at guys
    MFP makes its own links clickable, so you just copy-paste the link from the browser
  • awestfall
    Options
    well, umm, like this... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/47059-over-200-club-week-5-open-group?page=1#posts-502486
    this is where the new thread is at guys
    MFP makes its own links clickable, so you just copy-paste the link from the browser
    Thanks Purr for helping a lady out.I wasn't sure how to do this and you did it for me THANKS AGAIN GIRLIE!!:flowerforyou: