Why ruin a good piece of meat?

Options

Replies

• Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Our staff Christmas party is tomorrow evening and we are having it catered. They are bringing in STEAKS for everyone. I was the one appointed to get everyone's order of how they like their steak cooked. You want to know what most people said???? WELL DONE! OMG! Why ruin a steak by cooking it to death? I like mine RARE baby! Sear that sucker on both sides and let it rip! LOL

HOw do you like your meat?

Medium Rare. I used to be one of those well done people, but gradually came down from Well Done, to Medium Well, to Medium and now Medium rare.

Edited to add that last night I cut small strips of meat off my grass fed ribeye and ate it completely raw. It was room temperature from sitting on the counter to thaw all day.
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    no pink at all!!!!!
  • 1FitMom326
    Options
    I am definitely in agreeance, don't ruin a good piece of meat! :happy:
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Rare, My husband likes it well done. Gross.. I agree, why would you do that?!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    medium rare to medium. I like it just a little pink and juicy.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Still attached to the living, thriving animal it belongs to.
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Rare to medium rare for sure...anything more and I won't eat it....
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Rare. And I've told people that if they come over and we're having steak, if they ask for well done, I will put a belt on their plate. Medium is ok, but after that there is no flavor left... and it's way too chewy. Blergh...
  • judykritikos
    Options
    Pink and juicy. My mom in law? Like a shoe. What a shame. What a WASTE of good beef.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I like it blue.. that is just a bit more raw than rare.. i actually dont mind it completely raw, but I perfer it to have a nice sear on the outside.. and I like it seasoned with only salt and pepper
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    No hint of "moo" is allowed on my steak.

Whenever I order steak, I tell them to burn it. "Well done, then?" they ask.

"No," I reply. "Burn it. When you think it's well done, cook it a little more than that."

Even a hint of pink and I just can't handle it.
    THIS.
    If anyone wants to eat steaks raw (anything less than med-well, I can't handle), that's fine -- everyone is entitled to eat it the way they like.
    I like just a hint of 'crust' around the edges of the steak.
    Pls cook my hamburgers the same way: No pink in the middle.
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I love to stab my cow as it moooo s across my plate :) very rare
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Rare to medium rare depending on the type of steak. One of my best friends does it well done and I always offer him a nice tire to chew on. It needs to be juicy and yummy:love:
  • cfergy
    cfergy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    medium rare definitely
  • MaggieMay131
    MaggieMay131 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Definitely with you, why would you ruin a delicious steak by cooking the hell out of it??? I usually go for medium rare these days; I used to order medium but I feel like that never left enough pink. I definitely grossed out my giflriends over the weekend by getting too excited about how pink the meat I ordered was :p
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Our staff Christmas party is tomorrow evening and we are having it catered. They are bringing in STEAKS for everyone. I was the one appointed to get everyone's order of how they like their steak cooked. You want to know what most people said???? WELL DONE! OMG! Why ruin a steak by cooking it to death? I like mine RARE baby! Sear that sucker on both sides and let it rip! LOL

HOw do you like your meat?

Steak for the Christmas party--I wanna work where you work!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't like it when it's still bleeding...so, medium to medium well
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I like my meat rubbed.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Medium to well done.

There can't be any pink in it but neither does it have to be burned to ashes.