Are you going to log Christmas day?

Options

Replies

• aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I log everything. I'm doing great and I don't want to fall into bad habits again. I'll still eat what I want but whatever I eat will be logged.
  • jsteffen80
    Options
    I will continue to log it all. Even if I hit 5000 calories like I did on Thanksgiving.

Better the devil you know...
  • madamchoochoo
    madamchoochoo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i'm going to log in and try to log, mainly because it'll stop me demolishing a whole pot of pringles! That said i fully intend to enjoy myself!!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I log everything all the time. Even if I go 500-800 calories over, I log. I like to have it to look back on.
  • Ashley4522
    Options
    Of course I will. I don't see how NOT logging makes you ENJOY food. Logging makes you accountable and the mindset that when you don't log/know what you're eating can be the reason we need fitness after all. I would love to turn a blind eye to what I eat on xmas but for me fitness is a constant battle- oh how I wish it wasn't! Happy holidays!
  • Rosbrook1985
    Rosbrook1985 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yes i'll be logging.

What I will not be doing is giving a fegg about what I eat. Day off eating whatever i like BUT i want to log it all. All the damage, all the booze and all the cheesecake. Then the week after I'm going to work that whole big fat red number (and it will be mahoosive) off.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Yes. Logging is part of my daily routine and I plan to log Christmas as well. I don't stress about going over, and I won't over the holidays, but if I'm not going to be accountable every day for what I eat, why bother? For me this is a life long change, so I have to be accountable every single day.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I don't like any aspect of Christmas dinner, so I'm just trying to figure out what to eat. I always leave family gathering early because I am hungry and want food. I always get yelled at for it.
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    For me yes I will Christmas day, that day is reserved for just me, my husband and my boys- its Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas that I HAVE to worry about! 2 family get togethers- and the one on the 26th WE HAVE NOTHING BUT JUNK, JUNK AND MORE JUNK! THAT will be the day I will not log! As far as Christmas Eve- yes I can eat small portions of things and still be good. Just staying away from ham- too much sodium! Merry Christmas everyone!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Well, I will probably have 2 little kids excited to start the day, oh, guessing about 3 AM. No, won't log a thing!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I log every day. Christmas will be no different. (except I'll probably be way over in calories)
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    No. Not logging christmas eve or boxing day either. I'll try to not overeat but I'll too busy spending time with my family to log
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    most likely not. ha ha
  • mauigyrl
    mauigyrl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yes!! So I know how much I consumed. No sense burying your head in the sand. Besides I may feel guilty and decide to burn half of it anyhow. I think I would stop at the 4000 calorie ballpark. If that don't satisfy me nothing wont.
  • 13hirteen
    13hirteen Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I definitely will.

I also have it pencilled in for a cycle/run phase of triathlon training to take advantage of the empty streets.
    It's going to rock so hard. :)
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    heck yes!
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Never eat much Christmas day ...its boxing day ...i tend to go hay wire lol ! Guess thats when i am more relaxed and pick at every thing .
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Probably not. I will try to make good choices and drink mostly water, and since I will be weighing in before we go out for the day, I'll have the rest of the week to make up any 'badness' I encounter :D
  • bullet1
    Options
    I plan to log, will eat and drink what I want, but I will be logging it all.
  • Munque
    Munque Posts: 123
    Options
    I'm not logging on Christmas, I don't go crazy with dinner, because I'm a vegetarian so salty ham isn't an issue for me, and I get full pretty quickly, but I intend on snacking during the day and taste while I cook too, and if I log, I'll be more inclined to not snack, I'm very motivated and the "set your mind to it" kind of person, and I will not enjoy myself as much if I have to see what I've taken in. And I will work out extra the following weeks, because I know I'll have to, and that's ok with me, but if I see it, I won't do it, and I want to eat... lots.... of .... food.

Did the same thing with Thanksgiving and never gained a pound, actually continued to lose weight, so it works for me. The way I see it is it is a lifestyle change for me, and my lifestyle includes holidays and birthdays and what not and if I can't just forget the diet for a day, and then get right back on track, then I won't stick to it at all. I've decided that for me, it's ok to have these days, and that helps me get through all the other days that I have to maintain my motivation and stick to the rules I have set for myself.