Are you going to log Christmas day?

Options

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    If I did my computer would probably explode.

Holidays are freebies in my book. Ill be too drunk to log correctly anyways :)
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Yes most definately. If only to realise what I do eat .

Me too!
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Nah,besides I'll be too wasted to even care.

Cheers!
  • Murlin54
    Murlin54 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    doubtful. It will take me away from enjoying my family time. I will try to be a bit careful with what I eat but I'm not gonna be a saint.
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I will log in and log my foods as best I can. I won't stress about it and I won't work out. I need to be accountable to me -- and as others have said, for me it is a very slippery slope. I will enjoy the holiday and my friends, have no doubt about that! Merry Christmas to all who celebrate the day!
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Yes and I will do my best to stay around the calories Im allotted. I may go over by a couple hundred cals, but Im not really planning on fixing much and I have no plans to eat anywhere else..... soooo there wont be much temptation to overeat. Thats what Thanksgiving was for and Im STILL paying for that one! :grumble: :noway:
  • size08
    size08 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I intent to detox take advantage of the holidays go swimming training and I'd better see a result. Can't see my landlord inviting me over for Christmas dinner... Nothing's been said. But will my landlords buy me a box of chocolates this year like every Christmas?

:drinker:
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    I'll probably try. Odds are most of it will be estimates though. Since I won't be weighing anything. Also probably will be completely screwed up since I may end up being awake 24 hours. I'm working the overnight shift at work that day. So we'll see how it goes.
  • tannerjared
    tannerjared Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I absolutely am. My thought is "If you can't deal with the calories in that item, then you shouldn't eat it." I am trying to change a lifestyle so i want to get used to eating the same. I want to feed my body what it needs, not always what it wants.
  • Bethgausden
    Options
    Yes, I joined here today but I'm sure I'll become addicted. Hopefully it won't increase self loathing but show me how strict I'll have to be in the week following (except boxing day treats) to get rid of what I'll have gained
  • BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You'd better believe it. I still plan on losing my normal amount during the last week of the year so I can enter the new year feeling proud. So that means counting everything on Christmas and probably some long workout sessions. It will be so worth it to be one of the only people I know who doesn't gain weight over the holidays this year.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I will absolutely log christmas! It's a special day in that I'll be eating at my family's but I will be portioning and trying to keep myself on track.
  • jody2807
    jody2807 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I will be logging also , I am interested to see what the intake will be and it will most likely not be that accurate as a few drinks are called for Xmas day after all it is celebration with family and friends , Although i will be trying to fit in as much exercise as possible leading up to the day , and then again afterwards ,

I hope you all enjoy your Xmas day log in but dont worry if not 100 % accurate :wink:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have only read the first 4 pages of replies, but the reasons I don't think I will (I might, but probably not) are firstly, that I am maintaining, not looking to lose, so it isn't knocking me off track or cheating myself if I don't log. I only DO log out of curiosity these days, secondly I want to enjoy the day without having to think about it. I think always worrying about calories can get quite miserable, for me at least, and thirdly, because I am consistently 1-2000 cals below my weekly target despite aiming to maintain (and have been for the past 3 months), so by my reckoning I have built up around 12000 cals in deficit in that time, and not even I can eat that many on one day! This isn't a lifestyle change for me, I have always eaten healthily. The only major change I have made since joining MFP is adding exercise and upping my protein a bit.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Haven't decided yet since I'm still not sure what we are doing on Christmas day other than morning worship service at church.
  • caitylynn62
    caitylynn62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    On Christmas day I don't do much besides go to church and lounge around all day. I eat Christmas dinner with just my family. On Christmas eve, however, I will probobly not log because that is when I go to a family party and eat lots of food and such. Happy Christmas:)
  • allaboutaleah
    Options
    yep, I am, but i'm not gonna be concerned w/ the calories. just gonna log for my own record. & bcuz I like to see me days logged continue to increase...lol
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    For sure!
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    I will log as much as I can :smile:
  • bwilliams93
    bwilliams93 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    im going to log in and try to keep my intake around 2000 and not really count calories but just keep portions in mind