Are you going to log Christmas day?

Options

Replies

• christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna log and I'm not going to overly restrict...I don't plan on eating a whole pie, just enjoying dinner and the day. That night we are gonna go out dancing so I figure that will help torch those calories.
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    completely agree! I found that on Thanksgiving...knowing that I was going to log in my food kept me from overindulging. I ate everything that was there, just in moderation.
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yep... and am also not going to shame myself if I go over... because I am excited to enjoy some home cooking and homemade treats
    Life/ health is all about balance... if most of the days are awesome nutrient wise.. then sure enough you are able to enjoy a few days a year on the other side of the spectrum!
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    No. and I am not going to hold back either. Its one day and Ive far exceeded my weight goal and by that time will be starting to bulk, so perfect timing.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Yes, that doesn't mean I am going to be under my calorie goal though. I always log. I don't have a iPhone so on vacations I take notes and log after the fact. Sometimes you lose after a high calorie day but how would you know if you don't log it in. Doesn't make sense to me to not log those as well. I hope to stay under maintenance calories that day though. Christmas Eve is the day I make a buffet dinner for my whole family and I make my traditional dishes but then I burn so many calories cooking/cleaning that I don't need to worry. Christmas day is harder since I don't usually get exercise or cook and clean as much since it is usually at my sisters house. Still logging it though. I may log ahead a bit to make it easier.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    No, I will be too busy cooking and enjoying time with my family to log all my meals.
  • lougru
    lougru Posts: 55
    Options
    i was actually thinking about this earlier....id like to say yes but unfortunately i'll probably be face deep in sherry trifle by midday and i think the combination of alcohol and food coma will probably prevent me from doing so!
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Of course. It is another day. I am sure I will go over my calories seeing as I am having crab legs with butter and cheesy biscuits for dinner alone, but I would rather see those calories there than not seeing as I have been honest in my logging all this time.
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Nope. I have blown it at the end of this year and my goal is not to gain. No more losses for me.
  • crisnis
    crisnis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Gosh it would suck to enter every recipe for everything I cook to know what my calories actually are... Think I might guesstimate or use a generic item entry already in the system, but I'll probably log... I fully plan that I'll be over my calories that day, but I'm still going to watch my portions - I always hated feeling so full I was sick anyhow :)
  • w8sarge
    w8sarge Posts: 3,867 Member
    Options
    Yes! Logging helps me make better choices BEFORE the big meals...like carrot sticks and a lo-cal cheese stick for lunch before the rich dinner. I will probably go over calories, but not by as much as if I started eating cookies and pie at breakfast 'cuz that day doesn't count!!:happy:
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    yup. I'll at least log breakfast/lunch. May not make it for dinner.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    No Way!

Just know it'll be around 10,000 calories, and I'll be 2 weeks recovering.
  • norma67
    norma67 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    yup going to log the entire Christmas trip
    10 days at my mother's for the holidays
    and man can she cook lol
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I plan to - the way the day is looking for me now, i will not have time to eat much! so i may as well! save not logging for like New Year's Eve when i dont want to know how many calories i eat/drink...lol
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    I'll log, not so much to calorie count but more so I am aware of what I am eating and not being oblivious to it. My mum does amazing homemade Christmas dinners and I plan to enjoy the day. Not going to pretend I didn't eat certain things that I most definitely did, but watching the calories sky rocket will hopefully keep me in check from over-indulging on those candy canes and chocolates on the tree! Besides everyone deserves a treat day once in a while so might as well make it Christmas!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • Fitfaery
    Fitfaery Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I'm not going to miss out on something I like. I'll just work harder before and after to make up for it.

Merry Christmas x
  • Arccelian
    Arccelian Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    log christmas? Bwahahahahahaha, lets say I eat 3500 calories over my maintenance, that's 5700 kcal's and I still will only add 1 pound... nono, I am not pulling my iphone out of my vest at the dinnertable to evaluate the hard work of my hosts, not happening.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I hope to, but Christmas for us is mostly just a regular day with an extra dessert. Breakfast will be normal, tea will be normal, dinner is just a regular roast but we'll have either individual Christmas pudding or a slice of apple pie. Hopefully I'll get some exercise in and I can't drink anything with lunch because I have to drive my mum home later in the day.