Are you going to log Christmas day?

Options

Replies

• Sandrakeesee
    Options
    I will log in. I don't want to lose my perfect attenance, but will probably just punch in a bunch of calories & give myself a cheat day. Merry Christmas to me!!! Hehehe
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Nope. I will still watch my calorie intake and portion control, but there are some goodies that I only get this time a year anyways. This is a day to spend with my family and friends I dont always see often, and I dont want my attention to be in a computer hunting down calories. Plus... on the holidays we get up and do some JUST DANCE on the Wii, and if Santa is nice this year, the Blackeyed Peas expierence!
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Holidays are going to be tricky for me. I'm visiting my mom, and so I won't really be doing much cooking. When I get there, I am going to try to do a mini-shopping trip so I can feed myself in a relatively healthy way for most of my visit, but the actual day? Not sure!
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Guess it depends on how fast things move through the digestive tract that day
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I always log everything, even when I go over massively.
  • jmgcummins
    jmgcummins Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I will as best I can. Even if it's just an estimate for some of the treats. I'm going to eat sensible portions of the things I like, but not go back for extras. There are a few desserts I always have, but I'm going to make the day about family fun, and not focus on the food.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    not sure yet. but what i do plan on doing is eating very light the few days before (lower my calories by about 150) and then light the few days after. shoudl all even out. it shoudl work as a zig zag. high calories one day is not necessarily a bad thing.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I will try. For xmas dinner we're having filet mignon (which is a pretty good portion control in and of itself) and booze. Gotta love the booze.

Not sure how accurate it will be, but it will give me a nice break from being so Type A about measuring calories obsessively like I do everyday now!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Not likely. I may quick add about 4000 calories and be done with it or I may not even pretend. We'll see:)
    HAHA. This! It will be too difficult. It will all be homemade stuff. No idea what calculations of ingredients will be in things, or my portion. I won't be whipping out the scale in front of the family. I MAY try and guessimate, but it will be tough, stressful, and probably not worth it.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I will be logging my calories as usual. But I will not be eating clean or within my calorie goal.
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hell no.

That's silly.

If I looked like that I wouldn't either..hahaha !!! but since I don't YET, I will log it.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Most definitely. It won't be any different than any other day for me in terms of eating and exercising....
  • stephanie_salvi
    Options
    Gotta give yourself room to enjoy life. I didn't log on Thanksgiving. I won't log Christmas either. I will, however, log New Year's Eve. I don't want freebie days to be too close together.
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am planning to. Breakfast will be easy, I will be busy cooking and getting the house ready for the second group of family so lunch will probably be a protein bar but dinner will not be easy to log, most of what I will have is homemade. I guess I will do a quick calorie add and estimate what I will be eating. If I go over my calories I will not worry about it or beat myself up over it. One day is not going to kill me, I have gone over before and was fine.
  • StephFork
    StephFork Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I will but like most of you said.. I won't be worrying about staying under my normal 1200 calories. We start off Christmas with pigs in the blanket and mimosas in my family! :)
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I would, Christmas is a reg day for me.... I have no children as yet to make to make that day special, or exciting. I would wake up n still work out.
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I will - but I'm not going to focus on every little calorie. I plan to use Christmas Day as a cheat day - I'll let myself enjoy the foods I like, without going crazy and overeating. But I'm going to log everything so that I have a realistic idea of how much I put into my body, just to hold myself accountable and keep myself informed. It might help me get back on track afterwards, too, instead of using that day as a slippery slope to eating poorly a few days later.

Exactly what I was thinking. I logged Thanksgiving too as best I could.
  • AnnaK812
    AnnaK812 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I always log everything, even when I go over massively.

That's the way to do it- then it reminds me the rest of the week how much I over did it and how hard I have to work to make up for it!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Absolutely .
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not gonna freak out about it but I want to log because I have found I tend to make better decisions if I have to log them where others can see and judge. I won't freak out about going over but I am hoping not to over do it too bad, I want to be able to have "cheat days" without undoing a week or more worth of work.