6-pack abs on women?

Options

Replies

• timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy with a 2 pack right now... but if I had my way, i would so go for a 6 pack
  • kerri007
    kerri007 Posts: 123
    Options
    i would love a six pack alot of work is involved. i will get there one day. i was a nice v tapper not a thick middle
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I much prefer a flat tummy, not that I'll ever get one with my post baby stretch marks/extra skin.

I don't think abs especially full 6 pack ones are at all healthy for women. Too achieve it you have to have a BF below the optimum range. It's also not very feminine. Women may find a 6 pack hot on another woman, but I don't know any men (in RL) who find it a turn on.
  • Ruthaw1961
    Ruthaw1961 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm going for functional abs that make me a better athlete
    Love this!!! So right!!!
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Genetics play a big role in that. I get defined abs really easily and I like what I've got. I know not everyone is gonna like the lean look but I like working out way too much to stop just so I can look "softer". :)
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I am certainly aiming for the six pack!! I have the flat tummy and not satisfied :( I feel like I will look sickly by the time my body fat is that low >.< Not everyone's cup of tea! But I personally love it:] Shows hard work and dedication!

One of my idols:
    Samantha Baker

29511_118440024850234_100000527114911_190335_4503186_n.jpg

I'm thinking her abs (as awesome as they are) are probably airbrushed a little to add depth for the photo, like they did in the movie 300. Still look awesome though.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I want a 6 pack and don't give 2 sh!ts about whether anyone else thinks it's sexy or not.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Something in between flat and a six pack! Maybe a 2 or 4 pack. haha

I don't like super-lean abs where you can see each of the individual abdominal muscles. But, I don't want a skinny, flat, shapeless stomach either. So yeah... something in between - nice muscles, but with a layer of fat to keep me looking softer and more feminine.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Either way, but I won't be able to get either without surgery...
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I should add, I had a 4 pack throughout my teens/early to mid 2s, and I never much liked it.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    So today I was working with my trainer and he asked me “if I wanted to develop 6-pack abs”…I said “yes, isn’t everyone?” He told me that most of his female clients just want a flat tummy. I was shocked!!! I think well defined muscles are beautiful on the female body and don’t see that they would ever diminish my femininity.

So ladies, which would you prefer…a flat tummy or a 6-pack?

Flat,6 pack is not for me
  • WhitneyJerome
    WhitneyJerome Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I hear a lot of people saying definition I think this is what I meant by six pack. I don't want the bulging muscles but I do want just enough definition that you can barley see them. That seems like a good middle ground for me. Just kind of a goal to work toward so I don't get to my goal and start slacking or stop working out all together.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I do not think I want a 6 pack, I want my body fat to be 18% so it's a bit too high to see abs
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    6-packs take a definite level of dedication to accomplish and maintain. If that lifestyle made it where she didn't want to go out, have fun, eat like a King every now and then, or enjoy life, then I'll pass. Life is too short to obsess about our looks and live in the gym.

On the other hand, if she can enjoy life and have the abs, then hellz yah!!!

I have seen your legs...it's the same commitment. if you can have those legs and still enjoy life, she can have a 6-pack and do the same!
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I'll just be happy with a flat tummy, or something resembling it...course then I'm OLD!!!
  • Pams_Shadow
    Pams_Shadow Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Definitely in the 6-pack group!
  • AshleyAmmerman
    Options
    Personally.. I want a flat tummy. Possibly when I reach my goal I'll shoot for a mini six pack. Meaning I don't want a full on one like men get. I want defined muscles but I still want that "girly slim body" vs a bulky body.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I am certainly aiming for the six pack!! I have the flat tummy and not satisfied :( I feel like I will look sickly by the time my body fat is that low >.< Not everyone's cup of tea! But I personally love it:] Shows hard work and dedication!

One of my idols:
    Samantha Baker

I'm thinking her abs (as awesome as they are) are probably airbrushed a little to add depth for the photo, like they did in the movie 300. Still look awesome though.

Oh I know it it airbrushed for the awesome picture :D

Just showing that abs can look good for some, even tho some good lighting and airbrushing always does a body good ;D
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

One of my idols:
    Samantha Baker

Oh I know it it airbrushed for the awesome picture :D

Just showing that abs can look good for some, even tho some good lighting and airbrushing always does a body good ;D

Damn sexy either way!!! Color me jealous. :smile:
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I do not think I want a 6 pack, I want my body fat to be 18% so it's a bit too high to see abs
    I think our goals are so similar. I like just a bit of "softness" for me it's what I feel is feminine on myself.
    Those who want 6 pack abs or have them, that is awesome.

Just not my goal.