6-pack abs on women?

Options

Replies

• jkmurphy06
    jkmurphy06 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I want a 6 pack for sure. I would love to show up on the beach and impress the hell out of my friends. A flat stomach is an acheivement sure, but starving models have flat stomachs. I think it shows true strength and power to have defined abs. I'd love to prove sterotypes about women wrong, especially us little ones. ( I'm 5'3 ) I may be short, but I can kick butt (or at least I'm well on my way.) :)
  • jkmurphy06
    jkmurphy06 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Also to prove the sterotype wrong that 6 pack abs are only acheivable with hormone enhancement I would like to point out my best friend and fellow MFP user Fit_Brit. When we were in college she worked her *kitten* off literally and had the most amazing six pack ever. All of our friends were shocked. Post-college life has been busy and I know her workout routine has been cut back a bit, but she still works hard and has a great body! She was my inspiration for joining this site. :happy:
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    A flat tummy is great but well defined muscles is most definitely my preference. I don't ever think "bulky" because I've seen a lot of women with sexy muscle definition but none that look bulky.
  • MissNothing130
    Options
    I don't think I would ever want a true six pack. I, personally, don't find it that attractive so I'm aiming more for slightly defined rather than proper muscles. But whatever floats your boat! If you like it, go for it.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I do not like muscles showing on women at all. Just not a look I find attractive. To be honest I'm not a fan of muscles on men either, so...
  • georg1aaa
    Options
    A flat tummy with slightly defined muscles so that you can tell I worked for it, not huge abs though, gross
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I am all about not even a flat tummy, curvaceous womanly shapes, like 50's pin ups. Soft, round, Shapely
    but I would like to add I am an hourglass so this is to me the most attractive for my figure, if I was less of an hourglass and not *kitten* curvy (haha I meant as but thats funny and kind of right so I am leaving it) then I would probably want more defined muscle, wrapped in a nice little athletic package.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I hate a 6 pack on a lady - would not want to touch them.

Too manly...lol

Grow a beard too...
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I've never had a six pack, but I have had a flat tummy, and if that is all I can get i'll take it. But yes I want a six pack.
  • Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yuck, yuck, yuck! I'd prefer to just have a flat stomach with perhaps slight definition on the sides going vertically (if that made any sense). But that is my preference, and if you want a 6 pack girl, you go for it!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Because it's a little more rare to see an asian women with abs

mayMaungAbs.jpg

If this pics isn't allowed, please delete it. It's next to impossble to find a good example
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Because I have an hour glass figure, I wouldn't get fully visible six pack without dropping to an extremely unhealthy body fat %, although I'm down to a 26" waist and have very little body fat to my upper body, my stomach is still rounded.

Even when I used to lift heavy in my early 20s, with well defined muscle and a bodyweight of only 86lb, I still didn't have a visible six pack, so now I'm approaching 50 I doubt it's viable.

Love the idea of it though. :smile:
  • LovelyMumOf2
    Options
    I wouldn't want them... I mean I see extremely muscular women and it is frightening to me not pretty but different strokes for different folks I suppose I just want a flat stomach and slight ab creasing on my sides... but no definition :)
    this
    a little definition would be fine but i dont want a full 6 pack or to be really muscular. some women look really good with a simple 6 pack, and then there are the people who take it too far (in my opinion) and look creepy because their thighs or arms are bigger then my freaking head! (i know you were talking about abs not thighs but still)

i just want the delicate look. not the "i spend eternity at the gym" look
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    As a man, I am attracted to both a softer flat stomach and a ripped stomach. It depends on my mood.

The key for a six-pack is to focus on the 4 key core areas; upper-abs, lower-abs, obliques, and lower back.

Use resistance so that muscle failure happens between 10-12 reps just like any other muscle group. My favorite exercise is decline bench, weighted leg raises.
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    flat, firm, taught... no need for 6 on me.
  • GiygasDestroyer
    GiygasDestroyer Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I want to be somewhere between soft and OMG! Its the best way for me to describe it, so a 6 pack is fine with me.
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    It depends on the woman and the rest of her physique. The girl from Bodyrock, for instance, pulls it off, but just barely. Her body is almost TOO much.

I agree. I love Zuzana, but sometimes I think she overdid it with the muscles. I've never been interested in having a 6-pack, so I probably won't go for that. But I would like to have a flat, toned core.
  • tjpinch
    tjpinch Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'd love a 6-pack, but I've had two c-sections and I'll take what I can get
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    I've got the 4, the 6 show up when I'm eating clean...which is rarely. BUT, it's not like I pull my shirt off and have bulging muscles. I can flex and they are there, but otherwise I'm just flat.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    My favorite exercise is decline bench, weighted leg raises.

I get it all in the hip flexors when I do this. Advice?