6-pack abs on women?

Options

Replies

• DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I ran into a handful down in Toronto this summer (see ticker) and they were drivin me loco.

I don't think I've encountered that ripped of a female in real life, cept for that occasion.

Loco.
  • december8teen
    Options
    Flat tummy :) Abs are great, but I just don't think they suit me. Personal preference here. :)
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    If I can have a 6 pack I would. Wouldn't that mean I would need 10% body fat?

10-12% is essential fat so not that low!

Depends on a woman's genetics really. 14-18% usually for abs

I'm in "essential" range and when I eat well I have a 6 pack. But when I slack off, only 4.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I hate a 6 pack on a lady - would not want to touch them.

Too manly...lol

Grow a beard too...
    Rude...

At least we know now what we have to do to keep his hands off of us. *drops to the floor and starts doing crunches furiously*
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I used to have a 6pack after my third baby. I was very toned and not "manly" looking at all. I WILL get them back.
  • Angel1029
    Options
    I love my 6pack and I worked my butt off for it too! Disciple of clean eating and working out consistently...they are there to stay!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am trying to reveal some abs, but I am not sure it is possible for me, genetically.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Not a lady, but I'll answer my preference: flat tummy only! I can't stand the sight of defined hard abs on a woman.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Not like... crazy defined and popping out to the point I look like a ninja turtle.

I'd say I'd want them along the lines of Rachel Robinson from Road Rules.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I'd take either. However since my body stores all it's fat in it's thighs, in order to get trim thighs, I'll probably end up with a 6-pack or close to that.

I'm right there with you! Legs carry my weight >.<

This is me too. My tummy is flat, but I keep going so I can get rid of the thighs. FOREVER!

ETA: plus, I think 6 pack abs on women are HOT!
  • MickeyEstes
    MickeyEstes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'll take either one :) I'm just tired of looking pregnant ;)
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I think defined abs are fine, but a hardcore 6-pack doesn't look nice on women.. or men, IMO.

For example, this is fine abs-woman-fit-400x400.jpg.

But I don't care for this type of look: women+abs.jpg

Really though, that's just my personal opinion, and someone wants to look that way I don't think it would make them unattractive per se, I just think one looks better over the other.
  • KariePerez
    Options
    Inbetween I think a full blown 6-pack on a woman is a little too much and while just a flat tummy is very nice a lil bit of muscle there is more sexy!!! Just my Opinion
  • ingfit
    ingfit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Just not having a muffin top/spare tire is my goal, I'll worry about a six pack later. But knowing me, I won't want to spend that much time on working towards it, got other things that are more important to me than that.

I totally agree with this. You would have to have such low body fat to achieve a six pack that it would have to consume a big chunk of your life achieving it. But flat tummy would be great!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    No please...

I mean, I think they look great - but you've got to understand: what will men have left then?
    Please don't force us to have to go for the 8-pack to impress... =(
  • Clinno
    Clinno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    As a man, I find flat more attractive, maybe subtle abs showing
  • abitzan
    abitzan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    all depends on what you feel comfortable with. I am a flat tummy kinda gal because I like curves. So does my husband. Though I do admit my curves now are a little extreme.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Sexy. A female with a 6 pack is obviously concerned with fitness and that's what I personally look for in a female.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lovefunmotion
    Options
    While I would definitely prefer a 6-pack to what I have now.. I'm not aiming for it. I'm just aiming for a flatter stomach. Personally I don't like the look and I'm never going to be wearing anything that shows my stomach (I have stretch marks that must be hidden) so the 6 pack would wind up hidden 24/7 so it'd be a waste.
  • bbkohn
    bbkohn Posts: 29
    Options
    I dont want the "body-builder abs" but i'd love some light definition.