Options

Replies

• Alishia_655
    Options
    These are my puppies. =)

i563hu.jpg

The black one is Zera. She is the kids' dog
    The light brown one is Sadie. She is my mother in law's dog
    The husky/shepherd mix is Bandit. He is my dog. I have had him since he was 4 weeks old, he makes me laugh =)
  • pixardad
    pixardad Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have a wonderful dog and 4 awesome cats. What make me love them so much is the *unconditional* love they have. Doesn't matter if I'm depressed, fat, sad, angry, happy, insane, whatever...they love me.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I love my dogs because I've trained over 1500 dogs, and their owners. That'll make anyone love their own dogs!!!

007.jpg
    8_13_08010.jpg
    08_12_08.jpg
    Snowtrip181.jpg
    AAAmygirls2-1.jpg

Gorgeous. Belgian Malinois, yes?
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I love my dogs because I've trained over 1500 dogs, and their owners. That'll make anyone love their own dogs!!!

Yes, 2 Belgian Malinois', and a Dutch Shepherd.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    We'll see if this works from a facebook photo.
    298623_2403587803653_1069857529_2790654_1106659494_a.jpg

I leave the house for five minutes and when I come back she acts like she hasn't seen me in years, runs around in circles and jumps and barks. She sleeps curled up in a tight ball right on my hip. She's always so happy and expressive, she is an absolute nut case, but that makes her fun.

OP - I had to post since I have a yorkie too.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I have 4 dogs.... 2 boxers, a basset (my boy Fred in my picture) and a mutt. They are all my "kids", and they're my world, along with my hubby :) The moment you have that first bonding moment with them, that's it. I'm done. I'm such a softie when it comes to animals, and I would probably have 20-30 dogs. It's bad ;)
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    My dog is my picture. I love her because she loves me! I was at school today for 17 hours and when I came home she couldn't sit still for me to pet her because she was so happy to see me. She is currently laying on the couch with me with her head in my lap. She always knows when I need extra love and also when to stay out of my way (aka first thing in the morning before I've had my coffee!!). She is the most recent in a series of rescue APBTs and I've loved each and everyone!!
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Here are my boys, photo-ready for Christmas xmasDSC00060.jpg
  • parys1
    Options

They look ready for anything. Are they working dogs?

I love seeing everyone's dogs on here. I really miss mine.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,698 Member
    Options
    IMO, many dog owners love their dogs because dogs don't discriminate. They will always be loving regardless if big, small, fat, skinny, gay, straight, etc. Unlike humans, even if you're having a bad day and are acting like an *kitten*, they will still come up and wag that tail with love. This is probably the reason why many a dog owner will spend more money on their dog's health and well being rather than their own.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Cuz he's an adorable goof, very protective and distrustful of strangers, and he's a best buds with my son!

CarterScooby101411.jpg

DSC03317.jpg

DSC03321.jpg
  • AZTrailRunner
    Options

Yes. Search & Rescue, Human Remains and Narcotics detection.
  • AZTrailRunner
    Options
    Cuz he's an adorable goof, very protective and distrustful of strangers, and he's a best buds with my son!

CarterScooby101411.jpg

Mastiffs are so awesome with families. Natural guardians! Love the pics, man!!!
  • AZTrailRunner
    Options
    IMO, many dog owners love their dogs because dogs don't discriminate. They will always be loving regardless if big, small, fat, skinny, gay, straight, etc. Unlike humans, even if you're having a bad day and are acting like an *kitten*, they will still come up and wag that tail with love. This is probably the reason why many a dog owner will spend more money on their dog's health and well being rather than their own.

Lock your dog in the trunk of one car, and lock your spouse in the trunk of another. Come back an hour later and let them out. See which one is happy to see you. :laugh:
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I love that my dog starts out sleeping at my feet to warm them, then moves up to my butt by the time I wake up. I also love the fact that he stays in exactly the same spot when I get up in the middle of the night to pee, and I can just slip myself around him into the same comfy position I was in before :heart:

Mine is a Yorkie too, except he was the pick of the litter (full blooded), so he's like 9.6#!! He is so cute when I keep him groomed. Our groomer knows just how to make me love my doggie even more with a number seven in reverse, shaved around his "area", and a short teddy bear face. :love:
  • parys1
    Options

Yes. Search & Rescue, Human Remains and Narcotics detection.

That's fantastic. I knew a few malinois in S & R (not that I worked with them, they came into the clinic I used to work at)
    All the pics on here are great. They sure make my miss my buddy, though.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I have a cat! I think it's all about their personalities and noticing those odd little habits they have. My cat will use his claws like fingers to grab me, while being careful not to stick his claws into my skin.

Jqe2y.jpg
    71zJp.jpg
    Ig1LY.jpg
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    Lock your dog in the trunk of one car, and lock your spouse in the trunk of another. Come back an hour later and let them out. See which one is happy to see you. :laugh:

This made me laugh so hard!!!
  • jessmars
    jessmars Posts: 131
    Options
    my 55 pound golden retriever mix thinks she's a 5 pound lap dog.

So it's not just my dog! My baby boy is 65 pounds but thinks he is tiny enough to sit on laps too!

My 50 pound black lab is the SAME!!!!!!!!!....Plus she takes up a lot of my bed when she decides to sleep with me and then looks at my like Im in HER way when I make her move over a lil
  • jessmars
    jessmars Posts: 131
    Options

CarterScooby101411.jpg

DSC03317.jpg

DSC03321.jpg

FREAKIN ADORABLE...I love how gentle and protective dogs are of their lil buddies...dog and kid are super cute!