I'm that annoying one at the gym who. . . .

Options

Replies

• cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I hate to admit this, but...

I'm the annoying one that glances over at the machine next to me because I'm curious about how fast that person is running/how long they've been running/how many calories they have burned. I swear, it's NOT about judgment! I'm just curious. As soon as I catch myself doing it, I look away in shame, but I'm sure I've been caught.

I would be so annoyed if someone did this to me, and would totally think they were judging me! But I'm not judging, I just can't help my curiosity!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Head bangs/lip sings (I'm fairly sure I don't actually sing).
    Alternately **** talks/kisses my workout partner (i.e. my husband).
    Wears really ratty old gym clothes.
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Blows her nose every five minutes. Carries a box of tissues with her to every machine. Don't worry, I spray everything with the cleaner when I'm done, but man am I snotty when I get my sweat on!
    Also, I sing along. I try to keep it in my head, but sometimes it's out loud. And if you make eye contact with me, I will smile and wave, I don't care who you are.

Lol I'm with you :-D
  • I'm that annoying person at the gym who is constantly looking at your machine to see if I'm doing better than you.
  • phresh21
    phresh21 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I grunt and yell through my last reps when I'm doing heavy lifts. I know this bothers a lot of people, but it seriously helps me press through those last 3 squats.

Agreed, that is so me most day cause my husband puts crazy amounts on somedays and it takes all I have to get thru the last few but I don't care what I sound like at least I'm doing it :)
  • progresseeker2311
    Options
    Oh, and I'm also the one in the ratty thrift-store workout clothes because I really couldn't give a rat's *kitten* what you think about how I look when I'm gettin' my sweat on.

Me too!! satin cap or silk scarf wrapped around my head! hahaha :laugh:
  • LuciLawless
    LuciLawless Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people who spends a lot of time wiping down the machine before I use it because I'm scared of getting other people's sweat on me XD
  • cln714
    cln714 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I'm also the one in the ratty thrift-store workout clothes because I really couldn't give a rat's *kitten* what you think about how I look when I'm gettin' my sweat on.

Me too!!! :)

ME TOO! I was just telling my husband that no one dresses like me at my gym. Seriously, I seem to be the only one that just wears whatever. I think that makes me cool! ;)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm the one who gets annoyed at all the annoying people. The guy who gets way too into the drum solos in whatever music he's listening to. The chatty skinny girls in make up and cute outfits who are there to be seen, not to actually work. The people who never wipe down their machines. The people who have no clue how to work out effectively.

I just want to work without too much distraction and without being grossed out. If I'm on a cardio machine I want to watch tv (generally CNN or Food Network) with my headphones without hearing other people's conversations. I want to be able to focus on what I'm doing. Thankfully, we live too far from the city to have gym memberships. Unfortunately, we have to save up money for a weight machine and maybe a cardio machine...
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Is it a bad sign that I am a myriad of these people.... lets see I am the girl who:

- Mouths the words to my music, especially if motivating
    - air drums the elliptical
    - totally looks around at the other ppl in the gym including the people next to me. Not because I am judging but because I am bored stiff and would rather be running outside
    - is a techie nightmare (like the other person who mentioned it) I am often on call so I have my pager and cell phone ... I try to catch the pager as soon as it goes off but it still annoys me. I get off my machine and answer it outside though
    - the person who has a small timer that beeps ONCE every min for my speed workouts... people give me dirty looks

Oh and to person who farts proudly and person who is euphoric after classes ... LOVE YOU!
    I agree with the eurphoria ... I just wanna tell the world how awesome the class is and I just cant stop smiling!
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i'm not sure i'm really very annoying, i try to stay to myself and i'm very quiet for the most part. i do have a pet peeve of wiping down the equipment both before and after i use it. i got sick after being at my gym for one week (when i first started) and started wiping everything down from then on.
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    While I don't wear makeup I am the annoying one who has lots of workout clothes and loves to wear them to the gym. Mostly because they're comfortable and help me get through the workout. New top? Yes please! :bigsmile:
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm the guy who really needs to workout alone. I'm too competitive to work out around anyone stronger than me, cause it can and has led to injury.

I've always been big and strong, so it's part of my character now. If someone starts lifting heavier than me, they inadvertently challenge me!

I stopped lifting weights this year and traded for a mountain bike. I don't focus on strength anymore, only heart health.

6921816.png
  • debswebby
    Options

Same here...and no makeup either. Who cares what you look like when you're getting your sweat on!

Yep me too. I couldn't give a monkeys what I look like at the gym or who is looking at me
  • TWrecks1968
    TWrecks1968 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Air drumming on the treadmill.
  • debswebby
    Options

Me too!!! :)

ME TOO! I was just telling my husband that no one dresses like me at my gym. Seriously, I seem to be the only one that just wears whatever. I think that makes me cool! ;)

It does make you cool. It shows y ou have nothing to prove and that you're comfortable with who you are. Well, I hope that's the image I give off when I rock up to gym in my CREASED (what's the point of ironing something I'm only going to be wearing for 2 hours?) tatty gym clothes, hair scragged back and no make up :laugh:
  • ashleyrenae253
    Options
    is annoyed by the person who gets on the machine RIGHT NEXT TO YOU when there are 80 other available machines lol
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: to all of these
  • bunny876
    bunny876 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am the one who start dancing so hard on the elliptical when I get excited at my Pandora mix that I fall of the darn thing, and bounce right back up and the same thing happens again. I also text and use apps on my phone when I am warming up and cooling down.
  • heyydanie
    heyydanie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    is annoyed by the person who gets on the machine RIGHT NEXT TO YOU when there are 80 other available machines lol

This! That drives me nuts. I don't like people standing that close to me even when I'm not working out, but when I'm all sweaty and gross and someone is right there I'm like "....REALLY!?"