P90X... starting a new thread...

Options
So anyone using P90X, anyone considering P90X, or anyone with questions about P90X please join in!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    So anyone using P90X, anyone considering P90X, or anyone with questions about P90X please join in!!! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    What is P90X? Here is the info directly from Beachbody.

P90X® Extreme Training System
    Twelve routines that keep introducing new moves and challenging your muscles to get you absolutely ripped in 90 days. With trainer Tony Horton.

Get absolutely ripped in just 90 days with P90X!
    P90X is a revolutionary system of 12 sweat-inducing, muscle-pumping workouts, designed to transform your body from regular to ripped in just 90 days. You'll also receive a 3-phase nutrition plan, supplement options, a detailed fitness guide, a calendar to track your progress, online peer support, and much more. You won't believe your results!

Why is P90X so effective?
    The secret behind the P90X system is an advanced training technique called "Muscle Confusion," which accelerates results by constantly introducing new moves and routines so your body never plateaus, and you never get bored! Whether you want to get lean, bulk up, or just plain get ripped, there's an endless variety of ways to mix and match the routines to keep you motivated.

12 highly intense workouts

Chest & Back
    Plyometrics
    Shoulders & Arms
    Yoga X
    Legs & Back
    Kenpo X
    X Stretch
    Core Synergistics
    Chest, Shoulders & Triceps
    Back & Biceps
    Cardio X
    Ab Ripper X
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Jess for starting a new thread!!!:flowerforyou: I would have done it, but I really don't know how to post the new links, and all that...
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Thank you, Jess for starting a new thread!!!:flowerforyou: I would have done it, but I really don't know how to post the new links, and all that...

No problem! I figured we might get some more people to join in and keep motivated! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
  • msplatts
    Options
    I actually have P90X. I haven't done it in a couple of years but was going to try it tonight. Is there an order for the videos or can you just pick one and go from there? I wasn't sure if you had to do them in order.

Thanks.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I actually have P90X. I haven't done it in a couple of years but was going to try it tonight. Is there an order for the videos or can you just pick one and go from there? I wasn't sure if you had to do them in order.

Thanks.

There are different ways you can use the program. There is the Classic version (my favorite), Lean Version, and Doubles version. I will post them in a few for ya!
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm starting it as soon as we get it in the mail - 5-7 business days. I know I can do the fitness test, but I'm sure I'll be sore from what I've read. I've been doing a circuit class at the gym for 18 months and even though they mix it up, the trainer told me I need to quit that and do something different. P90X will be perfect. I'm going to do it with my husband so he'll drag my butt out of bed in the morning to do it. I can't wait to have it all done before work - then I can run at night if I really feel the urge.
  • MissResa
    Options
    Okay, so I know you've already posted this about a million times:blushing: , but where can you print out the workout lists so you can keep track of reps and weights used? Please don't kick me off the thread for asking another repetitive question:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: !!!
  • stizzef
    Options
    I haven't done the fitness test, but i'm supposed to start the program tonight. Do you really need to do the fitness test???? For one, i dont have a body fat calculator or a heart rate monitor...
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Classic version:

Weeks 1-3

Day 1: Chest & Back + Ab Ripper X (ARX)
    Day 2: Plyometrics
    Day 3: Shoulders & Arms + ARX
    Day 4: Yoga X
    Day 5: Legs & Back + ARX
    Day 6: Kenpo X
    Day 7: Rest or X Stretch

Week 4

Day 1: Yoga X
    Day 2: Core Synergistics
    Day 3: Kenpo X
    Day 4: X Stretch
    Day 5: Core Synergistics
    Day 6: Yoga X

Weeks 5-7

Day 1: Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps + ARX
    Day 3: Back & Biceps + ARX

Week 8

Weeks 9, 11
    Day 1: Chest & Back + Ab Ripper X (ARX)
    Day 3: Shoulders & Arms + ARX

Weeks 10, 12

Week 13

• jessmomof3
    Options
    I haven't done the fitness test, but i'm supposed to start the program tonight. Do you really need to do the fitness test???? For one, i dont have a body fat calculator or a heart rate monitor...

No, you don't have to take the fit test. I would at least see how many pushups and pullups (if any) that you can do, to see improvement!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Okay, so I know you've already posted this about a million times:blushing: , but where can you print out the workout lists so you can keep track of reps and weights used? Please don't kick me off the thread for asking another repetitive question:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: !!!

Hahaha, you crack me up! Thanks for asking, I'll post the link for future reference.

http://www.milliondollarbody.com/pdf/P90XWorkSheet.pdf

Printable worksheets here!
  • Rosebud1956
    Options
    I started the P90 on February 14, 2009. My brother lost 12 pounds and 5 inches doing it in January, so I am giving it a try. It really works you out. Hopefully it will help me out.:smile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Thank you! I'm starting it as soon as we get it in the mail - 5-7 business days. I know I can do the fitness test, but I'm sure I'll be sore from what I've read. I've been doing a circuit class at the gym for 18 months and even though they mix it up, the trainer told me I need to quit that and do something different. P90X will be perfect. I'm going to do it with my husband so he'll drag my butt out of bed in the morning to do it. I can't wait to have it all done before work - then I can run at night if I really feel the urge.

It sounds like you will do great w/ P90X! I am a runner and I managed to fit in the running also. I did one full round of P90X, and then kind of tweaked it to fit in my training. I would either do a 3 mile run + 30 min of Plyo, or if I did a longer run then I would sub it for Plyo and always did my long runs instead of Kenpo on the weekend. Good luck to you & your hubby! It is so fun to work out together. I love to brag about my sweetie, but he has lost 19# and looks incredible thanks to P90X! He's in better shape now at 35 than he was in his 20's!! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I started the P90 on February 14, 2009. My brother lost 12 pounds and 5 inches doing it in January, so I am giving it a try. It really works you out. Hopefully it will help me out.:smile:

Awesome! Great job to your brother! I have my brothers, brothers in law, Mom, and other family members and friends using the program as well! Love it! :heart:
  • MissResa
    Options
    Thanks, Jess, for not giving me the boot!!! Wish me luck, because tomorrow I'm officially on Phase 2 with Classic instead of Lean, and with this cold I'm getting over, I'm afraid I'll be crawling to bed afterwards...
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Lean Version:

Week 1-3

Day 1: Core Synergistics
    Day 2: Cardio X
    Day 3: Shoulders & Arms + Ab Ripper X (ARX)

Week 4

Day 5: Cardio X

Week 5-7

Day 1: Core Synergistics
    Day 3: Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps + Ab Ripper X (ARX)

Week 8

Week 9, 11

Day 1: Chest & Back + ARX
    Day 3: Shoulders & Arms + Ab Ripper X (ARX)

Week 10, 12

Week 13

• jessmomof3
    Options
    Thanks, Jess, for not giving me the boot!!! Wish me luck, because tomorrow I'm officially on Phase 2 with Classic instead of Lean, and with this cold I'm getting over, I'm afraid I'll be crawling to bed afterwards...

I could never give you the boot! :wink: I hope you feel better soon, so you can BRING IT girl! :flowerforyou:
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third week of P90X and am LOVING it. I already see some significant changes and am just thrilled to have found something that actually challenges me. BRING IT!!