P90X... starting a new thread...

Options

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone... Did Kenpo X last night and burned over 500 calories!!! I also got Stretch X out of the way because I have volleyball tonight, and didn't have time to do it today. Plyo tomorrow... Which is soooo tough, but my new favorite!!!

Good job, girl!! :bigsmile: And yes, PlyoX is the *mother* of all P90X workouts! :wink:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Starting week two, lost four pounds. I only weighed myself this week because I wanted to see if the calories I'm eating are right for me, seems like its working. I'm trying to eat 50% protien 30% carbs 20% fat, at least until I finish phase one. My 22 year-old son is also doing P90X, he hasnt weighed himself, is starting his third week and tells me he's lost several inches already. Keep presing play.

Good job!! Sounds like it is working well for you! Good luck to your ds also! Men always lose faster... not fair but true! :tongue:
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone... Did Kenpo X last night and burned over 500 calories!!! I also got Stretch X out of the way because I have volleyball tonight, and didn't have time to do it today. Plyo tomorrow... Which is soooo tough, but my new favorite!!!

Good job! I have Plyo tomorrow too. I did Lean the first round, and I missed out on plyo. I had no idea what I was missing!
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hey Jess
    So you think this program is compatible with running. I don't want to give up my running but could live with 3-4 runs a week including a long run on Saturday. I need something for cross training and for working all the muscles running neglects!! How expensive is it? \
    Bunny
  • littleluvbug
    littleluvbug Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with the idea of taking a "rest" day...I have a lot of weight to lose and I feel like if I miss a day, I'm being lazy! Do you all like the Stretch X or do you think I would benefit from a total rest day more? One week complete!!! Yeah for me!
  • sandy429
    Options
    I'm struggling with the idea of taking a "rest" day...I have a lot of weight to lose and I feel like if I miss a day, I'm being lazy! Do you all like the Stretch X or do you think I would benefit from a total rest day more? One week complete!!! Yeah for me!

Yay for you!! P90X and lazy do not go together, so don't even think such things! I always do the XStretch on my rest days. I feel so energized after, and I think it's important to work out all of the kinks and aches from the week of hard work. It also gets you ready for the next week of hard work. Take the stretch day -- you deserve it! :smile:

If you absolutely feel you must do something, try a nice walk or something light.
  • tracy24
    tracy24 Posts: 188
    Options
    thats good to hear that plyo is the hardest, i did pretty good on it had to catch my breath a couple of times! Went to tae kwon do class right after my workout and my instructor started off with 20 push ups woo doggy i still feel the effects from day one! alittle sore today but i must say i like that feeling!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hey Jess
    So you think this program is compatible with running. I don't want to give up my running but could live with 3-4 runs a week including a long run on Saturday. I need something for cross training and for working all the muscles running neglects!! How expensive is it? \
    Bunny

Hey there! Yep, I was running 3 days a week while doing P90X. I would often either sub in my runs for Plyo & Kenpo & add in a run on Yoga days. The strength training is really what worked well for me and Ab Ripper X!

P90X is $120 but it comes with 12 DVD's, book, nutrition manual, etc. It's WELL worth the money spent!! :bigsmile: Are you back to running now?? YAY!
  • tracy24
    Options
    hey Jess how far do u run on those sub days
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    Day 2 done! omg can anyone say plyo burn! please tell me thats the hardest workout!

That's the hardest workout.:happy:

I agree with you on the carbs thing, it is much easier to eat meat. I think as jess said, if your diet in phase 2 was working you could stick with it. If you do add carbs, make sure they are good carbs. You can buy Carb supplement and drink it or add it to a protein shake.

I would recommend keeping your protein above 150 g per day, and then make up the rest with carbs and around 20% fat. As long as you watch the salt, sugar and processed carbs, you will continue to cut the fat.
  • sandy429
    Options
    PlyoX done! 482 calories burned, and now I'm craving that recovery drink! :happy:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    My P90X is out for delivery today! I can't wait to start! Cabo is 87 days away - I'll be pretty close to finishing it before we go.
  • annhjk
    Options

I would recommend keeping your protein above 150 g per day, and then make up the rest with carbs and around 20% fat. As long as you watch the salt, sugar and processed carbs, you will continue to cut the fat.

That much for women too? I upped my protein today and thought I was doing great at 96 grams. I might actually have to choke down some protein shakes if I need that much.
  • tracy24
    Options
    i love the recovery drink but yesterday after plyo i had to get dinner in because i had to get to tae kwon do class i had turkey burger with a small salad and mixed veggies u think its ok to sub dinner for recovery drink when ur rushed for time
  • RobynSmith
    RobynSmith Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I do best around 50% carb/ 25% fat/ 25% protein (which is what I have my MFP set at). Everyone reacts differently! :wink:

How do you change your settings for this?
  • annhjk
    Options
    I do best around 50% carb/ 25% fat/ 25% protein (which is what I have my MFP set at). Everyone reacts differently! :wink:

How do you change your settings for this?
    and what numbers do you use?
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    In my second week, did chest and back yesterday. Oh Boy is my back sore (I upped my weight a little). Tonight I do plyo and usually the workout helps me forget any soreness. I could really use the Stretch X right now.

I'm amazed how some of you still find the energy to run, do volleyball or other physical activity. When I finish my workout, I'm completely beat. I barely have enough energy to make diner and clean up afterwards. I did up my carbs a little maybe this will help.
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You can change your percentages under the "My Home" tab under Goals. Click on the Change Goals option which will take you to a separate screen and chose "Custom". Save your changes afterward.
  • RobynSmith
    RobynSmith Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can change your percentages under the "My Home" tab under Goals. Click on the Change Goals option which will take you to a separate screen and chose "Custom". Save your changes afterward.

THANK YOU!
  • TheBull50
    TheBull50 Posts: 220
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 :

Same as last week. I did get the chin up bar and I am not ashamed to say I can't do full pull up just yet. I am using a chair. I was wondering , does using the chair make the pull ups less effective?