P90X... starting a new thread...

Options

Replies

• annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I did plyo this morning - now I understand everyone was saying. I thought I was going to throw up after 30 min. all I know is that I'm glad I did circuit at the gym as much as I did because I think it helped since we had done a lot of similar moves - we just had longer breaks and lifted in between sets.

I did AbX last night too. Loved that too. Can't wait to see what the rest of the week brings.
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    2nd Week - I did plyo last night, I had a good workout. The hardest thing of this workout is that the soles of my feet start aching specially during the twists. I have a good pair of shoes and thick socks, I think it's because my flat feet. I'm going to try doubling up my socks next time. I don't know how many calories I burn still waiting to be able to get the heart rate monitor.

I always start my workouts as soon as I get home and change and I must admit there was a little part of me that thought for a split second of just letting it go and sitting down and watching tv. I did workout and is was a hard workout, but I'm glad I did it. I'm a little worried about losing my motiviation though, of letting these feelings take over. I'm focusing on one day at a time, but making enteries in this message board helps me re-committ with the workout and eating clean. Tonight it's shoulders and arms, love this one.
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Dang, that yoga is intense. It's actually pretty cool to think that I'll get to see myself improve as I progress.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    hey guys, today is the start of week 2 for me with doubles on the lean P90x program! took a rest day yesterday and ate pretty much anything i wanted without going overboard. i think for the next time i have an "eat anything within reason" day will be two weeks from now to give me something to look forward to! during month 2 i'm not going to have a cheat day because i'll be going to vegas at the end of the month: that's motivation enough for me to eat clean for four weeks!

within the first 4 days i lost 3.4 pounds, but i gained it back by this morning probably due to muscle gain, and i'm ok with that because i've lost 4 inches! i'm eating my exercise calories, staying away from dairy, drinking tons of water and green tea, and minimizing my salt intake.

working out twice a day (mostly cardio if you're familiar with the lean program) has been great! when i first started working out in 2006, i HATED cardio and loved lifting...it's funny that now, weight lifting is a bear and i love the sweating with cardio! so everything is working out pretty well!

hopefully i'll see some weight loss at the end of this week!

i keep on doing this daily affirmation: I am 20 pounds lighter! :flowerforyou:

hope everyone is doing well! keep pushing play! :drinker: :heart: :bigsmile:

Awesome!!! Funny, i was the opposite. I hated weights and loved cardio... well now I love both! :bigsmile: I'm sure you will see those pounds drop!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Thanks, fjtcjt and Jess! My trainer said she loves P90X, and recommends I start with P90X as well. I'll order today! I need to get the chin-up bar. I have weights. Do I need bands as well?

Looking forward to joining you all soon!

Awesome! It is an awesome program. Great to hear it's recommended by your trainer also! :bigsmile: If you have weights then you won't need the bands. Let me know if you have any questions!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Week 2 started today, I could do more than I could a week ago, so I guess it's working! Tomorrow is plyo....I already have a love/hate relationship with plyo and it's only week 2! :laugh: There's no way I'm going to stop pressing play, only 7 days in and I can see and feel the difference in my body!

Great job!! Each week gets easier, keep at it! Like Tony says in Ab Ripper... I hate it... but I love it! :heart:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    2nd Week - I did plyo last night, I had a good workout. The hardest thing of this workout is that the soles of my feet start aching specially during the twists. I have a good pair of shoes and thick socks, I think it's because my flat feet. I'm going to try doubling up my socks next time. I don't know how many calories I burn still waiting to be able to get the heart rate monitor.

I always start my workouts as soon as I get home and change and I must admit there was a little part of me that thought for a split second of just letting it go and sitting down and watching tv. I did workout and is was a hard workout, but I'm glad I did it. I'm a little worried about losing my motiviation though, of letting these feelings take over. I'm focusing on one day at a time, but making enteries in this message board helps me re-committ with the workout and eating clean. Tonight it's shoulders and arms, love this one.

Good job pushing play! Sometimes just planning ahead helps. Something that might help your feet is to take a large bouncy ball or tennis ball and rub it over the bottoms of your feet (like if you are sitting in a chair, put the ball under your foot and roll it around.

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Back & Biceps + ARX for me this morning. My arms are a bit shaky now. When oh when are corn cob pullups going to get easier?! Kids are getting up, so I'm off for my recovery drink & shower! Have a great day everyone!!

WTG Sandy! Those corn cobs are killer! I do love that shaky feeling after an awesome workout! :heart:
  • tracy24
    tracy24 Posts: 188
    Options
    yeah i find it best to do workout as soon as i get home yoga today! and abx since i missed it yesterday
  • TheBull50
    TheBull50 Posts: 220
    Options
    Quick off Topic Question:

For lunch I am having Chinese with the guys I work with. I went with the following:

Chinese - Chicken and Broccoli, 1.5 cups 300 19 9 31 500 11

Think that is bad?
  • jessmomof3
    Options

For lunch I am having Chinese with the guys I work with. I went with the following:

Think that is bad?

Looks like a pretty good choice. I love chicken & broccoli, it's hard to tell w/ each restaurant though how much added sugar is in the sauce.
  • TheBull50
    Options

Think that is bad?

Looks like a pretty good choice. I love chicken & broccoli, it's hard to tell w/ each restaurant though how much added sugar is in the sauce.

It does stink. I figured I would be good and go with the guys though and attempt to stay healthy in the process. Thanks for your Help Jess.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    It does stink. I figured I would be good and go with the guys though and attempt to stay healthy in the process. Thanks for your Help Jess.

I love Chinese, but the last 2 times I've eaten it I've dealt w/ a horrid migraine the next day (I have problems eating MSG). Even though they say no MSG, I know it's in there! :grumble:
  • TheBull50
    Options

I love Chinese, but the last 2 times I've eaten it I've dealt w/ a horrid migraine the next day (I have problems eating MSG). Even though they say no MSG, I know it's in there! :grumble:

That stinks. Sorry to hear that. The place we go to Steams the vegetables as well !
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Back & Biceps + ARX for me this morning. My arms are a bit shaky now. When oh when are corn cob pullups going to get easier?! Kids are getting up, so I'm off for my recovery drink & shower! Have a great day everyone!!

WTG Sandy! Those corn cobs are killer! I do love that shaky feeling after an awesome workout! :heart:

Thanks, Jess! I can feel the soreness coming on now. I think that strip set at the end did me in. I lifted heavy today -- 10 reps max. So glad I have yoga tomorrow! I can't wait to stretch.
  • sandy429
    Options
    Week 2 started today, I could do more than I could a week ago, so I guess it's working! Tomorrow is plyo....I already have a love/hate relationship with plyo and it's only week 2! :laugh: There's no way I'm going to stop pressing play, only 7 days in and I can see and feel the difference in my body!

Great job!! Each week gets easier, keep at it! Like Tony says in Ab Ripper... I hate it... but I love it! :heart:

That's how I feel about plyo & pullups. I hate them . . . but I love them. :flowerforyou:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Dang, that yoga is intense. It's actually pretty cool to think that I'll get to see myself improve as I progress.

You absolutely will improve as the weeks go on. Before P90X, I had done quite a few yoga DVDs and taken some classes, and YogaX is definitely one of the most intense.

I still struggle with a couple of the postures, specifically half moon & twisting half moon, but it gets better each week (I'm on my 3rd round). Actually, I get to do yoga tomorrow. Yay!! :happy:
  • sandy429
    Options
    I did plyo this morning - now I understand everyone was saying. I thought I was going to throw up after 30 min. all I know is that I'm glad I did circuit at the gym as much as I did because I think it helped since we had done a lot of similar moves - we just had longer breaks and lifted in between sets.

I did AbX last night too. Loved that too. Can't wait to see what the rest of the week brings.

Yay! Congratulations on completing the mother of all X workouts! That is one crazy workout, isn't it? What does Tony say at the beginning -- it's the X in P90X? He wasn't kidding!
  • msplatts
    msplatts Posts: 43
    Options
    I started week 2 last night with chest & back. I moved from doing pushups on my knees to my feet. I haven't done pushups off my knees in years. But I was able to do it. Not sure if I'm doing the diver ones correctly, but I am doin my best & forgettin the rest as Tony says. I'm nervous about tonight (Plyo again). I really did feel sick after last time. Maybe I will be better even during the 2nd week. Hope so. I already feel stronger after one week. Yeh!
  • sandy429
    Options
    I started week 2 last night with chest & back. I moved from doing pushups on my knees to my feet. I haven't done pushups off my knees in years. But I was able to do it. Not sure if I'm doing the diver ones correctly, but I am doin my best & forgettin the rest as Tony says. I'm nervous about tonight (Plyo again). I really did feel sick after last time. Maybe I will be better even during the 2nd week. Hope so. I already feel stronger after one week. Yeh!

It definitely gets easier as you progress. Do make sure that you don't eat before Plyo. I think Tony says at least one hour, but I probably wouldn't eat at least two hours before. And drink your water -- but not too much.

Congrats on getting off your knees for the pushups!