Getting hit on by freaks

Options

Replies

• xo_jewel_xo
    xo_jewel_xo Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Walking to the subway one night with my buddies, we ducked into one last bar before getting on the train in the Village. Turns out overweight bearded men can be quite popular among certain segments of the gay population at 2am. :laugh:

Awwwwww, poor gorilla. They thought you were a bear!!
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I've been invited into a threesome by a woman on court-ordered anti-psychotics who killed a man by stabbing him over 100 times.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I had a guy old enough to be my father once follow me around the grocery store. Once he caught up to me, he told me that I had beautiful feet. The most beautiful feet he had ever seen. :noway: Freaky indeed.
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    In my 39 years on this planet I have never been hit on once by a lady. For some reason gay men hit on me a lot... :noway:
    Fortunately I have 15 years of marriage on my side. :)

I don't know if this is true for all women but I don't think I could ever be the first to go up to a guy, I'm way to shy. Congrats on your 15 yrs :)
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    What's the difference between a creepy guy and a not-creepy guy?

A: If the woman wants you to hit on them, you're not creepy. Otherwise... you are creepy.

Pretty much.
  • RobMacca1
    RobMacca1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    so here you go then, all these bad stories etc, how should you be hit on?

is there a right way?
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    Walking to the subway one night with my buddies, we ducked into one last bar before getting on the train in the Village. Turns out overweight bearded men can be quite popular among certain segments of the gay population at 2am. :laugh:

lol bears!! love them!! there are entire clubs, magazines, etc. devoted to em ;) it takes all kinds!
  • brk_1982
    brk_1982 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Gotta' say - being unattractive physically doesn't make someone a creeper in my books.

A few years ago, I worked in bar and I always got hit on by the poor guys that were left at closing time that had no girl to take home! Most of them weren't creepers, just drunken fools. But I did have one guy hit on me and when I told him that I had a boyfriend (truth) he put his finger down my shirt in my cleavage and slid it up to my chin while saying "Come on baby, it's Christmas, he won't mind sharing!" :noway: Needless to say, I had the bouncer toss him out.

P.S. The boyfrind from that time is now my husband, and I can confirm that he would absolutely have minded sharing!!
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I had a drunk woman look me up and down at a bar. She walks over and says, "I own a lake with land!" The girl I was with rolled her eyes and laughed. The drunk chick says, "Don't you start your BS with me!"
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I got hit by a woman a few times.

Luckily, their insurance took care of it.
  • mwilbur27
    Options
    Been hit on in the cereal isle by a man who barely spoke english but was hitting on me and trying to hook me up with his son who spoke 3 words of english. He kept telling me he loved me within seconds of meeting me. Literally was cornered in the isle. Not cool.

And there is a proper way to hit on someone. Different for every person but for me. Just be humble, polite, and be funny without going overboard. Straight forward is nice too. If you are going to hit on a person why not just ask them out? Granted its more difficult to be honest without being completely silly but saying " Hi, I'm -blank-. I was wondering if you would want to go out sometime..." Most women like hearing they are pretty but the fact is they want to be wanted for more than looks. Being told your hot but not getting asked out sucks.
  • bens_momma
    Options
    Some food for thought....
    Ok the grocery store one reminds me when I went to the store about a year ago. There was a guy probably around 35 with a curly mullet that went to his shoulders. I turned on the aisle and he started dancing towards me and even did the whole fake lasso and pull me in. It was f***ing pathetic!!! He thought he was sooooo charming. I was like, does this usually work for you??? baha.

You have to admire his efforts for breaking the ice...but what if it was Brad Pitt? Would you feel the same?
    Us men tend to do some dumb **** when falling in love, like singing under her window in a boxer and acoustic guitar....
    Jamaicans. I know I sound like a total a.s.s, but I'm sick and tired of the old Jamaicans who work here asking me to go over to their place and watch movies, and I'm sick and tired of them staring at me while I shop. Also, in general, it seems that only freaks (and not the good kind) like me. I'm a fan of giving everyone a chance, but more and more I've noticed that if someone is a loner and has few to no friends, well there is probably a good reason for it.

Introverted people tend to be your best soul mates and got their **** pulled together financially, why? Well they were alone the majority of their life so they focus on their career(instead wasting it away at parties) and fantasize about their perfect soul mate and how they would cherish that person once they have found them.

Would you settle for the gigolo or the more innocent type?
    I know exactly what you mean you don't have to be doing anything and inappropriate men will come out of no where, I get this also. I could be walking to the store and a weirdo will pull up if he sees what he thinks he likes, I can be at the store shopping and get the weirdo outside or inside. It just goes with the territory as women, what counts is how we respond to it I usually say no thank you I'm spoken for and keep moving or say it while I keep moving. Even if I'm not taken they don't know that.

Wow and to think I was polite to compliment a random lady at the store, thinking it would boost her self confidence...clearly she thought otherwise lol
    a toothless guy at Sleven (7-11)

They call it a passion gap, go google it and you might be suprised to know how good of a lover he really is. :love:

EXCELLENT.
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Men will be men and what would we blog about if they didn't do strange things... Come on girls you love the attention no matter how creepy they are otherwise you wouldn't be blogging about it....

..... We are all humans and good for the freaky guys for trying. Smiling and not saying a word is the best.... or speak another language to them.... lol.....
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I live in Downtown San Diego...so there are a lot of bums. Yeah it sucks to be homeless/crazy/druggie but honestly because I walk to school and home almost every day, my sympathy has been all but obliterated. I've heard, "Hey babe how much for that *kitten*?!", "What's your cup size?", "Is this your corner?", and then my favorite: "I can't pick who's prettier, you or your dog...both of you are just so beautiful..." I try to walk around with huge over-the-ear Skull Candy headphones so that I can't hear anything anymore. Just makes life less annoying...cuz I mean c'mon. I'm married to the sexiest guy ever. I'll flash that diamond ring finger...and if that doesn't work I'll flash another finger xD

It is nice to occasionally hear someone say things like, "You're really pretty" in a non-leering way. I had one guy at the grocery store approach me and say, "Don't take this the wrong way, but I just wanted to tell you that I think you're really pretty." Made my day.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    they having been coming out of the woodwork lately. Amazing how ditching a husband and no longer wearing a wedding ring makes them magically appear.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    And there is a proper way to hit on someone. Different for every person but for me. Just be humble, polite, and be funny without going overboard. Straight forward is nice too. If you are going to hit on a person why not just ask them out? Granted its more difficult to be honest without being completely silly but saying " Hi, I'm -blank-. I was wondering if you would want to go out sometime..." Most women like hearing they are pretty but the fact is they want to be wanted for more than looks. Being told your hot but not getting asked out sucks.
    It's simple, Say "HI, my name is..." save the cheese for playful banter later. If they're not interested who cares you're not walking away with any less than what you started with.

Pretty much it. I mean, I'll give most guys a chance at least to talk unless they're really not my type (sorry, no mullets *shudder*) Otherwise, sure. It's also key to know what you can pull off and what you can't. I know a few guys who can pull off some really odd, things that other guys would be creepy saying or doing, but it just works for them.

That being said, take the hint if a girl is polite and makes excuses, edges away, etc.

I had a guy follow me around a bar all night, trying to dance with me etc. He just wouldn't take a hint. Sigh. He seemed nice enough but I was out with friends, not looking to chat with a random guy.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    An older guy my mom dated :(((

A 20 yr old kid.
  • SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Now I have to ask what is the best way to approach a woman?

*Guys take notes!*

Well, I believe in no bullsh!t approaches like : Hi, I'm *insert name here* and I would like to *insert relatively innocent activity*. It's simplistic and depending on what the activity is, I can generally tell what you're about.
    But I also think that corny pick up lines are adorable, because it takes quite a sac to talk to a woman in the first place. But also, I'm a very straight forward person with a raw sense of humor.
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    I got to agree with a lot said here about girls being too harsh on the guys, just because you don't find a guy attractive doesn't mean his a creeper, he doesn't know if you find him attractive or not until he tries since 90% of the time girls sit there whining about how no guys will talk to them (because they can't be bothered to be the ones to strike up conversation). Sure it is awkward when someone you don't find attractive (or who is of a different sexual orientation to you) hits on you but when it's happened to me I've just had a joke with them and laughed it off, it's as awkward for them as it is for you I swear. Creepers are people who don't understand the different between a polite compliment and a tirade of compliments (lines, etc). Personally the only time I'd consider myself getting hit on by a freak would be around last Christmas, when I was walking through town, guy storms up to me and grabs me, I stumble back because (surprise surprise) I hate strange people touching me and he goes 'What's the matter baby?' to which I am giving him a very puzzled look because I've never seen him before and I didn't even get a chance to answer him since a switch just seemed to flick in him and all of a sudden I was a 'F*ucking wh*re how dare you you sl*t' .... as the old lady behind me said he must have been high as a kite, either that or I have a twin somewhere who did something to him. But personally that's what I think is creepy, so long as they don't touch, don't follow and don't scream abuse at you after you've turned them down their just harmless guys either showing off to mates, thinking if they can make you laugh they'll stand a better chance of getting into a conversation with you or just genuinely are clueless as to how to hit on women and make fools of themselves by accident. No need to be harsh on them. And as for the woman earlier who found a double amputee 'creepy' imagen how he feels having finally got up the courage to talk to some women and instead of her putting him down politely and having a civilized conversation with him, instead she ridicules him, I mean a lot of guys I know won't even attempt to chat up girls because when they've tried in the past they've just been given their shoulder to finish the one-sided conversation with then had to walk away hearing them whispering (loudly) and laughing (even louder). People are just too harsh.
  • WoWmamaErin
    WoWmamaErin Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Went to goth night at a local bar about 9 years ago. Music was pretty loud as you can imagine so I went outside to sit on the patio by myself for a bit to try to reduce the pounding in my head. This really creepy guy starts chatting me up. It was an odd conversation and I'm trying to be polite but then it gets worse and I start talking about my husband every chance I get. He asked me what I thought of the weather and I'm like "My husband and I really like this type of weather"... so any way... he's trying to get my number and hook up with me... when FINALLY my husband comes outside! YAY!!! Well... turns out this guy was bisexual I guess cause now he's putting the moves on my hubs and ignoring me! It was awesome! I laughed my *kitten* off and went inside!

When I worked in a 1 hour photo lab, I had a 60 year old customer ask me to pose nude for him when I was 18... for his 'big beautiful goddess calendar' and he even offered to pay me $30/hr... I was just a tad bit shy and just about had a freaking stroke. My co-worked got mad when I told her the story because she said that he hadn't offered to pay her when he asked her to pose! lol