What did you give me that for????

Options
AdoraK
AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
What is the worst or weirdest Christmas gift you have ever received from a spouse, g/b friend, lover, or s/o?

I was given a shirt in a size SMALL, when I was at my heavest weight and wearing a size 2X Shirt....

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    A pair of pliers that fold up and fit in my pocket. :indifferent:

Thanks honey, you always know what I want. ugh.gif
  • Jones4177
    Options
    socks
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

CrossedArms.gif Multi-tools are extremely useful. You're very ungrateful.

:tongue:
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Huge orange rubber gloves with bumps all over them. Supposedly, you use them to hold hot potatoes while you take the skin off before making potato salad. Thing is, I peel my potatoes first and the person who gave me the gloves knows that. Such an odd gift! Hideous-looking, too!
  • mmmichelle8486
    mmmichelle8486 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Huge orange rubber gloves with bumps all over them. Supposedly, you use them to hold hot potatoes while you take the skin off before making potato salad. Thing is, I peel my potatoes first and the person who gave me the gloves knows that. Such an odd gift! Hideous-looking, too!

Received these in blue....
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    The mother in law gave me a size SMALL pink frilly shirt.

Um.... Have we even met?
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    One year I got 7 or 8 angel figurines....from my Mother. I don't collect things of that nature, especially not angels. :huh:

I always hate receiving clothing because inevitably it's always 100% something I would never pick out or wear.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    My parents got me a fedora when I was in high school. WTF? I think they though it was a trendy thing but I have never been trendy in my whole life. My mom also got me a vest once. I don't do vests. After almost 35 years, I think she finally knows me.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Wine glasses...when I was newly pregnant! Thanks, but I can't use them for MONTHS! lol
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

now, wait a min here, was it a Leatherman? b/c that's the gift that makes me propose!

i got a bunny once, it was that hard plastic, covered w/ velvet. it was holding a wooden carrot. the best part of the gift was trying to figure out if it was a gag or not.
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I was given a shirt in a size SMALL, when I was at my heavest weight and wearing a size 2X Shirt....
    I had the opposite problem -- my boyfriend bought me a sweatshirt that I really loved, but he gave me an XL when I really wear a S/M. :huh:
  • Nos150
    Nos150 Posts: 150
    Options
    my mother gave me spermicide in my stocking when i was 16...
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    when I was 15 or 16 my Grandma gave me a basket with pads, tampons and underwear. :noway:

ROFLMAO! That takes the cake..:laugh: :noway:
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    when I was 15 or 16 my Grandma gave me a basket with pads, tampons and underwear. :noway:

Practicality :flowerforyou: go gram
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband (note the EX) gave me a handheld video game that HE wanted. I never played it and I let him keep it in the divorce. :)
  • Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    When I was in the 6th grade I was given a baseball paperweight.......:noway:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Winner! :laugh:
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    My mom gives me framed pictures of garden things with cutesy quotes on them or note paper with cats on it. Stuff you would either give to a 10 year old or a 60 year old.

I would rather have socks or tools.
  • chrissyw63
    chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    my mother-in-law insists on buying me clothes. she thinks that I wear too much black and apparently am not girly enough. she gets me bright, goofy, frilly, girly things that I would NEVER ever wear. on top of that, she always buys them much, much too big. I don't want to be an a-hole about it, but seriously? I have things sitting in bags ready for donations that still have tags on them from last year ... I will wear the least embarrassing ones to her house every now and then to show that I'm kind of a team player though.

also, the basket of tampons ... HAHAHAHA wow. that is awesome. I'm sure that's exactly what the 16 year old you was hoping for that year :)
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    My college boyfriend gave me a velvet wallhanging of the dogs playing poker. Um. didn't really know what to say when I opened up the package.