What did you give me that for????

Options

Replies

• thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    I was 16 just broke up from my first gf and my loving father got MALE blow up doll
    He wrote a note saying "this way you can never feel lonely and you got someone to play football with"
  • kbeach08
    kbeach08 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My Soon to be ex husband gave me an empty box our first christmas together... I was so mad because everything I got for him took alot of time and effort on my part... Worst thing is... I still married him.... Guess that is one of the many many many reasons for the EX part... :laugh:
    What an *kitten*. :laugh: What was the symbol behind the empty box? I mean, did HE have a thought/ reason behind it?
    No just that he had 13 gifts and his Mother (Huge momma's boy) is superstitous so instead of finding something else he did the empty box... Yes he is an *kitten*!!!
    so he got you 14 gifts total and 1 was empty?

Yup.... At that time It was just the 2 of us we both have always had big christmas to do's but we also both moved across the US to texas it was going to be a sad christmas for me since my family was in Michigan (his came to visit) we both decided to give each other lots of little gifts. It took a long time coming up with good gifts for him and for him to do the empty box was disrespectful Wish I would have seen it sooner!!!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    My wife gave me a wooden handled hair brush once... hello...I'm going bald and cut my hair with a # 2 clipper. Really?

...do normal people use wooden handled hair brushes for brushing hair? seems like more of an invitation to me. *shrug*
  • slnash
    slnash Posts: 16
    Options
    OMG! That is both funny and horrifying at the same time! :noway:
  • slnash
    slnash Posts: 16
    Options
    OMG! That is both funny and horrifying at the same time! :noway:
  • jnanof
    jnanof Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I was 16 just broke up from my first gf and my loving father got MALE blow up doll
    He wrote a note saying "this way you can never feel lonely and you got someone to play football with"
    HAHAHA
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    ugly a** velvet sweatshirt, it was so missy looking, I dress contemporary and I am designer, I don't know what my bf was thinking :P
  • katcena
    katcena Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Too funny...I was just reading this thread and UPS showed up. A sweet lady in my church choir (I am the director) sent me a Popcorn Ball Decorating Kit for Christmas! lol 2 of them even! lol 16 Popcorn balls with icing, candy, and all sorts of goodis to decorate them.
    Here's the funny part: I've been eating healthy for a year now....so, not like this is news to her. BUT, I don't even have kids! BUhahhahahah! What the heck am I going to do with 16 popcorn balls and 2 boxes of candy!? lol
    I had a genius thought...called up my friend who teaches Sunday School at church this Sunday for Christmas....guess what the kids are going to be doing? ;) Oh yeah...and I will be there helping them!
    The cool part is that I actually think the lady who sent me this kit was really just trying to be sweet...her message says "Hope this brings out the kid in you! Thanks for all you have done for us this year!" So...I think she will be thrilled with how I choose to use her gift.
    I just can't help but chuckle....A Popcorn Ball, actually make that 2, decorating kits for the lady who has spent the last year losing 45 pounds...*smh laughing*
    I love Christmas!
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! I'm LOVING this thread!

My FIL's new wife got me & my then-boyfriend a bottle of lube in the shape of a penis. Her 11 year old son was in the room too... She then took me down to her & FIL's bedroom & proceeded to show me an obviously used sex toy, because it was "so great." And then tried to hand it to me... So awkward... Lmao!!
  • stormystrickland
    stormystrickland Posts: 190 Member
    Options

hahahahha!!! seriously can't stop laughing! lol
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    A big old t-shirt to sleep in. "Um, honey, I've been sleeping in teddies for three years every night now." HUH?:smile:
  • DJStewie
    DJStewie Posts: 92 Member
    Options

HAHAHA!

Not me personally, but I had a friend who's husband got some blank VHS tapes and recorded workout videos off the TV then gave them to her as a gift :frown:
  • Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    when I was 15 or 16 my Grandma gave me a basket with pads, tampons and underwear. :noway:

Oh....:sick: that is so awkward...
  • katcena
    katcena Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I was given a tshirt that said, "I beat anorexia"

HAHA sorry that just made me laugh. That is a horrible gift

OMG that is so bad!...and yet I laughed out loud. Sorry....that is a terrible gift!
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options

But I still swear like a sailor ;)

my husband was a sailor and tries to blame that for his profanity... he got out of the Navy over 20 years ago. :huh:
  • tam120
    Options
    A pair of pliers that fold up and fit in my pocket. :indifferent:
    I was given something similar. Extremely useful gift, which I carry in my car, and which as proved itself invaluable many times. Perhaps tools are best given to those who are smart enough to use them.
    when I was 15 or 16 my Grandma gave me a basket with pads, tampons and underwear. :noway:
    Puberty is coming earlier with every generation. She probably thought she was "preparing" you for the time your period started.
    My grandma gave me a tool for the car so you can cut the seatbelt or break the window if needed. Thanks for the doomsday thoughts.
    Or maybe she thought it would save your life...

Shocking to realise what a truly ungrateful bunch of members we have on this site....

why was that necessary?
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have a very small family and I am considered "one of the kids" still. So the "grown-ups" always buy us cool nice/fun/awesome gifts. Last year I got ONE present from my aunt... It was an ornament with a picture of a goats face on it... :noway: When all three of us kids got the same ornament we were like WTF?? Then she says "I bought you all a goat and it gets sent to a third world country to help feed family in need..." I was excited at first because I was like sweet I get a real goat.. Nope didn't even get to see a picture of it or anything... Thanks for killing a goat...for me... I guess.. (if the money even really went to that) HAHA

And she gave her parents a framed picture of her and her BF.... WTF?????
  • tam120
    Options
    I've given some pretty stupid gifts in my life. Sometimes I look back and I'm embarrassed in retrospect. :embarassed: lol
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    My ex-husband bought me a car. Awesome right? It turns out, it was stolen....not by him though, by the guy who "sold" it to him. :huh:

OMG this made me laugh! I am so sorry that happend but WOW what a Christmas gift!!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    my step mom gave me a jean jacket when i was 17 and she had bedazzled it with the stuff you see on tv and then took my pants that my dad bought me and put gems and jewels on them. The next year she bought me hair extentions when my hair was over a foot long.. haha.. Oh yeah my exboyfriends mother bought me condoms and a *kitten* one year for xmas . On the card she gave me it said " just in case me son doesnt "do the deed" for you ' i was soo embaressed. :noway:

What a great Mother! I would have kept that guy around just for the gifts from his mom!