What did you give me that for????

Options

Replies

• lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Well..it was for my birthday but I got a battery for a van that didn't work and that I didnt drive...he wanted to be practical....I still love him though. :love:
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    :)
  • TMcBooty
    Options
    My Soon to be ex husband gave me an empty box our first christmas together... I was so mad because everything I got for him took alot of time and effort on my part... Worst thing is... I still married him.... Guess that is one of the many many many reasons for the EX part... :laugh:
    What an *kitten*. :laugh: What was the symbol behind the empty box? I mean, did HE have a thought/ reason behind it?
    No just that he had 13 gifts and his Mother (Huge momma's boy) is superstitous so instead of finding something else he did the empty box... Yes he is an *kitten*!!!
    so he got you 14 gifts total and 1 was empty?
  • TMcBooty
    Options
    I love my grandma, she is a cute little lady!

:heart:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    My Soon to be ex husband gave me an empty box our first christmas together... I was so mad because everything I got for him took alot of time and effort on my part... Worst thing is... I still married him.... Guess that is one of the many many many reasons for the EX part... :laugh:

What an *kitten*. :laugh: What was the symbol behind the empty box? I mean, did HE have a thought/ reason behind it?

No just that he had 13 gifts and his Mother (Huge momma's boy) is superstitous so instead of finding something else he did the empty box... Yes he is an *kitten*!!!

but you got 13 actual gifts?
    I call that f*cking lucky...I would be thrilled. I don't even get that many gifts TOTAL, from EVERYONE I know combined....

And personally I find the 14th box hilarious. :laugh:
  • kc0kiu
    kc0kiu Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My FIL sends out gifts every year. He asks what we want/need, then buys what ever he finds. One year he sent all of his kids a sink plunger. The next year, he sent it again. Now I have 2 under the kitchen sink. It really is the thought. He is trying. Love him. The presents have gotten better since he let his current wife do some of the shopping.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    What is the worst or weirdest Christmas gift you have ever received from a spouse, g/b friend, lover, or s/o?

I was given a shirt in a size SMALL, when I was at my heavest weight and wearing a size 2X Shirt....

um...I had almost the exact same situation--my then boy-friend brought me back a tee shirt from a trip that seriously looked like a children's tee shirt...I was 225 lbs at the time. And we lived together...he even did my laundry, he should have had some clue of my size lol...
  • Elzecat
    Options
    My FIL sends out gifts every year. He asks what we want/need, then buys what ever he finds. One year he sent all of his kids a sink plunger. The next year, he sent it again. Now I have 2 under the kitchen sink. It really is the thought. He is trying. Love him. The presents have gotten better since he let his current wife do some of the shopping.
    [/quote]

At least he is secure in the knowledge that you can plunge your toilet in case of an emergency? :bigsmile:
  • Elzecat
    Options
    A California Pizza Kitchen gift card. They were trying to sabotage me and KILL me with processed foods and chemicals.

LMFAO...when I saw people quoting this, I assumed it was the guy who originally received that gift from his boss and was posting all over about it yesterday...I was gonna say, gee, you're really taking that one to heart, eh? :laugh:

Even funnier, after I read that whole thread...I made myself a frozen CPK pizza, just because I remembered I had it in the freezer...would have rather had the gift card LOL
  • rafor
    rafor Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    my mother-in-law insists on buying me clothes. she thinks that I wear too much black and apparently am not girly enough. she gets me bright, goofy, frilly, girly things that I would NEVER ever wear. on top of that, she always buys them much, much too big. I don't want to be an a-hole about it, but seriously? I have things sitting in bags ready for donations that still have tags on them from last year ... I will wear the least embarrassing ones to her house every now and then to show that I'm kind of a team player though.

also, the basket of tampons ... HAHAHAHA wow. that is awesome. I'm sure that's exactly what the 16 year old you was hoping for that year :)

Ok, for the ones that aren't too embarrassing why don't you return them for their smaller counterparts so you know what they look like when they fit? For the other ones...return them and use the proceeds to get something you really want. With returning clothes so easy, I figure as long as it isn't nand-made, then you are golden. At least she didn't knit you a sweater that was 4 sizes too big. (though I guess you could just put through a few washer dryer cycles and get it to the right size.)
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    My ex gave me grey rubber car mats. How romantic? I was unaware that I needed them considering I was driving a '94 rust bucket grand am at the time...
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Huge orange rubber gloves with bumps all over them. Supposedly, you use them to hold hot potatoes while you take the skin off before making potato salad. Thing is, I peel my potatoes first and the person who gave me the gloves knows that. Such an odd gift! Hideous-looking, too!

Along the lines of that I got the "Ove-Glove". It was particularly weird because I was like 10 and had no real use for it!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My mom got me a Barney the Big Purple Dinosaur video game when I was like 14. I hated that f'ing dinosaur! I think she did it as a gag gift :)
  • rubyosburn
    rubyosburn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I was 12 at the time and my secret santa at school bought me a .39 balloon punch ball....way to go secret santa!
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    My wife gave me a wooden handled hair brush once... hello...I'm going bald and cut my hair with a # 2 clipper. Really?

Maybe she was hoping you'd use the hair brush on her?
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    my step mom gave me a jean jacket when i was 17 and she had bedazzled it with the stuff you see on tv and then took my pants that my dad bought me and put gems and jewels on them. The next year she bought me hair extentions when my hair was over a foot long.. haha.. Oh yeah my exboyfriends mother bought me condoms and a *kitten* one year for xmas . On the card she gave me it said " just in case me son doesnt "do the deed" for you ' i was soo embaressed. :noway:
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    I was given a tshirt that said, "I beat anorexia"

HAHA sorry that just made me laugh. That is a horrible gift
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    My dad used to go to a lot of estate sales and storage box auctions so one Christmas he gave me a phonograph, saying I can use it as ambiance in my bedroom :indifferent:
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Husband got matching brown bowling pin tie and socks from his mom. lol We couldn't figure out if we were supposed to laugh or not, so I made funny faces at him and tried to hold it in and he said thank you.
  • dragonflybird
    Options
    These are great posts! I can't join in as I've never received anything that was outrages or impractical.....