What did you give me that for????

Options

Replies

• sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    My grandma gave me a tool for the car so you can cut the seatbelt or break the window if needed. Thanks for the doomsday thoughts.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    My wife gave me a wooden handled hair brush once... hello...I'm going bald and cut my hair with a # 2 clipper. Really?
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    my mother gave me spermicide in my stocking when i was 16...
    :laugh: Nice.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Year old chocolate from my then boyfriend's mother.

I don't have concrete proof that it was a year old. But she was notorious for shopping 'day after' sales, and hoarding, and didn't like me. Chocolate from that shop is always amazing, and this was so bad I through it away. I considered taking it back from the store, but having suspicions that they'd say, "We didn't even SELL this product this year," wasn't as demoralizing as having them actually SAY it.

Also, a remote control fart machine from my now ex-boss. But that wasn't a total loss, because I regifted to my FIL who loved it.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    When my brother and his ex were still married she gave me an 'Orgasm Donor' t-shirt. In front of the whole family.
    She was from crazytown so it was to be expected.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    wrinkley/baggy eye cream. For my 35th birthday. Thanks Mom. :ohwell:

Also for that birthday, frommy Dad, who knows how hard weight loss has been for me: a $25 gift card to 5Guys Burgers. Thanks, Dad. :grumble:
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    When I was like 9, there was a Cuban kid that lived next door who gave me frilly underwear for Christmas and insisted it was a tradition in Cuba. I don't know if it is or not, but it was kind of creepy.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    My mom gives me framed pictures of garden things with cutesy quotes on them or note paper with cats on it. Stuff you would either give to a 10 year old or a 60 year old.

I would rather have socks or tools.

Awh but that's kind of cute :laugh:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    My husband one year got me:
    * A plain gray steering wheel cover
    -and-
    * A small space heater

Really, though, I'm just grateful for the gift of having him in my life, so actual "presents" are not that big of a deal.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    well i hope you held onto that small shirt 'cause you look about that size now! um... our first christmas, two years ago, my boyfriend gave me this beanie hat with a bill. it was cute in theory but i did not like it at first, lol.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    When I was like 9, there was a Cuban kid that lived next door who gave me frilly underwear for Christmas and insisted it was a tradition in Cuba. I don't know if it is or not, but it was kind of creepy.

I'm Cuban. It's not.

But by jove I will make it a tradition now!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    a little statue of a chick getting it on with a dog..............yes im compleatly serious
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I think I win weirdest gift, very easily. One year I got a statue...of a goat.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    My ex Mother in Law gave me purple lingerie that was like a size Medium knowing I was 8 month pregnant and almost 219 lbs lol
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    What is the worst or weirdest Christmas gift you have ever received from a spouse, g/b friend, lover, or s/o?

I was given a shirt in a size SMALL, when I was at my heavest weight and wearing a size 2X Shirt....

My sister wears a medium/large and got a small this year lol.

I think I'd rather have that and work towards losing the weight, last Christmas I got a men's XL shirt from my boyfriend =p he noticed I had taken to wearing huge shirts but I was feeling pretty bad about myself over it.

Than in 5th grade my secret santa got my cat pee scented body wash I think it was supposed to smell like Jasmine....it was awful.
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    my mother gave me spermicide in my stocking when i was 16...

Wow! That's a winner!
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    My dad got me a book called "Dating for Dummies" (or maybe it was "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Dating") when I was 19. :laugh: I had been dating a pretty great guy at the time! I gave it to my sister. Lol!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    A plastic toy that had two animals standing on it, and when you turned it on, they played catch with a little ball. It was meant for four year olds, and I was twelve. Thanks, mom.
    Every year I insist she shouldn't bother getting me anything unless its something specific I need. She always gives me something else. We have so much stuff accumulating, especially with kids' toys... Don't have room for extra stuff. I also suggest she donate to charity in my name instead, but she wants to give something I can unwrap. She means well, we are just two very different people.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    In 2004 we moved from MI to AZ. My in-laws didn't want us to move and because we rented out our MI house (because we couldn't sell it due to the economy) they thought we'd move back even though we bought a house in AZ and told them we weren't ever going to move back to MI if we didn't absolutely have to. Come Christmas that year my MIL got me really rough, scratchy towels that matched the decor in the MI house and that she knew didn't match the AZ house at all. We kept 2 of them in the trunks of the cars and threw the rest away. They were too scratchy for me to even be comfortable donating.

Weird thing is my MIL and I get along great. I have no idea why I got those towels.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    A pair of pliers that fold up and fit in my pocket. :indifferent:
    Oh, I'd love that! Want one of these stupid mugs with a teddy bear on it? I am not into teddy bears and, at the time, I wasn't drinking anything that needed a mug!
    My grandma gave me a tool for the car so you can cut the seatbelt or break the window if needed. Thanks for the doomsday thoughts.
    Oh, I want one of those too! Where did she get it?
    I think I win weirdest gift, very easily. One year I got a statue...of a goat.
    You are definitely the winner.

I don't have a weird gift story. Sometimes I get things I don't want or that don't fit but there's nothing weird about them. Like the yellow button down shirt. I don't wear button-downs too often and I never wear yellow. But it was a perfectly normal shirt. That I never wore. :laugh: