Share Food Diary

Options

Replies

• aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    Sheryl I love that you have pbj sandwiches for lunch. I felt weird becuase everyone was listing these really fancy sounding meals for lunch and I just have a peanutbutter and honey sandwich just about every day.
  • dskline1
    dskline1 Posts: 123
    Options
    Sheryl I love that you have pbj sandwiches for lunch. I felt weird becuase everyone was listing these really fancy sounding meals for lunch and I just have a peanutbutter and honey sandwich just about every day.

aml0484~

Glad to hear that I have some company!!! I am so new with clean or rather "better" eating, that some of the foods that I see listed sound like a foreign language to me - lol I feel that slow habitual changes for me will work best and for about 350 cals, I can't go wrong right now with a pbj. They stay with me for such a long time. If I have a salad with chicken or something else for lunch, I will even have a pb&j for dinner!!! I guess I just want to make smarter choices and know that I can't change 30 years of bad habits overnight. My biggest weaknesses are still Fuddruckers hamburgers and chocolate milk!!! UUUGGGHHH! Oh, and I might just have to try the honey with pb....I used to eat "honeybread" (just white bread with butter and honey on it) when I was little, but I think that was the only way I ever had any honey.....

~Sheryl
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies....I am so happy...such a mental breakthrough I had this morning! Now, please keep in mind that I have eaten a pkg of Frosted Strawberry Poptarts EVERYDAY for the past 5 years!!! Well, since I started this a few weeks ago with increasing my activity level, I crash at about 10 AM and feel like crap. Well, this morning, I made myself 2 dippy eggs with 2 pieces of toast and feel amazing!!! Here it is 10:30 AM and still feeling strong! I am going to try and not eat my poptarts every other day to start and go from there. Will be enjoying my pb&j for lunch too....that seems to last me til about 4, then I do need a small snack before dinner. But, it is cheap and very convenient and easy. Don't have to worry about where to go for lunch and blow 800 calories! Anyway, just wanted to share my small accomplishment! Knowing that I will be posting for all to see certainly is motivational! Funny how something so simple can help keep us line!
    ~Sheryl

That is so awesome! Good for you Sheryl! :flowerforyou:
  • jdelisle
    Options

I <3 my cucumber sandwiches for lunch :) You guys will see that is habitual for me! Must be the English in me.
  • aml0484
    Options

aml0484~

Glad to hear that I have some company!!! I am so new with clean or rather "better" eating, that some of the foods that I see listed sound like a foreign language to me - lol I feel that slow habitual changes for me will work best and for about 350 cals, I can't go wrong right now with a pbj. They stay with me for such a long time. If I have a salad with chicken or something else for lunch, I will even have a pb&j for dinner!!! I guess I just want to make smarter choices and know that I can't change 30 years of bad habits overnight. My biggest weaknesses are still Fuddruckers hamburgers and chocolate milk!!! UUUGGGHHH! Oh, and I might just have to try the honey with pb....I used to eat "honeybread" (just white bread with butter and honey on it) when I was little, but I think that was the only way I ever had any honey.....

~Sheryl

I don't know what kind of bread you use with your sandwiches but an easy change to lower a few calories is either the country hearth light bread of sara lee's light bread. Both have about half the calories of normal bread.

My biggest weakness is a mcdonalds double cheeseburger. I had one about 4-5 days ago and all I could taste was salt. Maybe not eating it for a month has changed my taste or maybe it was just a bad burger but I am not really craving it as much.

Normally I run home from work for lunch to make a sandwich. Today we are expecting a big snowstorm so I packed a lunch. I brought a salad with some cut up chicken and mozzerella cheese. I also brought a turkey sandwich. Totally not my norm so I hope it holds me and satisfies me. i will probably have a pbh sandwich for dinner. My son will have no complaints about that they are his favorite too.

I am still pretty new to this healtier clean eating also. Been kinda strugleing though it for about a month now. It is working and overall I am feeling better more energy etc. I have had to clean my house out of most of the junk food.
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'm in! See ya'll tonite or tomorrow for check in!
  • dskline1
    Options

aml0484~

~Sheryl

I don't know what kind of bread you use with your sandwiches but an easy change to lower a few calories is either the country hearth light bread of sara lee's light bread. Both have about half the calories of normal bread.

My biggest weakness is a mcdonalds double cheeseburger. I had one about 4-5 days ago and all I could taste was salt. Maybe not eating it for a month has changed my taste or maybe it was just a bad burger but I am not really craving it as much.

Normally I run home from work for lunch to make a sandwich. Today we are expecting a big snowstorm so I packed a lunch. I brought a salad with some cut up chicken and mozzerella cheese. I also brought a turkey sandwich. Totally not my norm so I hope it holds me and satisfies me. i will probably have a pbh sandwich for dinner. My son will have no complaints about that they are his favorite too.

I am still pretty new to this healtier clean eating also. Been kinda strugleing though it for about a month now. It is working and overall I am feeling better more energy etc. I have had to clean my house out of most of the junk food.

aml0484~

I will definately have to look for those bread options here in my neck of the woods...I never really paid much attention to it....but will be doing so now!

I like the idea of the mozz cheese on your salad....would not have thought of that....guess it is good that we do these posts....I so need ideas to add variety to my meal plans. You should have good luck with your turkey sandwich today on top of the salad - it is actually making me hungry :~) Only have about 1/2 hour til I can scarf my pbj. I tend to be a bit of a picky eater, so all this info is greek and will take time to sift through. I am determined though to be more aware of what I put in my body....funny, when you are in your late 30's your body starts getting an attitude and starts taking back - lol!

Funny about your son....mine is 12 and he makes a "triple decker pbj" every morning for breakfast!!! He is such a tiny thing so he needs all the cals he can get at this point. So the apple certainly does not fall very far from the tree.

Now, on the burger part....I can only hope that one day my tastbuds will defy all that they have know for so long and no longer take any satisfaction in a big, juicy hamburger. I figure my Fuddruckers burger with let, oni, tom - no mayo or cheese is about 650 cals, so I have to be mindful, but, when needed I can certainly fit it in....I would even eat it if it meant I HAD to go home and workout - that is how much I crave them at time......
    ~Sheryl
  • aml0484
    Options
    Sheryl~

LOL:laugh: I used to have a pbj toastwich as I called it everyday for brekfast. Just a toasted peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Oh so good. I am getting hungry too talking about all this food. I have 1.5 hours until lunch.
  • dskline1
    Options
    Sheryl~

LOL:laugh: I used to have a pbj toastwich as I called it everyday for brekfast. Just a toasted peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Oh so good. I am getting hungry too talking about all this food. I have 1.5 hours until lunch.

aml0484~
    I know it....my pbj is glaring at me right now! haha I will be heading home after lunch, so enjoy the rest of your day. I wish we were getting a snow storm....here in south central pa we don't get quite as much as we used to....hope you get your snow today....make some snow angels with your little guy and burn extra calories shoveling!! :tongue:
  • dskline1
    Options
    jdelisle!

Okay, I am stumped.....:blushing: What makes a "cucumber sandwich" ? Do you add any other condiments or is it just cucumbers and bread?? I LOVE cucs and eat them in my salads and enjoy them just plain.

Thank~Sheryl
  • jdelisle
    Options
    So I was thinking, we should all get to know each other a little bit better!

If there is a question that doesn't make you comfortable, no hard feelings, you don't have to answer!

Name :
    MFP start date:
    Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Lost so far:
    Goal Weight:

5 Random things about you:
  • dskline1
    Options

If there is a question that doesn't make you comfortable, no hard feelings, you don't have to answer!

Name : Sheryl
    MFP start date: Feb 2009
    Starting Weight: 113.0
    Current Weight: 111.6
    Lost so far: 1 1/2 lbs
    Goal Weight: 110

5 Random things about you: 1.not in this to necessarily lose weight...want to make better choices and have more energy - finally figured out that it DOES matter what we put into our bodies. lol
    2. I am so a type A personality - seriously wish I could clone myself so I could get more done
    3. Have 2 great kids - 18 y/o daughter and 12 y/0 son and an awesome hubby.
    4. I absolutely LOVE my dog - he makes me smile
    5. Diet Dr. Pepper, poptarts, chocolate milk and hamburgers are my weaknesses!!!!:love:
  • aml0484
    Options

Name:
    MFP start date: Jan 28 09
    Starting Weight: 228.8
    Current Weight: 223
    Lost so far: 5.8
    Goal Weight: 133

5 Random things about you:
    1. I love going to comedy clubs
    2. I think it's really gross when people clip their fingernails in public or at work
    3. I am a huge animal lover. I have had frogs, lizards, cats, dogs, birds, fish rodents, toads,. Currently have 2 cats and 15 fish.
    4. My dad has a nickname for me it is amphibian because I have always been fascinated by them. My son's first pet was tadpoles that turned into frogs.
    5. I'm a single mom to a 5 year old boy

Ok so those are some really random things about me. I can't wait to get to know some of the others in this group a little better.
  • jdelisle
    Options
    jdelisle!

Okay, I am stumped.....:blushing: What makes a "cucumber sandwich" ? Do you add any other condiments or is it just cucumbers and bread?? I LOVE cucs and eat them in my salads and enjoy them just plain.

Thank~Sheryl

My Gramma is from England so she always made them for me as a kid. The proper way is two pieces of white bread with a thin layer of butter on each side and cucumber, but I have never been one for butter in my sandwiches so I make mine with cucumber, calorie wise miracle whip and brown bread, sometimes a bit of pepper. YUM. My favorite!
  • dskline1
    Options
    jdelisle!

Thank~Sheryl

My Gramma is from England so she always made them for me as a kid. The proper way is two pieces of white bread with a thin layer of butter on each side and cucumber, but I have never been one for butter in my sandwiches so I make mine with cucumber, calorie wise miracle whip and brown bread, sometimes a bit of pepper. YUM. My favorite!

MMMMM. I love Miracle Whip....on my tomato sandwiches, in my tuna, yum, yum, yum. I will have to try this...sounds lite and satisfying!

Thanks for the info.
    ~Sheryl
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    jdelisle!

Thank~Sheryl

ahh Lovely memories:flowerforyou: My Mum was from England as well and also made us cucumber sandwiches at tea time. She also ate sugar on white bread with a bit of butter, another English novelty, did your Grandmother eat those as well? Ahh what lovely memories came flooding back when I saw your post on cucumber sandwiches, I remember she used to cut them in quarters and have them in the afternoon with Tea. Though I thought it was interesting..the concept of a sugar sandwich, I never tried one of those.

Great thread btw..:happy:
    FC:heart:
  • PixieFire
    Options
    I would really like to join your group. I think sharing our food choices with others may help us make better choices. But, i'm having sort of a problem viewing this thread. For some reason, it doesn't fit properly on my screen. I end up having to scroll to the left in order to view the entire post. Weird huh?

-Pixie
  • jdelisle
    Options
    jdelisle!

Thank~Sheryl

ahh Lovely memories:flowerforyou: My Mum was from England as well and also made us cucumber sandwiches at tea time. She also ate sugar on white bread with a bit of butter, another English novelty, did your Grandmother eat those as well? Ahh what lovely memories came flooding back when I saw your post on cucumber sandwiches, I remember she used to cut them in quarters and have them in the afternoon with Tea. Though I thought it was interesting..the concept of a sugar sandwich, I never tried one of those.

Great thread btw..:happy:
    FC:heart:

Aww she used to make sugar sandwiches for my Gramps! Wow I never remembered that until you said something! I <3 my Gramma so is so sweet. She used to call meals 'tea' but she has been in Canada and the States (they summer in Arizona) so long that she is losing a bit of it. She still has a pretty strong accent though!
  • jdelisle
    Options
    I would really like to join your group. I think sharing our food choices with others may help us make better choices. But, i'm having sort of a problem viewing this thread. For some reason, it doesn't fit properly on my screen. I end up having to scroll to the left in order to view the entire post. Weird huh?

-Pixie

Welcome to the group! :flowerforyou: Try clearing your cache, that might help in viewing :happy:
  • aml0484
    Options

-Pixie

Welcome Pixie. I don't know what to say about the display problem. Is your browser window open all the way or is it minimized down some?