Share Food Diary

Options

Replies

• PixieFire
    Options
    Well, my little problem seems to have fixed it self. GREAT! On the topic of cucumber sandwiches, I started making these last summer. I take two pieces of whole wheat bread (I think white bread is the devil) and spread laughing cow swiss cheese wedges on them. I slice cucumbers thin then layer them on the bread. I put a tiny bit of vinegar and olive oil on them then pepper. YUM! By the way...How do you add pics to a post? How do you add just the pic of your food journal?

-Pixie
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    So I was thinking, we should all get to know each other a little bit better!

If there is a question that doesn't make you comfortable, no hard feelings, you don't have to answer!

Name : Jacqueline
    MFP start date: January 1, 2009
    Starting Weight: 227
    Current Weight: 210.5
    Lost so far: 16.5
    Goal Weight: 135

5 Random things about you:

I work as the personal assistant to a CA (Chartered Accountant) think 'The Devil Wears Prada'

I moved out on my own was I was 16

I take night classes for Accounting

I used to be punk/goth (before it was mainstream) now I look at those pictures and cringe.

I get a rush like no other whenever I am on stage (acting, singing, dancing) and have been in lessons for all three.
  • PixieFire
    Options

If there is a question that doesn't make you comfortable, no hard feelings, you don't have to answer!

Name : Well, my real name is Velvet. You can call me that, or if you can't remember Velvet, Pixie is fine.
    MFP start date: Jan 09 I think
    Starting Weight: 152
    Current Weight: 149
    Lost so far: 3
    Goal Weight: 118

1:I have two lovely doggies
    2: I work in a clothing store. (so I love talking fashion)
    3:I hate jogging, but i try anyway.
    4:my boyfriend and I cook as a way to spend time together.
    5:I HATE mangos
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not sure that I will be able to post my menu everyday - but I think I will give it a try to keep me accountable as my wedding is in 23 days!

Name : Jennifer
    MFP start date: January 3, 2009
    Starting Weight: 126.8
    Current Weight: 117
    Lost so far: 9.8
    Goal Weight: 110 (Hopefully at least 113 by wedding - March 21st)

I have an masters degree in acting
    I have lived in 12 states
    I have a yellow labrador named Riley
    I am half Scottish from my mother's side
    I drive a white Jeep Wrangler

Food Diary for Wednesday, February 25th, 2009

Breakfast
    Eggs - Hard-boiled (whole egg), 3 large

Lunch
    Eating Right - -Black Bean Soup, 1.8 oz (51 g)

Dinner
    Tomatoes - Red, ripe, raw, year round average
    Signature Cafe - Guacamole, 4 tbsp (30g)
    Boca Meatless Burger - Bruschetta Tomato Basil Parmesan, 2 pattys
    Bertolli - Balsamic Vinegar, 1 tbsp
    Kraft - American Cheese Fat Free Singles, 2 slices
    Wine - Table, red, 2.5 glasses (3.5 fl oz/glass)

Snacks
    Eas - Myoplex Carb Control - Chocolate Fudge, 11 oz.

Totals: Calories 1,064 Carbs 74 Fat 34 Protein 86 Fiber 26 Sodium 2,367

(I went a couple of hundred calories over my allotted 1,200 calories on Tuesday- so I made up for it yesterday! :wink: )
  • dskline1
    dskline1 Posts: 123
    Options

Name : Well, my real name is Velvet. You can call me that, or if you can't remember Velvet, Pixie is fine.

Hi PIxie!

Curious what clothing store you work with? I live fashion, too - but somewhat limited here in so central pa....do have Philadelphia, which is nice for trendier versions of what we get here. lol Do you have a favorite line/style? Whats your take on the "it" color for spring? Seeing alot of yellow out this way and I LOVE it!!!

~Sheryl

P.S. Have you tried jogging to music? I don't care for it either - my hubby calls what I do "jawlking" haha Anyway, upbeat music (or even angry music - my LInkin Park cd's work well here) help me tremendously. Makes the time go faster and you end up keeping tempo with the beat.
  • dskline1
    Options
    Well I'm not sure that I will be able to post my menu everyday - but I think I will give it a try to keep me accountable as my wedding is in 23 days!

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Snacks

(I went a couple of hundred calories over my allotted 1,200 calories on Tuesday- so I made up for it yesterday! :wink: )

Wow! Sounds like you got your dietary intake down to a science....Good for YOU!!! Also, congrats on the upcoming wedding!!! Certainly a great initial motivational tool.

Wanted to ask if you struggle with estimating your calories burned during exercise? I am 5' even (only cuz I saw your age will I say this....was 5'2" in the 80's with my Aqua Net hairspray and big hair - lol) and 111 lbs. Not needing to lose weight so much, but want to have the knowledge of how my body is burning, fueling itself. And tone what has wanted to head south already..... One bmr site told me that I should only be consuming 1000 cals/per day....this just doesn't seem healthy to me. I usually consume about 1200-1600 depending on how much I exercise. Anyway, wasn't sure if you have ever had trouble gaining accurate info.

Thanks,
    ~Sheryl
  • Jelybe
    Options

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Snacks

Wow! Sounds like you got your dietary intake down to a science....Good for YOU!!! Also, congrats on the upcoming wedding!!! Certainly a great initial motivational tool.

Wanted to ask if you struggle with estimating your calories burned during exercise? I am 5' even (only cuz I saw your age will I say this....was 5'2" in the 80's with my Aqua Net hairspray and big hair - lol) and 111 lbs. Not needing to lose weight so much, but want to have the knowledge of how my body is burning, fueling itself. And tone what has wanted to head south already..... One bmr site told me that I should only be consuming 1000 cals/per day....this just doesn't seem healthy to me. I usually consume about 1200-1600 depending on how much I exercise. Anyway, wasn't sure if you have ever had trouble gaining accurate info.

Thanks,
    ~Sheryl

Hi Sheryl!

Man... do I ever remember AquaNet! :laugh:

I have to exercise so that I can eat 1200 calories and still lose. I use a heart rate monitor to track my calories burned. Honestly - seeing the numbers climb on that thing is the biggest motivator and if I no longer am mentally able to work out without it. It is especially great for us Type A personallities!

Also weights are absolutely the key to toning. I'm TRYING to practice what I preach on that last statement...

I hope this answers your question!

Jennifer
  • PixieFire
    Options
    Hi Cheryl! I work at Ann Taylor Loft. This spring is all about color! I think the biggest will be yellow and dusty blues and purples. But any bright color will make you look fresh. I mostly shop at the LOFT and Ann Taylor because I'm under 5 feet tall and we sell petites. (oh yeah, and my great discount) But i also like max studio and tulle. Also penguin original makes fab mens and womans clothes. A little expensive, but well constructed. And YES! I ONLY jog to music. Or Jawlk. Ha ha! That's what i do too. I can only jog for about 3-4 minutes at a time. What else do you listen to? I like Tool!

-Pixie
  • dskline1
    Options

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Snacks

Thanks,
    ~Sheryl

Hi Sheryl!

I have to exercise so that I can eat 1200 calories and still lose. I use a heart rate monitor to track my calories burned. Honestly - seeing the numbers climb on that thing is the biggest motivator and if I no longer am mentally able to work out without it. It is especially great for us Type A personallities!

Also weights are absolutely the key to toning. I'm TRYING to practice what I preach on that last statement...

Jennifer

Jennifer~
    I am going to have to check into the heart rate monitor....do you use the chest strap that I see so many others talking about? Good point about the type a's - lol

My girlfriend is taking me to her gym this evening and doing circuit training with me then 1/2 hr of cardio...I have never done weights before....I tend to bulk up really quickly in my arms...guess I will just have to do low weight/high reps. Hoping I can salt and pepper this into my weekly routine 1-2 times per week. Hubby wants to get p90x, so I think that that would be a kick butt weight work out.

And, yes you did answer my question....I just get puzzled when treadmills tell you how many calories your burned and they don't have alot of info to go off of....have trouble buying it...

Thanks for the info.

~Sheryl
  • Jelybe
    Options

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Snacks

Thanks,
    ~Sheryl

Hi Sheryl!

Jennifer

Jennifer~
    I am going to have to check into the heart rate monitor....do you use the chest strap that I see so many others talking about? Good point about the type a's - lol

My girlfriend is taking me to her gym this evening and doing circuit training with me then 1/2 hr of cardio...I have never done weights before....I tend to bulk up really quickly in my arms...guess I will just have to do low weight/high reps. Hoping I can salt and pepper this into my weekly routine 1-2 times per week. Hubby wants to get p90x, so I think that that would be a kick butt weight work out.

And, yes you did answer my question....I just get puzzled when treadmills tell you how many calories your burned and they don't have alot of info to go off of....have trouble buying it...

Thanks for the info.

~Sheryl

I hear that P90X is a great program - and VERY challenging!

You have to enter your weight and age on those treadmills to get a personalized calorie count - but even then they are not always accurate. :grumble:
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    im happy to join this i really need this so i can stop over eatting
  • jdelisle
    Options

Hi PIxie!

Curious what clothing store you work with? I live fashion, too - but somewhat limited here in so central pa....do have Philadelphia, which is nice for trendier versions of what we get here. lol Do you have a favorite line/style? Whats your take on the "it" color for spring? Seeing alot of yellow out this way and I LOVE it!!!

~Sheryl

P.S. Have you tried jogging to music? I don't care for it either - my hubby calls what I do "jawlking" haha Anyway, upbeat music (or even angry music - my LInkin Park cd's work well here) help me tremendously. Makes the time go faster and you end up keeping tempo with the beat.

My favorite work out song is 'Hey Ya' by Outkast, *Shake it like a Polaroid picture* Hehe
  • jdelisle
    Options
    im happy to join this i really need this so i can stop over eatting

Welcome to our group! :flowerforyou:
  • dskline1
    Options
    Hi Cheryl! I work at Ann Taylor Loft. This spring is all about color! I think the biggest will be yellow and dusty blues and purples. But any bright color will make you look fresh. I mostly shop at the LOFT and Ann Taylor because I'm under 5 feet tall and we sell petites. (oh yeah, and my great discount) But i also like max studio and tulle. Also penguin original makes fab mens and womans clothes. A little expensive, but well constructed. And YES! I ONLY jog to music. Or Jawlk. Ha ha! That's what i do too. I can only jog for about 3-4 minutes at a time. What else do you listen to? I like Tool!

-Pixie
  • dskline1
    Options

-Pixie
    Hi PIxie!

Glad to hear that I have a MFP pal that is petite as well!!!! I am 5' tall and it certainly has its challenges!!! I enjoy Ann Taylor as well...we actually have a outlet store somewhat close to here in Gettysburg. I buy there clothes for work. I still struggle with jeans, but this fall found a store called Buckle and they alter/customize their jeans for you and then ship them to you for free in about 5-7 days!! What a freakin deal for us shorties!!! Good quality jeans too - I purchased Lucky's and Big Star's and love, love, love them!! Always good to know where to get good petite items!

I am looking forward to the yellows and purples this year...I am usually a basic brown, creme, white, black, gray type of gal....but the yellows and purps I can do. Never heard of Penquin original - will have to do some research on that one.

Music likes are all over the board...in my old age I have even come to appreciate some of the more upbeat country hits...haha but, hip hop, dance, blues, and classic rock are my favs. Currently in my car cd changer is: Nickelback, Linkin Park, Color Me Badd, Motley Crue, Leona Lewis, *****cat Dolls and Timbaland.....all over the place I know. haha I am actually going to see the Crue in March - pretty psyched about that....never thought that I would be a crue chick:laugh:

~Sheryl
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    Kudos to the OP for this idea! I am going to post today's as soon as I figure out how.
  • jdelisle
    Options
    S
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    BREAKFAST
    Dairy - 1% Milk, 0.25 cup 25 caloris
    Dunkin Donuts - Egg White Turkey Sausage Flatbread Sandwich, 1 Sandwich = 280 calories
    Dunkin Donuts - Ice Tea Plain, 16 fl oz. = 5 calories

MORNING SNACK
    Red Grapes - Red Seedless Grapes, 5 grape = 17 calories

LUNCH
    Tyson - Skirt Steak, 5.5 oz = 234 calories
    Green Giant - Garden Vegetable Medley, 1 cup (1/2 cup prepared) = 50 calories

AFTERNOON SNACK
    Ritz Reduced Fat Crackers - Ritz Reduced Fat Crackers, 10 CRACKERS = 140 calories
    the Laughing Cow - Garlic & Herb Light Cheese Wedges, 1 wedge= 35 calories
    Green Apple - medium 140 grams 72 caloris

DINNER
    Weightwatchers Smart Ones - Chicken Parmesan, 1 Package = 290 calories
    Green Giant - Brocoli In Cheese Sauce, 1.6675 cup = 150 calories

NIGHT DESERT
    Jell-O (Jello) - Pudding Snacks - Chocolate Sugar Free, 1 snack = 60 calories

What do you think? any suggestions. I know I eat a lot of lean cuisine and smart ones due to a busy work/school schedule. But suggestions are helpful
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    oops sorry forgot this

total calories 1358, 1200 base calories 375 calories burned at gym this morning so goal was 1575

Name : Melissa
    MFP start date: January 7
    Starting Weight: 205
    Current Weight: 195
    Lost so far: 10 pounds
    Goal Weight: 140-150

5 Random things about you

I have always wanted to audition for American Idol - Simon is my all time favorite!

I learned to love the gym thanks to my trainer/Zumba teacher and am really sad she has left...

I have the world's cutest Puggle named Zadich [really with a k but it stars as a swear for some reason] and he thinks he is a pitbull!

I used to compete in local Pageants under the MIss America Organization -- best I ever did was 1st runner up though

I want to be a district attorney and work with juveniles.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Not logging my food today but will as soon as I have a chance to get home and screencap, and/or copy all that info!

Name : NickyBR38... or Nicky for short.
    MFP start date: November? December? I DUNNO
    Starting Weight: 230
    Current Weight: 212
    Lost so far: 18
    Goal Weight:150ish

1: I am a high stress personality, but while I physically manifest the stress through eating or chewing my nails, or twitching leg, I don't ever properly, emotionally, FEEL it.
    2: I have two jobs and work 59 hours a week (not a huge deal compared to some but still pretty tiring)
    3: I love running
    4: I have a MAD crush on a guy I've only been out with once. Haha.
    5: I eat foods obsessively until I lose interest and then switch to something new. Last year it was watermelon, then grapes and now it's peaches.