SO HOW MANY OF US GAIN WEIGHT OVER CHRISTMAS?

Options

Replies

• netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I gained 2 during the week of Thanksgiving. Relost it and was able to maintian for the rest of the year. Phew and it was tough. I did a little "binge" eating last night. Whole Mystic pizza & a bottle of wine. hahaha but 2012 is time for real damage control. For 2012 I think I am going to try to ban all fried foods. It will be really tough and I might slip up. (I LOVE FRIED PICKLES!) But I am going to TRY! :)
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Gained 1.2 lbs on our Christmas cruise, but it was totally worth it! I had a great time with family!
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    6 lbs :noway: ..... almost no exercise for a month, tons of dairy and chocolate (I'm allergic) = sweats for a couple of weeks while I detox!!!:sad: This has been one of my worst holidays ~ I just totally ate like a cow. Trying not to get depressed about my lack of will power! Since I'm short, I think the 6 lbs looks more like 10-12 lbs!:frown:
  • mommy2b2012
    Options
    i gained 15 lbs but I am almost 3 months pregnant... Does anyone know if i should still diet?
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    I decided maintenance is what i'd do during the holidays and it worked! I didn't lose anything, but I didn't gain anything either. Perfectly happy with that. But now it's time to get back to losing!
  • Cherisehirz
    Options
    I weighed in today and I didn't lose or gain. I am still the same weight. Which I'm very pleased with! I ate whatever I wanted, but worked my butt off! Apparently, it worked! Ready for 2012! :happy:
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Ask your dr. If you are obese most doctors will allow it if you are just slightly over weight they might advise against it. Chances are though if your body is craving it you need it!!!
  • ninu13
    ninu13 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    1lbs +
  • VickiandMillie
    Options
    I gained 9 lbs over all of December, but I put some of that down to stopping smoking at the end of November. I had smoked about 10 a day for 9 years (I didn't start till I was 26!) and decided to stop before I reached 35, which I did in the middle of December. I realised that it's no good losing weight if you are still unhealthy with smoking!

Anyway, I am 31 days with no nicotine (when I wasn't smoking, such as when I was with my family I would use NRT) and back on the wagon of exercise and careful eating!

Good luck everyone. xxx
  • jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I joined mfo in march, and lost 17 pounds, i have gained back 14 pounds in just one month
  • revjames
    revjames Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I made a lifestyle choice to change my diet and exercise routines. Christmas and New year celebrations made no difference, I still said no to most stuff people were filling thier faces with and if I did over do the cals I made sure I burned it off on the treadmill. Pretty much same as I was a month ago 182lbs
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    well I put on 4lbs over a week and a half but that was due to not doing any workouts of any kind and eating what and when I liked but now its time to get back in trainning again I know I can do it as I did it before. I had planned to have some time off over the christmas time so I did know what I was doing as its nice to have a break some time as long as you dont over do it
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    Bleh with Christmas and depression lets see... 10lbs =[

But I'm diving back in and am going to fix this. =]
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    About 2kg that's about 4.5lbs....but back to it now!
  • danniellexxx
    Options
    I gained 1 pound, not to bad considering how much i ate, think its just i continued to exercise, so it went well :D
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i gained 15 lbs but I am almost 3 months pregnant... Does anyone know if i should still diet?

You need to check with your doctor. It may not be healthy for the baby if you diet while you're pregnant - but your doctor is the only one who can give you that advice. Eat healthy for the two of you!
  • jadesta55
    Options
    to be honest...i dont even want to know. smh. that was ''last year'' so im going to act like it never happen.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Ok, I finally weighed myself and 4 lbs, which is slightly weird given that I have had a 600 cal deficit a week despite Christmas and NYE both being well over. I am assuming water weight as I have had a lot of wine, which makes me puffy.
  • mommy2b2012
    Options
    I have a doctors appointment on the 3rd and I will be sure that I ask him :)... Thank you
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
    Options
    8lbs, but I expected to. I ALWAYS gain weight during the holidays which is why I "cut" right before they hit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition