How much did you gain this Christmas???

Options
Well I havent stepped foot on the scales lately and i am infact scared to, but how much have you gained this xmas??

Replies

• springermad
    Options
    I weighed myself this morning and I gained 0.5 of a kilo. Oh the guilt has set in x
  • Michelle650
    Options
    Id be happy with that! Well done! Im sure it will be gone in no time!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I didn't gain any fat, but more than likely I've gained some water weight. It's a bit silly to check, isn't it?
  • Famzav8
    Famzav8 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    lol! I went to step on my scale last night - and the screen read that the battery was low. An omen........ it didn't even want to tell me!!! hahahahaha Off to the gym I go tonight!
  • karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Options
    I gained a couple of pounds. But that is okay. I totally enjoyed the weekend and it was two days instead of two weeks. I am back on track today and that couple of pounds will be history in another week or two. No guilt!
  • SachaMichel
    Options
    I don't weigh myself but my clothes are tighter on me and my gut is bloated :ohwell:
  • Roblyssa
    Roblyssa Posts: 125
    Options
    I gained a couple of pounds. But that is okay. I totally enjoyed the weekend and it was two days instead of two weeks. I am back on track today and that couple of pounds will be history in another week or two. No guilt!

I couldn't agree more!! I did weigh myself this morning and I gained 1.4kg (3lb) but yep, I want to LIVE my life, not sit and sulk about what I can't eat for 2 days. I had 2 days off, and I am now back to tracking, exercising and focusing and I am happy with that!

Sure, it's easy to put on and hard to take off, but I am prepared for it and knew what the outcome would be before I made my decision to relax over the past 2 days and enjoy my Christmas with my family.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I'm not weighing till a week after new year. I have undoubtedly gained, but I doubt too much. Realistically, it's incredibly unlikely any of you have gained several pounds in a weekend. If you've weighed in this morning and it's showing a very significant gain, that's obviously water weight, not 'real' weight. Eat healthy, drink water, and most of that will go. Even allowing for the possibility of total Christmas gluttony, you'd have had to eaten 3000 cals above your daily maintenance allowance each day of the weekend to gain more than a pound.

Relax. It happens once a year. It's part of life. Enjoy it, then shake the dust off, and get back to work.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    So far...So good. Scale went up a little over a pound but I did have ham for dinner Sunday and at Fridays party at work. I won't look again for a couple of days. I know I am bloated something bad. I KNOW I did not gain in my ankles!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I must have gained a couple of pounds, but it was planned and it won't be a shock at all. :smile:

The idea was that I'd get a few pounds below my target weight for Christmas but there wasn't time. It will be my strategy for next year though.
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I gained a pound. Not to bad. I'm just happy i stayed in onederland.
  • lucylou9701
    Options
    Didnt gain anything :) I dont get people who diet and then just go "lax" for the weekend... I enjoyed myself, ate healthy and even indulged in a piece of pumpkin pie... I continued to exercise and so far so good :) now got to get through new years! ;)
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I gained 1 lb.-pretty sure it kicked it right back off today doing 30 day shred level 1 & 2 then a 7 mile run! Let's hope so anyway!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I gained a pound, but I am sure it is water weight. I am back on track and ready to reach my final goal. Good luck with your continued weight loss journey.
  • PetitePerfection
    PetitePerfection Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I gained 1 lb.-pretty sure it kicked it right back off today doing 30 day shred level 1 & 2 then a 7 mile run! Let's hope so anyway!
    awesome!!
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options

Booyah!
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Guess we'll see on Saturday if I gained, maintained or lost. :0)
  • LetYourLightShine
    Options
    I only gained 0.3 pounds. Considering how easily 0.3 pounds can be lost, I was pleased!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I'm not weighing till a week after new year. I have undoubtedly gained, but I doubt too much. Realistically, it's incredibly unlikely any of you have gained several pounds in a weekend. If you've weighed in this morning and it's showing a very significant gain, that's obviously water weight, not 'real' weight. Eat healthy, drink water, and most of that will go. Even allowing for the possibility of total Christmas gluttony, you'd have had to eaten 3000 cals above your daily maintenance allowance each day of the weekend to gain more than a pound.

Relax. It happens once a year. It's part of life. Enjoy it, then shake the dust off, and get back to work.

^THIS :D
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Yea got on the scale this morning and was so scared too look but I lost weight :) about 4 lbs mind you I gained right before Christmas and did not weigh myself a week before :)