What MFP should ban

Options
123457»

Replies

• AriannaTiyen42
    AriannaTiyen42 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I could do without those but to each his own.
    What about the "who's your crush" and all the "flirting" posts.
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    What about the "who's your crush" and all the "flirting" posts.

I so agree with this. MFP is NOT a dating site - there are enough of those around already.

I agree!!! Go on another site if you want to flirt!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    It's a forum, I can only imagine how much work they would have if they tried to police content in such a way. I imagine they already have their hands full trying to keep things within the constructs of the rules that they already have.
    ^^^ this ^^^ who picks up the cost for this ? you ? It's free, ad supported. Oh, and freedom of speech, AND freedom of choosing what to read. Best way to stop such posts is give them 0 air time. Don't reply (oops, I just did !)
  • ambieq87
    Options
    anything about HCG
    id say anything that's related to dangerous FAD dieting
  • mattquit
    mattquit Posts: 175
    Options
    lose vs loose

Do you want the topics about lose vs loose to be ban or topics who use loose instead of lose?
    the topic about lose vs loose is already banned or illegal in mfp forums. it is considered attacking a person.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Let's ban sad face. And aspartame.

Hug it out, everyone! Sad Face is no longer sad. He banned himself.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    :yawn: Wow! Thought this would be shut down by now! My morning just got a little better! :drinker:
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    attachment.php?attachmentid=10341&d=1287528280&thumb=1

LMFAO. Carl, this is hilarious!

I agree.. this made it worth it to logon today! :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Oh, and freedom of speech
    Not applicable.
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    [Insert person here] is mean to me because I lost weight.

Why isn't your food diary open debates.

Why is bumping an issue? Bookmarking is not the same as bumping. Bookmarking is personal. Bumping gets replies from others without committing the sin of creating a repetitive thread.

(Being facetious, of course. All debates should rage on!)
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    People who are so freaking serious about a topic that is meant to be fun and playful... HINT, HINT

This topic was meant to fun and playful? Really? Maybe his pals know that the OP meant this as a joke or those who are on the forums often know it was.But just wondering how the general reading audience would know that. :huh:

You're not from around here are you?
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Obviously about 15% of you understand the original intent of posting in Chit Chat fun and games as to me poking fun at it all, I love all those that get it.

The ones that keep complaining that I am complaining and or the "dont read it crowd" ... and the freedom of speech people you obviously have a serious lack in understanding of the phenomena that is known as sarcasm and satire.

Good day!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Obviously about 15% of you understand the original intent of posting in Chit Chat fun and games as to me poking fun at it all, I love all those that get it.

The ones that keep complaining that I am complaining and or the "dont read it crowd" ... and the freedom of speech people you obviously have a serious lack in understanding of the phenomena that is known as sarcasm and satire.

Good day!

I knew you were teasing but just to be honest with you some of the wording of your OP was a bit harsh...right or wrong referring to people as "fat" is going to push some buttons here.
    You may not have been aware of that but is why I posted the "this will not end well" picture.
    Also over the past years there are many that actually work to ban (perhaps stifle is a better term) anything they personally disagree with so even suggesting it as a joke might not be seen that way.
    Trust me,I have as bizarre a sense of humor as anyone and given that sometimes what I intend as a joke goes over like a fart at a wedding.
    All is cool so lets carry on and have fun!
  • Cold_Steel
    Options

Good day!
    I knew you were teasing but just to be honest with you some of the wording of your OP was a bit harsh...right or wrong referring to people as "fat" is going to push some buttons here.
    You may not have been aware of that but is why I posted the "this will not end well" picture.
    Also over the past years there are many that actually work to ban (perhaps stifle is a better term) anything they personally disagree with so even suggesting it as a joke might not be seen that way.
    Trust me,I have as bizarre a sense of humor as anyone and given that sometimes what I intend as a joke goes over like a fart at a wedding.
    All is cool so lets carry on and have fun!

Thank you for the feedback and your apparent sense of common...sense...

Sometimes I say things like the word fat without realizing that some people are sensitive to it. I have been fat for the majority of my life, when I realized I was FAT and not overweight, obese, fluffy, big boned, "husky" etc and came to the realization that I am indeed FAT is when the real healing began.

My wife hates it when I use that word but I believe the first step to solving any problem in life is stripping that problem down from all of the idiosyncrasies that people surround themselves with in order to "soften it" or otherwise minimize the consequences by giving it less than harsh language and so forth. Once you can do that and be honest with yourself I think that is when you can build a strategy to defeat such problems.

The Pearl Harbor attack was not "An Incursion of Japanese Nationals Donating Atoms at a High Velocity to the Sub Tropical State of Hawaii" It was the PEARL HARBOR ATTACK !
  • Cold_Steel
    Options
    removed double post