90 days to a better you challenge... start January 1, 2012

Okay here we go...2012 is coming fast and I am ready for a new me and I am hoping others will join.
I am putting together the 90 days to a better you Challenge.
Each week I will post up a challenge and you guys can post up your results.

If you would like to join post up your
Name
Current weight
Goal weight
What you would like to accomplish in 90 day.
And I would love to do before and after photos. (This is optional)

Challenge will begin January 1, 2012
Ill be using information from the Dr. Oz website to put together the rules and guidelines
I will post them before the New Year, i will also be making a spread sheet with everyones goals and accomplishments

Let motivate and help each other to get healthier, happier and sexier for 2012!
-Mayra

Replies

• chrislin2011
    chrislin2011 Posts: 168 Member
    I would like to join you on this challenge. I have only been on MFP for less than 2 months and this is my first challenge.

Name - Chris (chrislin2011)
    Current weight (204.0 as of 12/28/11)
    Goal weight - 150-165 final goal weight
    What you would like to accomplish in 90 day. - to lose at least 15 pounds in 90 days, getting me down to 189.
  • kismetchi
    kismetchi Posts: 9 Member
    Count me in! Sounds challenging, yet fun :)

Melissa
    Current - 215lbs (as of 12/28/11)
    Goal - 175lbs (155-165 in final goal if I can lose a bit more through toning)
    90 Day goal - I would like to continue on my healthy eating and exercising program, but ramp it up and be in tip top shape to run in my 8K race in March. Work on losing another 20-30lbs in that timeframe also.
    My profile pic is of me taken on 12/9/11 (so pretty current)

Let's rock this out! Love the idea!

9032883.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    I would love to join this challenge!

Name : Natalie (Nharley)
    Current weight : 158lbs
    Goal weight : 135lbs
    What you would like to accomplish in 90 day. : release a pound a week or better without killing myself or starving. 90 days = 12 weeks = 12+ pounds released! Nice and doable!

My profile picture shows my gut & butt problems :)
  • swilliams26
    swilliams26 Posts: 46 Member
    Name:Shareese
    Current:225
    Goal:190
    I will like to accomplish more energy, and confidence:)
  • I want in on this challenge.

Name: Bobbie Jo / ready4achange1
    Current weight : 310
    Goal weight: 290
    What I would like to accomplish in 90 days is making myself accountable , exercising 3 to 4 times a week, and portion control; which is my biggest problem!!
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    This sounds fun
    Name: KP (Pickles)
    Current weight: 155.4
    Ultimate goal weight: 135-140
    In 90 days: Lose 8lbs, make running part of my lifestyle
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Oh and I will put up 'before' (current) photos when the challenge starts. I always find pictures to be the most motivation.
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    I'm in!

Name: Shelle68
    Current weight: 240.6
    Ultimate goal weight: 135-140
    In 90 days: Lose 2+ lbs per week, Stick to my Workout Regimen, Eliminate unhealthy fats totally!
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    I'm in!!!

Name: Cristy (TNGirlyGIrl)
    Current weight (12/28/11) 158.6
    Challenge Goal: Reach my goal weight!! (147) I will re-evalute when I get there... I'm thinking 140 might be do-able for me after all. We will see!!

This is the kick-in-the-butt I need to reach goal (I started April 24, 2011 at 210 and have lost 52 lbs and 4+ dress sizes so far!!)
  • I have lost the plot over the festive period, so am definitely up for this challenge to get my head firmly back in gear!
    I am away with the family over the new year so my challenge will be starting on Jan 3
    Name - Ros
    Current Weight - 180
    Goal Weight - 150
    90 day goal - to lose 15 lbs and to keep my head in gear
  • JennBunny73
    JennBunny73 Posts: 292 Member
    Current weight 191.4
    Goal weight 165 (in 90 days)
    What you would like to accomplish in 90 day. - Keep going...even harder workouts, adding weights. keep recording my food intake
    And I would love to do before and after photos. - I will try to get a before picture
  • JennBunny73
    JennBunny73 Posts: 292 Member
    6588804451_41abafaf3e.jpg
    Novbefore by gordnas24, on Flickr
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    I could use a new challenge!

Name: Melissa (kayakingqueenie)
    Current Weight: 197.6
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 135
    90 Day Goal: Log everything, lose 15 pounds, get it at least 30 minutes of exercise 6 days a week. (I have no problem getting in exercise but it is not always at least 30 minutes)
  • Name - Christina (CBurns85)
    Current weight - 227
    Goal weight - 140
    What you would like to accomplish in 90 day. To be able to run a mile without stopping!
  • This is a great idea! Hopefully it can help me get back into the swing of things after the holidays. :)

Name: Sara (nagicakes)
    Current weight: 159 lbs.
    Goal weight: 145 lbs.
    What you would like to accomplish in 90 day: I'd like to lose at least 10 pounds, start toning up and just being in better shape in general. I'm purchasing my wedding dress in March and I'd like to see if I can go down a size from when I first tried it on!
  • bb_1982
    bb_1982 Posts: 66 Member
    I would like a new challenge to see in the new year! Im 30 in June and would really like to be at my goal weight by then so I really need to pull my finger out and find some motivation!!

Name: bb_1982 (beccy)
    Current weight: 153.4lbs
    Goal weight: 130
    90 Day Goal: To COMPLETE (not dabble with) at least 2 (preferably 3) Jillian Michaels DVDS starting with the 30 day shred (to ease me back into an exercise routine gently!!!

Im going to take some before photos today! After the christmas binge its not pretty :laugh:
  • Momma2fourunder5
    Momma2fourunder5 Posts: 98 Member
    Sounds awesome!!

Name - Mary (SamandJacksmomma)
    Current weight - 212.6
    Goal weight - 180
    What you would like to accomplish in 90 day - I would like to lose 13 lbs which would put me under 200!

Let's do this!!
  • Would LOVE to join!
    Name Jasmine
    Current weight 64 kilograms. 141 lbs
    Goal weight 55 kilograms. 121 lbs
    What you would like to accomplish in 90 day.
    In 90 days, I want to lose at least 4 kilograms/ 9 lbs. I want to be healthier, and make this more of my regular lifestyle. In 90 days, I want to be the person I always wanted to be... In 90 days I want to start liking what I see in the mirror.

LETS DO THIS! :D
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Name: Andrea K
    Current: 210
    Goal: 180
    Reason: I want to be able to fit into a Size medium one day! I went from a 3Xl to a XL
    Oh and to Stop grazing
  • ctlbwilli
    ctlbwilli Posts: 2 Member
    I am in!! I need something to get me motivated after the holidays.

Name - CTLBWilli
    Current weight - 165
    Goal weight - 135
    What you would like to accomplish in 90 day. - Lose 15 pounds; work out at 60%+ of cardio max for 45 minutes at least 5 days a week. Log food daily - staying within my allotted calories.