Do you still drink milk?

Options

Replies

• PrettyDemi
    Options
    Yes, a gallon a week. I would hate to become lactose intolerant.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I find it hilarious that your all still debating this, some people drink it some don't, who cares why lol
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Soy milk, almond milk, rice milk which all have tons of calcium, yes. Cow's milk, no. In fact, just saw the film "Forks Over Knives" and have decided to give up dairy altogether. It's implicated in so many diseases.

:drinker:

Presuming that was a joke... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    This thread is seriously hurting my workout schedule today. Must...walk...away!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    This thread is seriously hurting my workout schedule today. Must...walk...away!

dont forget to have your postworkout chocolate milk shake
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Are people really going to try and give me **** over a typo? Sorry. I don't proof read my mfp posts.

I think he was just trying to inject some humor into what has become a very heated discussion.

I get that. It was funny. This is just a touchy subject for me. Plus I had a few margarita's at Pf Chang's with lunch so I'm a little riled up today... (they have a awesome vegan/vegetarian menu btw! one of the few place I can eat thats not plain and gross)

Did you know a lot of alcohol is filtered through charcoal from burned animal bones?
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    What does feeding your kids have to do with anything? You could feed your kids more healthy and cheaper with a vegan diet. I spend way less money now then I ever did eating meat or dairy. I don't buy fake meat bull**** that is what is expensive, tofu/tempeh are super cheap and easy to make and very healthy. Plus your kids would end up better off being taught its not okay to kill a animal or torture them for food that you don't need.
    ^^^ this :D

I would love to see you consumer 200grams of protein on a vegan diet. Please enlighten me
    [/quote]

Why on earth would I, a 5'4 118 pound female need that much protein. I always get the amount mfp suggests. 45 grams is nothing and I always go over. Almond milk is super high in protein as is hummus, black beans, peanut butter, etc...It's not challenging at all. So there your enlightened.
  • shasha_84
    Options
    I find it hilarious that your all still debating this, some people drink it some don't, who cares why lol
    Thank you!!! Live and let live. I don't judge anyone for what they eat. I make my own choices and I am not going to force my beliefs on anyone else and I HATE having people forcing thier beliefs on me. I choose to be vegan for my own reasons. I don't need to defend my choice.
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    What does feeding your kids have to do with anything? You could feed your kids more healthy and cheaper with a vegan diet. I spend way less money now then I ever did eating meat or dairy. I don't buy fake meat bull**** that is what is expensive, tofu/tempeh are super cheap and easy to make and very healthy. Plus your kids would end up better off being taught its not okay to kill a animal or torture them for food that you don't need.
    ^^^ this :D

I would love to see you consumer 200grams of protein on a vegan diet. Please enlighten me
    [/quote]

Why on earth would I, a 5'4 118 pound female need that much protein. I always get the amount mfp suggests. 45 grams is nothing and I always go over. Almond milk is super high in protein as is hummus, black beans, peanut butter, etc...It's not challenging at all. So there your enlightened.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I drink almond milk.
  • shasha_84
    Options
    Thank you!!! Live and let live. I don't judge anyone for what they eat. I make my own choices and I am not going to force my beliefs on anyone else and I HATE having people forcing thier beliefs on me. I choose to be vegan for my own reasons. I don't need to defend my choice.
  • shasha_84
    Options
  • Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I love whole milk! Unfortunately it doesn't love me so much anymore but if I drink milk, it is whole... anything less than that and it might as well be white colored water and a vitamin supplement...lol

I have been trying to substitue Almond milk or Silk on occassion for the calorie count but so far I can ony tolerate that with alcohol.

When I have milk in cereal, or just a cold yummy glass, it just fits in with my calorie counts and I adjust my workouts accordingly, I refuse to eliminate the foods that are healthy and that I enjoy. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Cow's milk was intended to fatten up little calfs. I have stopped drinking cow's milk and drink DIAMOND BRAND Unsweetended Vanilla Almond Milk. Not Almond Milk the Soy product. It has a much higher nutritional value than cow's milk, it's not a Soy product, and I have found that I actually prefer it to cow's milk in my cereal and smoothies. I used to get a bloated gassy feeling from cow's milk but I don't have that side affect with the Almond Milk.

Here's a link you might find interesting.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/the-healthier-choice-almond-milk-vs-milk.html
  • shasha_84
    Options
    stupid double posts
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Are people really going to try and give me **** over a typo? Sorry. I don't proof read my mfp posts.

I think he was just trying to inject some humor into what has become a very heated discussion.

I get that. It was funny. This is just a touchy subject for me. Plus I had a few margarita's at Pf Chang's with lunch so I'm a little riled up today... (they have a awesome vegan/vegetarian menu btw! one of the few place I can eat thats not plain and gross)

See, this is what puzzles me. You say you are vegan and can't stand the thought of animals suffering, but you'll eat at a restaurant that serves meat. I get that you aren't ordering meat yourself, but aren't you still supporting the practice by eating there?

I mean I guess in some way. But thats no different from me going to Whole foods/Giant/anywhere & buying veggies & tofu/tempeh, I am not adding to the supply and demand of meat at the restaurant by eating a vegan meal their. I would not be able to buy food anywhere if I looked at it that way. The day they open a meat free all vegan grocery store I will be there. I prefer vegan restaurants but while going out with my husband/mother in law/sister in law who all eat meat, I have to compromise & go somewhere we can all eat, even though they would never go to a vegan place with me..... thats another issue.

So do you give your MIL/SIL the same lecture you've given us today? Do you make faces and present them w/ articles about ground beef and feces when they order a burger?

I suspect you RESPECT their decision to eat meat/drink milk - I guess you don't afford that same courtesy to fellow MFP members.

Seriously, the original post was a question about drinking milk versus water & their dietary needs. Instead you decided to give us all a lecture on how horrible we are for eating meat, and animal slavery.

Perhaps you should start a Vegan Group and continue this discussion there.

Sheesh!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    vegan nazi

someone who is a vegan and goes beyond the acceptable ways of professing this fact (wearing t-shirts and patches, handing out leaflets, writing letters, giving presentations, having websites, and so on) and harasses people about their meat/dairy eating ways in a non-joking manner. not to be confused with your garden variety vegan
  • murraycharlie
    Options
    yes. only organic unhomogenized.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Sure do, I love it.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    I just had a hamburger and a glass milk, hmm can we discuss Bacon now?

“Ground beef is usually not simply a chunk of meat run through a grinder. Instead, records and interviews show, a single portion of hamburger meat is often an amalgam of various grades of meat from different parts of cows and even from different slaughterhouses. These cuts of meat are particularly vulnerable to E. coli contamination, food experts and officials say.”
    “The ingredients came from slaughterhouses in Nebraska, Texas and Uruguay, and from a South Dakiota company that processes fatty trimmings and treats them with ammonia to kill bacteria."
    "Those low-grade ingredients are cut from areas of the cow that are more likely to have had contact with feces, which carries E. coli, industry research shows.”

http://www.farmsanctuary.org/issues/factoryfarming/beef/

Enjoy that burger. I'll stick to my home made black bean burger. I'm not a fan of E coli & feces. Oh yeah and cruelty.
    http://www.dailygarnish.com/2010/05/vegan-bean-burger-recipe.html

It was very good thanks, I even killed a tomato, onion and a piece of lettuce to top it with. I savored every part of it right down its medium juicy insides.

Sorry but trying to make your point by being rude only makes me laugh.

I get that your a vegan and I am more than happy for you, but your attack on anyone that has a difference of opinion is quite hilarious. Oh that's right you had alcohol for lunch so that gives you the right...