Do you still drink milk?

Options

Replies

• TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options

“Ground beef is usually not simply a chunk of meat run through a grinder. Instead, records and interviews show, a single portion of hamburger meat is often an amalgam of various grades of meat from different parts of cows and even from different slaughterhouses. These cuts of meat are particularly vulnerable to E. coli contamination, food experts and officials say.”
    “The ingredients came from slaughterhouses in Nebraska, Texas and Uruguay, and from a South Dakota company that processes fatty trimmings and treats them with ammonia to kill bacteria."
    "Those low-grade ingredients are cut from areas of the cow that are more likely to have had contact with feces, which carries E. coli, industry research shows.”

http://www.farmsanctuary.org/issues/factoryfarming/beef/

Enjoy that burger. I'll stick to my home made black bean burger. I'm not a fan of E coli & feces. Oh yeah and cruelty.
    http://www.dailygarnish.com/2010/05/vegan-bean-burger-recipe.html

This is why I try to only eat grass fed cattle (no perfect, but better). In "Food Inc", they talked about how cows that were fed grass for even the last 5 days before being slaughtered had 80% less E coli contamination.

Also, please consider that E coli is not limited to meat products, and there have been countless recalls of vegetables due to E coli contamination.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    I find it hilarious that your all still debating this, some people drink it some don't, who cares why lol

I care because I care about animals. People are uneducated and grow up believing they need milk & they do not at all. Animals don't deserve to suffer for humans. I feel strongly about it. I'm done now though, clearly some people will never change/have no compassion. Its a waste of my time. I'm going to sit here and read my new book with my cat and look at him and know I don't support other animals getting killed!

Enjoy your book :)
  • lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    almond milk but that is just because I am severely lac tos intolerant :glasses:
  • maidjillian
    Options
    Wow...I answered this before I read the heated debate between the veggies and carnivores.

Not sure this is the appropriate place for this. No one is here to get lectured or ridiculed for their life choices. We're here to encourage each other and no one wants to be surrounded by aggressive "talking." I am too old to choose to be around negativity. :-)
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with a family farm. If people want to eat me they should search out places like where you work. They shouldn't support the big factories that don't care about the animals well being or if they are diseased or full of hormones. I have no argument with you, you seem like you actually have a heart.
    Plus your kids would end up better off being taught its not okay to kill a animal or torture them for food that you don't need.
    Sorry I love animals. I am disgusted by the use of animals products.
    I really feel bad for people who have no sense of right or wrong or compassion for animals. You are no better then any animal they deserve to be happy and live free. They don't owe you anything they shouldn't have to suffer because people are awful. Ugh But I don't even know why I say anything because most people are to mean to care so whatever. Keep killing animals and torturing them because you have no conscience.

I'm confused. Where do you draw the line? When/how is it okay to kill an animal, or drink it's milk?

In my opinion its never okay to kill a animal or use its milk. Almond milk is far better for you and no animals suffer to produce it. A cow in nature would only make milk for its young when its pregnant, in factories they are forcibly impregnate and have there calves taken away (if they are male they are turned to veal) (female are forced into the same life as a dairy cow/or meat) and they are milked for human consumption. I don't think it is right for humans to take something from a animal that is not meant for them. Its like animal slavery. They don't deserve to live sad painful lives that revolve around humans "needs" to drink milk eat meat whatever. If your family owns a farm, a chicken lays eggs, leaves them to rot, if you ate them I think thats kinda okay. I wouldn't just because I don't want to eat animal products... But thats better then supporting a dairy/egg farm that abuses their animals and kills them.

Bottom line I personally don't believe in using any animals products. ever.

Those poor almonds...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I find it hilarious that your all still debating this, some people drink it some don't, who cares why lol

I care because I care about animals. People are uneducated and grow up believing they need milk & they do not at all. Animals don't deserve to suffer for humans. I feel strongly about it. I'm done now though, clearly some people will never change/have no compassion. Its a waste of my time. I'm going to sit here and read my new book with my cat and look at him and know I don't support other animals getting killed!

what are you reading? have you seen the dragon tattoo movie? rent the original...much better than the new version

I haven't seen the new American version yet, but I watched all three foreign films and LOVED them!!!

ya..me too...the original swedish name for dragon tattoo movie was "men who hate women" glad they changed it to the book name.

That is so aggravating! There are so many more elements to that story besides just that.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options

What kind of paper is the book made of? Were trees cut down for that book?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

what are you reading? have you seen the dragon tattoo movie? rent the original...much better than the new version

I haven't seen the new American version yet, but I watched all three foreign films and LOVED them!!!

ya..me too...the original swedish name for dragon tattoo movie was "men who hate women" glad they changed it to the book name.

That is so aggravating! There are so many more elements to that story besides just that.

not to spoil the new version for you but I just didnt get to like the main characters as I did in the original ..wait for the rental
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

This is a bizarre argument at this point...I love my cat and dog too...and my cat loves get an occasional treat of milk :happy: I will still enjoy my meat and dairy products, thank you very much. If I had a dinner companion discussing feces I would probably leave and go eat my meat and dairy elsewhere...I understand a person can have passion about a subject, but the poor OP just wanted to know if others drank milk. I think the "to eat or not to eat animal products" thread could have very easily been handled elsewhere...

Oy vay. Happy New Year!
  • Elzecat
    Options
    Dern double post...slow computer, sorry!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Most animals let out a cry when they are wounded. But plants, without a voice to scream, instead let out a smell.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/31/science/31obbug.html

The plants...the plants are screaming! You just can't hear them.

Off to go for a walk now. Chocolate milkshake (or maybe just a cold glass of milk) afterward is optional. But yummy!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Cats are natural carnivores. Do you feed yours meat products?
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Most animals let out a cry when they are wounded. But plants, without a voice to scream, instead let out a smell.

Off to go for a walk now. Chocolate milkshake (or maybe just a cold glass of milk) afterward is optional. But yummy!

I let out smells as well. Does that make me part plant?
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    i guess now would be a bad time to talk about my husbands new ostrich boots he got for christmas?
  • Elzecat
    Options

Enjoy your walk AND your milkshake...be sure to cover your ears so you don't hear the plants!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options

Lol, well, they don't have faces, so what do we care?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I want to know why you never answered the question of why you respect your family's right to choose meat/milk but you can't afford us on the internet the same.
    Shh... she's reading.
  • samatalma
    Options
    Milk is for children under the age of 6. If you are older than that and drinking milk you should probably rethink that.

Whaaaaa? What planet are you living on that you have heard that?!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    I want to know why you never answered the question of why you respect your family's right to choose meat/milk but you can't afford us on the internet the same.
    Shh... she's reading.

EEG what did I miss? i was cleaning my gun
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options

I let out smells as well. Does that make me part plant?
    :laugh: