THE Team - Week 4

Options
tiger.jpg

" Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. "
~~~Mahatma Gandhi

Challenge yourself to work harder this week.

Not JUST Trying Hard Everyday. Trying Harder.

Set some goals. Write them down. Share them with us. Look at them daily.

Don’t just learn something new. Put it into practice.

Everyone welcome to join. Here is last week's thread for what we have been doing: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/41849-the-team-week-3-2-20-09

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options
    tiger.jpg

" Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. "
    ~~~Mahatma Gandhi

Challenge yourself to work harder this week.

Not JUST Trying Hard Everyday. Trying Harder.

Set some goals. Write them down. Share them with us. Look at them daily.

Don’t just learn something new. Put it into practice.

Everyone welcome to join. Here is last week's thread for what we have been doing: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/41849-the-team-week-3-2-20-09
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    cmr, you are so great to keep us motivated! Thanks for the challenge. I think I am going to try to eliminate late night eating this next week. Some of you may have heard me whining about my work schedule and needing to wind down at night in another thread. So, I got some good advise and I am going to follow it. The advise was pretty simple. Have a plan! So, part of my plan is to commit to not eating later than 30 minutes after I get home. Another part of the plan is to take easy to eat food to work so I can grab a bite or two quickly if I can't actually eat a meal. Finally, I will have something really portable with me like a protein bar to eat on the way home to take the edge off the hunger.

Looking forward to weighing in. I Ihave been feeling great! Thanks in large part to you all! :bigsmile:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I can whine too. Pushups are HAAARRRDDD.

ifeelsomuchbetternow.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Can't whine about pushups. Maybe some day, but can't whine about them today. :wink:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    I want to whine....oh my glutes are killing me! P90X is some extreme stuff:cry:

No change in weight. I don't have a problem with this at all. I had used food to medicate with in-laws and teens the week before. I ate well most of this week. So stepping on the scale and being the same was sheer joy for me!

sw277/cw226/gw165/wk-0
  • zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Happy FRIDAY Team, weigh in day and I haven't changed this week, but that's okay,my wog distance will increase and slow and easy is cool. Have a great day.....Zano
    SW/CW/GW 208/196/165
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Happy FRIDAY Team, weigh in day and I haven't changed this week, but that's okay,my wog distance will increase and slow and easy is cool. Have a great day.....Zano
    SW/CW/GW 208/196/165

Zano: W/CW/GW 208/196/165
    Get_fit2009: SW 175/CW 164/GW 140 No change

Looks like I'm in the same boat, Zano! It's ok, I actually expected a gain because I had a bad couple of days in there.

TGIF!
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Zano: W/CW/GW 208/196/165 no change
    prayerfulmom 277/226/165 no change
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    nitag: SW 220- CW 205- GW 145 - 1 lb loss

Gotta run.. Running late.. I will write when I get to the office...
  • chantybear
    Options
    Morning ladies and gents...

How is everyone this morning?
  • prayerfulmom
    Options

yeah, someone with a loss
    You go Nitag!
  • lacijae
    Options
    Hey Teamies! Good work Nitag!

StillKristi - I have to do the same thing! I work at a busy office for a grocery store and if I don't bring along some healthy snacks I'm usually chowing down on the left over chocolate chip muffins and oatmeal cream pies the skinny girl left before my shift :laugh: . Have you tried some of those Kashi TLC bars? I've gotten the Apple Cinnamon kind and it was so good! I also LOVE their Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal (the one with the blueberries on the front). There rest aren't that good to me but this one has the right amount of sweetness and enough protien and fiber to keep me full :bigsmile:

Ok, so this week I lost another 2 lbs...I'm very excited to be on my way downhill again! About 10 more lbs and I should be fitting back into some of my jeans. When I lose more than that I'll have to buy new ones which will just be heaven!!!

lacijae: SW 199 - CW 183.6 - GW 140
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    adopt4 - SW 273/CW 259.9/GW 191 - 1.4 lbs lost

Splurged last nite and ordered Papa Johns... went over by 900 cals but it was worth it! Stressful few days. So would have lost more if not 4 that and TOM... still not bad!

Did treadmill at 3.8 for 100 cals, elliptical for 100 cals, treadmill for 100 cals, another 75 on elliptical. Whew!!
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    adopt4 - SW 273/CW 259.9/GW 191 - 1.4 lbs lost
    healthymom2009: SW208/CW 193/GW150 -3 lbs lost

I am a little amazed at losing 3 lbs because the scale seems to have a mind of its own (I know it can vary up to 5 lbs due to water retention, etc.). I had a couple of splurges this week and missed the gym one day as well and still lost weight. I think building in a small splurge is better than waiting until you burst and then go overboard.

One of my daughters is going to join the weight loss gang because she is feeling "fat". I say good for her! This week I am finishing my gym routine and next week looking for somethiing new to add to my routine...maybe swimming instead. Don't want to lose my momentum. I will definately keep wogging though. I used to jog as a teenager - love those individual sports. Great when you can go for 1.5 miles with minimal rest breaks. Feels great to do that again.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    prayerfulmom,

in-laws AND teens..........Gaah.gifand you didn't gain??yesssmileyf.gif

I wanted to thank you for giving me a "pace" yesterday. I was up to 3.8 for 35 minutes on the treadmill at the gym. Had to cancel membership, though. So I'm developing a new routine. It's a process...

Thanks for all your great posts!

More later, ya'll:flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Healthymom!!!! !! !! !! !! WOOT!

3 pounds!

Calling all Woggers!bikebabevc5.gif

Sign -in so we know who's in now

1. Li4g
    2. Zano
    3. cmr
    4. Healthymom
    5._ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

5.gif
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Healthymom!!!! !! !! !! !! WOOT!

3 pounds!

Calling all Woggers!bikebabevc5.gif

]

LOVE THE WOGGER LADY!!! That is priceless.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I AM the wogger lady... which is most of the reason I can't actually wog...LOL

I have a question, does anyone have exercises (or a DVD they like) that specifically targets the belly and lower abdomen? I don't have time to do much more than I already am at the gym, and I really want to get my cardio in, but this losing weight everywhere but the belly is ticking me off. I can't do the "stick your feet in the air and do a crunch" exercise yet... my core is very weak. Plus the muscles I want to tone are lower than I think that crunch does...

I know you can't "spot reduce" but heck, I hafta try something different!
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey team, :tongue:
    This week sucked. I managed to lose the pound that I gained but no real weightloss so:

SW 257
    CW 239.8
    GW 150

NO CHANGE FOR ME EITHER GUYS :noway:
  • chantybear
    Options
    I AM the wogger lady... which is most of the reason I can't actually wog...LOL

I have a question, does anyone have exercises (or a DVD they like) that specifically targets the belly and lower abdomen? I don't have time to do much more than I already am at the gym, and I really want to get my cardio in, but this losing weight everywhere but the belly is ticking me off. I can't do the "stick your feet in the air and do a crunch" exercise yet... my core is very weak. Plus the muscles I want to tone are lower than I think that crunch does...

I know you can't "spot reduce" but heck, I hafta try something different!

My female fit teacher last year (who was the best!) got us to do some videos from Shape when she was away, and they were pretty good, but most of those videos are really high paced, so you do what you can, and keep trying. They have ab videos, beach body videos, what ever you want videos..:laugh: Give them a try:smile: