THE Team - Week 4

Options

Replies

• stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Never too late dewrrop! cmriverside keeps us all on track every week with a new thread. I love this group of people, they are amazing! If you look back, you will see the rules of the road, which are pretty minimal. We weigh in weekly, most are on Fridays, I am on Monday, and need to shift to Friday, but haven't done it yet. :ohwell: Most everyone checks in pretty regularly, and some only weekly. Everyone is supportive and helpful. :drinker: :drinker: I know there are things I am forgetting, so I will let the seasoned veterans fill you in.

Wanning, glad to add your numbers! :bigsmile: I do have weights at home, both dumb bells and a barbell with weights I can put on and take off. If you want to buy weights, I would suggest thrift stores and yard sales, they always seem to be available inexpensively there. HOWEVER - prrayerfulmom directed me to a great website: about.com check out the exercise section, and specifically, Resistance Band WOrkout for Beginners (or, if you are more fit than I, there are advanced and intermediate options. I think the resistance bands are a better option. They take up almost no room, they aren't so heavy, unsightly and clunky, and much more versatle. And, pretty inexpensive.

Thanks again, prayerful mom! :flowerforyou:

Love you guys :heart:

Have a great day!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Ahhheemm. Ready??

:glasses: Do drop in- dewdrop.:glasses: Huh? Huh? Clever, right?:bigsmile:

Welcome to the group!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Thought I would stop in to say hi this morning! I've been mostly off the computer except to log food the last couple of days. Plus, I am worried that the sneaky computer police at work will catch me surfing around this site during the day. :glasses:

Sounds like many of you are gearing up your exercise. Good for you! :drinker:

This morning is a killer class that I will go to before work. It is a Bosu circuit class. We basically do a step aerobics class using a Bosu ball, which makes you work harder with your core since you have to balance more. Then she makes us do pushups on them (and I agree, they're haaaard!) and then sit ups and squats and by the end I am drenched and I need a nap, but instead I shower and go to work.

Everyone have a great day and I will check in later! :flowerforyou:

Ugggg.. I overslept.. Dogs and cat were up and down last night what seemed like 1000 times.. I am ready to kennel all of them just for a good nights sleep.. Somehow and i don't know how cuz I am *****ing the whole time my husband seems to sleep through it all :devil: He says I don't hear them.. Yeah right!!!!!:grumble:

So I only got 20 mins on the treadmill this morning.. It was fast paced but still, now I have to work out tonight in order to eat dinner...

Hope everyone has had a better morning..

Anita:yawn:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,979 Member
    Options
    Welcome, dewdrop! Nice to see you join us!

No Rules.....

You don't need to weigh in if you don't want to. I am happy if people set their own goals, at their own pace. Share what you think would be comfortable for you, and anything you think is helpful!

Or just anything at all, like if you fall in freezing water, and think it would be fun to tell people :noway:

See you around the Boards.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    wanning, excellent work on the weight loss! :flowerforyou:

healthymom, COOLIO doing the situps challengesitups.gif

Get_Fit, where will I be going on my vacations in 2 1/2 or 3 years??sun_bespectacled.gif

kristi,

photobucket deleted my cheerleader.....and I don't know why.....here's a WOOT for you instead....
    Woohoo-Dance.gif

go kristi, go kristi
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Or just anything at all, like if you fall in freezing water, and think it would be fun to tell people :noway:

OK, then!, you asked for it :wink: . Had two days where I felt like "blah" :ohwell: . Know what I just did? Went out for a jog! :smokin: You know how it feels? Awesome! :drinker:

So for those of you who feel under the weather, do something! :grumble: Don't just hide under the blanket and feel pathetic. You're much more than that. And if you don't buy it, Jillian said so, too. And you believe her, right? :wink:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Well after a very stressful weekend and yesterday... I got to go to the gym this morning without having such a time limit (didn't get to go yesterday at all, *almost* stayed within my calories) and it actually turned my mood around! (boy are my kids happy). I think I'm addicted to the endorphins, although they took a while to come.

Total workout today: 528 calories. 200 on elliptical, 50 on bike, rest on treadmill. Just kept moving back and forth about every 10 mins or 100 calories to shake it up. People may think I'm nuts but it helps me not get too bored with one thing and also lets me have more time overall on the things that are harder, like the elliptical. I'm up to 17 mins... but in 2 segments (for now). I make sure not to rest in between things so my heart rate stays up.

Ethiopian food - I am NOT making injera. 3 days of fermenting... no way. Although it was the best I'd had it at this particular restaurant, either that or I'm getting used to the sour taste....

Happy Tuesday, everyone!
  • nitag
    Options
    Adopt4, it's good to shake up the workouts, I hear it keeps the body from getting bored too...

Ok, I am hungry.. Starving hungry.. I could eat and eat and eat right now.. I've had my oatmeal for breakfast, yogurt for snack, a cheese stick and a weight watchers pizza and I am still hungry.. I've drank 4 bottles of water so far and I am still hungry.. I think it's going to be my TOM soon.. Geeze what do you guys do when you have this feeling.. I don't want to keep eating.. I only have enough calories for dinner (if I do 30 mins on the treadmill)... Any ideas.. I want a cheeseburger :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • nitag
    Options

OK, then!, you asked for it :wink: . Had two days where I felt like "blah" :ohwell: . Know what I just did? Went out for a jog! :smokin: You know how it feels? Awesome! :drinker:

So for those of you who feel under the weather, do something! :grumble: Don't just hide under the blanket and feel pathetic. You're much more than that. And if you don't buy it, Jillian said so, too. And you believe her, right? :wink:

I have to agree with you.. Although I am not a huge Jillian fan (I like Bob) she has something goin for her..
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    .. Geeze what do you guys do when you have this feeling.. I don't want to keep eating.. I only have enough calories for dinner (if I do 30 mins on the treadmill)... Any ideas.. I want a

carbonated diet soda or hot tea or lowcal/lowfat hot cocoa:drinker:

I'm using this trick right now=)
  • lulubar
    Options
    .. Geeze what do you guys do when you have this feeling.. I don't want to keep eating.. I only have enough calories for dinner (if I do 30 mins on the treadmill)... Any ideas.. I want a

carbonated diet soda or hot tea or lowcal/lowfat hot cocoa:drinker:

I'm using this trick right now=)

I squeeze lemon or lime on some melty ice and chomp away!
  • lulubar
    Options

Total workout today: 528 calories. 200 on elliptical, 50 on bike, rest on treadmill. Just kept moving back and forth about every 10 mins or 100 calories to shake it up. People may think I'm nuts but it helps me not get too bored with one thing and also lets me have more time overall on the things that are harder, like the elliptical. I'm up to 17 mins... but in 2 segments (for now). I make sure not to rest in between things so my heart rate stays up.

3D_emoticon_208.gif

you are blowin' my mind woman!! Way to goooooo!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Howdy ya'll!!

Again, sorry I havent been around too much. Just got caught up with posts....

OMG CM.. a fall into the sound... BRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! Talk about a bone chilling experience! I couldnt imagine going for a swim in our freezing Washington weather. Heck I can barely stand to be outside after dark WITH a jacket when Im DRY!! <shivers> Glad you didnt get hurt!!

Yesterday at the gym- Gets lonely when I dont have someone to chat my ear off.. LOL.. Since adopt4 didnt make it... it was grueling! I spent 1/2 hour doing weights. 90 crunches on the ab machine at 65lbs and then worked my arms. Headed up stairs and did 350 cals between the treadmill and stairmaster. Never had done the stairmaster before. I was sweating so bad after 10 minutes I had it dripping off my WRISTS!!.. LOL of all places! I decided I was done at 350 cuz I needed to eat. I made the HORRIBLE mistake of not eating breakfast before going so I was running out of steam fast! Got home, ate and got some stuff done. Decided to go to water aerobics at 6pm. Got there 1/2 hour early, sat in the jacuzzi for 15 minutes then swam underwater laps for 15 minutes before the class started. Had a good class!! Wasnt too hard and she mostly focused on legs this time which I was greatful for since I had already worked my arms earlier. Once that was done I sat in the sauna for 15 minutes, showered, came home.. had dinner and sat here working on my website until 1:30am!!! (btw its 99%done http://www.sweet-celebrations.com) UGH!

I woke up to adopt4 calling to wake my *kitten* up at 9:30. LOL Good thing she called too cuz I woulda slept till noon! I was soooooooo sore! I took some motrin, had breakfast and coffee and then out the door to the gym again. I got there just as adopt4 was finishing up. So....today was treadmill for 50 minutes (slowwww 3.2 pace burned 350 cals), stairmaster for 10 minutes (another 50 cals) then the elliptical (which is muchhhhhh easier once youve been on that stairmaster..lol) for 100 to reach my 500 goal for the day.

I feel my abs bigtime from yesterday. Between the swimming AND the weights they are cursing me every time i have to use them. I babysat today also and had a 3 month old that weighs in at about 14 pounds.....I thought I was gonna die everytime I picked him up!! LOL Dont get me wrong, I aint complainin....its nice to know all those crunches accomplished something!!

Im hittin the sack early tonight. Catch up on my sleep and see if I can make it to the gym earlier. Tomorrow is a wogging day for sure... havent ran at all yet this week.
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Ahhheemm. Ready??

:glasses: Do drop in- dewdrop.:glasses: Huh? Huh? Clever, right?:bigsmile:

Welcome to the group!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: and top it off with a big cheezy grin! :bigsmile:
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Ok, when you all talk about your exercise, I must say I feel like the kid sitting on the side lines with a broken leg! :cry: Don't get me wrong, I am exercising, but compared to you'all, (which I know is stupid, but for some reason, I can't help that. :grumble: ) I feel like I am doing nothing at all. I guess what I am trying to say is, I am not very patient :frown: and I want to be further along than I am. One of the things I know about this particular frame of mind is that it could undermine my resolve. I know I need to reframe it, and perhaps that is what I need a little help with. I guess its just a little difficult being so far behind everyone else. :ohwell:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Kristi,

I understand your frustration, I get frustrated when I try something new, too.

Li4g has been at this for a while, so has prayerfulmom. And adopt4 has been working out with Li4g. But the higher your weight is, and the less "in shape" you are, the more calories you will burn. What kind of exercise are you doing?

Start slow, you don't want to injure yourself and really sideline your frame of mind. Try to spend 30 minutes a day doing whatever you can, even if it is walking 15 minutes and using your stretch bands for 15 minutes.

You heard me complaining, I have trouble running and the push-ups are kickin' my *kitten* as well! But every day I am able to do a bit more - and that is the way it works. You start out not being able to do anything, we all do. You aren't going to catch up to them - you are on your own path. There is no perfection....right, JLS?? Just be where you are.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Zano: W/CW/GW 208/196/165 no change
    Get_fit2009: SW 175/CW 164/GW 140 No change
    prayerfulmom 277/226/165 no change
    nitag: SW 220- CW 205- GW 145 - 1 lb loss
    lacijae: SW 199 - CW 183.6 - GW 140
    adopt4 - SW 273/CW 259.9/GW 191 - 1.4 lbs lost
    healthymom2009: SW208/CW 193/GW150 -3 lbs lost
    kelleighanne- SW 171/ CW 164.5/GW 159 -0.5 lost
    LosingIt4Good- SW 228/CW 224/GW 175 -4lbs lost
    stillkristi - SW 461 - CW 446.4 - GW 195 - 3.6 lbs lost
    Wanning sw 262 cw 248 gw 165 – total lost 14 lbs
  • stillkristi
    Options
    "There is no perfection....right, JLS??" :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: Using my own words against me, cmr! :laugh: Pretty good tactic. :wink: I tuck my attitude in and trundle off...

Ok, so as to your other question, I am doing mostly strength training. My knees are really shot, (as in knee replacement in the pretty near future) so I can't do much walking. And, before anyone mentions the s word, there is the little problem of swimwear, :blushing: which I find terrifying. So, not ready to go there in a public place yet. The good news (I think its good... actually, it isn't that good, but it is news of a sort) is that since I am so out of shape, strength training is also pretty aerobic for me. So, my cardio is mostly stretching and very low impact. As for strength training, I have been working out about three times a week for about 20 minutes at a time. Working up to 30, and then more frequently. Thanks to prayerfulmom, I have some fun new resistance band stuff to do. :happy:

Part of the problem, of course is that this is NOT new for me, I've done it before. But, I've never been this out of shape before, so, I find myself frustrated that I can't just jump in where I left off, 8 years ago. :grumble: (I know it isn't logical, its not my brain, its my feelings we are talking about here. :blushing: )

Probably the best thing you could say, (or rather, the best thing you DID say was " You aren't going to catch up to them - you are on your own path." That's just the zenish stuff I needed to hear. Seriously, you are right. It is my path. I just needed to vent a little, so don't everyone feel like you need to rescue me. You all already provide a tremendous amount of support, for which I am extremely grateful! :flowerforyou: Thanks!

And, on the bright side, you are right, being so heavy and out of shape, I really do burn a lot of calories with a little exertion. For example, adopt4 said she burned 50 cals on the bike (I think?) before having to make a pit stop? Well, I can pretty much count on burning 50 cals putting on my shoes. :blushing: .

Thanks my friend, for redirecting me. I needed that!
    :heart:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I have to rescue EVERYONE:tongue: I'm an only child, with no kids of my own, no husband, and I have CATS!................... (who really only want me 10 minutes a day each..... )