THE Team - Week 4

Options

Replies

• zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi TEAM, I feel like I'm on a plateau. I'm still wogging, and I've included an hour on a stationary bike (every day I don't wog), so I know I'll see progress this week. The "YOU on a diet" book is sorta technical, which is good, the authors make it easy to understand. Has anyone tried "hot" yoga? Looks like fun but the sitting on my knees looks stressful, anyway... Have a terrific day...Zano
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    wanning- please let me say that I am sorry for your loss. I'm proud of you for maintaining during this difficult time. welcome back!

agapita-sound like your doing great on movement. keep it up=) welcome back.

Zano- I've got one word for you, "Intervals". One key thing in exercise is to keep it mixed up. Sticking some intervals in there will help. Also, on training plans for say running, cycling, triathlons etc you build and build for 3 weeks then taper back the 4th. It confuses the body. Also when training its good to add one speed day workout in. If your cycling and running you would want to do a speed day for both. Not back to back though. Haven't had the urge to try hot yoga:tongue: If you do it you'll have to let us know how you like it. One thing about yoga is that you become more flexible with time. So don't let the sitting on your knees thing hang you up.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! So, its Monday, and I have finally weighed in! I have to admit, I weighed on Saturday, and the darn scale was just stubborn and standing still, as though I hadn't lost a pound! :sad: But, after a conversation with exercise is free, I tried on some clothes that I hadn't been able to wear and found to my delight and surprose that I could wear them! So I knew I was on the right track. Then, I realized that one reason for the problem the scale was having :wink: might be the monthly party, which isn't actually monthly any more, so I kind of forget to factor it in. So, I decided to wait until Monday, which is my official week. So, here are the new numbers!

Zano: W/CW/GW 208/196/165 no change
    Get_fit2009: SW 175/CW 164/GW 140 No change
    prayerfulmom 277/226/165 no change
    nitag: SW 220- CW 205- GW 145 - 1 lb loss
    lacijae: SW 199 - CW 183.6 - GW 140
    adopt4 - SW 273/CW 259.9/GW 191 - 1.4 lbs lost
    healthymom2009: SW208/CW 193/GW150 -3 lbs lost
    kelleighanne- SW 171/ CW 164.5/GW 159 -0.5 lost
    LosingIt4Good- SW 228/CW 224/GW 175 -4lbs lost
    stillkristi - SW 461 - CW 446.4 - GW 195 - 3.6 lbs lost

Hope everyone is doing well this morning! I was so excited to post this that I didn't take time to read new posts yet. Now I will go back and do so! :bigsmile:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh!!!!! I have missed you all soooooo much! My internet server crashed and I have been lost in the netherworld, disconnected and bewildered! But alas!! I have returned, riding the internet wave and once again seeking the solidarity of my cyberfriend circle!:bigsmile: Jimminy-christmas people! It is NOT good to be out here, unanchored and flailing, tossed about by old habits and feelings and cravings!! I didn't realize how much I neeeeeeeeeeed you all!

BUT, I am happy to report that I only veered off track one night and that was Friday when I went to Sicily's Pizza for dinner - I'm too embarrased to even tell you what all I ate:sick: - suffice it to say, I was still full late Saturday afternoon...:blushing:

Okay, Friday's weighin:
    Zano: W/CW/GW 208/196/165 no change
    Get_fit2009: SW 175/CW 164/GW 140 No change
    prayerfulmom 277/226/165 no change
    nitag: SW 220- CW 205- GW 145 - 1 lb loss
    lacijae: SW 199 - CW 183.6 - GW 140
    adopt4 - SW 273/CW 259.9/GW 191 - 1.4 lbs lost
    healthymom2009: SW208/CW 193/GW150 -3 lbs lost
    kelleighanne- SW 171/ CW 164.5/GW 159 -0.5 lost
    lulubar - SW205/CW195/GW145 - 1 lb lost

I lost the pound I had gained the week before...:ohwell: which leaves me at pretty flat for the last 3 weeks. I am going to have to make some changes this week...:grumble:

I'm gonna catch up reading all your posts now.... Wow, it's good to be back!!!
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Kristi- wowzer! That is amazing. Your doing awesome. I hope that you treat yourself with kind words to your soul today. All the little changes you've made are adding up to huge results. In awe..:noway:

Lulu- oh how we miss you lovely posts. They are quite humorus. Glad you picked yourself up and dusted yourself off and are back in the saddle.

ok, i've managed to postpone the dreadmill for an hour now. I have to do a very long run on the treadmill again. I better get my behind up and run. I'm soooo ready for the spring. I just don't know if I can take one more day of the treadmill and bike trainer. :sad: I want the fresh air blowing in my face. The sound of the birds chirping and frogs ribbiting. Oh how I long for the spring. Soon I suspect. If I pop on her 1x in the next 3 1/2 hours please scold me.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone.. :wink:

Rain Rain Rain and more rain.. I love the rain.. Just wish I was home instead of at work..

I just wanted to pop in for a min and say hello and see what everyone is up too...

I will talk later..

Anita:bigsmile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,979 Member
    Options
    YAY!
    Wanning, agapita and wuwu are back!happydance-2.gif

wanning, so sorry to hear of your grandfather's death. I'm glad you are back to taking care of you.

agapita, have the hubbie buy you a GPS - yikes, getting lost on the trail sounds like an adventure!

wuwu, hug.gif sorry you were internetless. I would be in trouble! My life is on this laptop........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I MUST get off the computer. I came here 3 hous ago to log food....Gaah.gif
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Oh, one more thing....

go kristi, go kristi, go kristi cheerleader3-1.gif
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Sheesh, stuff has been crazy around here, sorry I haven't checked in in the last few days...

We took our new boys (ethiopian) to an ethiopian restaurant last night for the first time - they've been home nearly six months. There's just NO WAY to calculate that stuff... The food is piled on top of injera which is a squishy bread-type mixture that you scoop food up in and eat it... no utensils, no plates... So I ate until I'd had enough. But then today the scale said I'd gained 1.5 pounds??!? Wonder if I didn't drink enough water with all the craziness and so I"m bloated? Or it's because I've been paying for that Ethiopian food all day (too much for my system)?? So I'm bummed.

Got a few brand new tshirts at the Value Village with li4g, and a couple of workout pants that were all really cheap. So now i have enough to get thru a few days of exercise without doing laundry...

Had to cut my workout short yesterday, and haven't gone yet today, have to wait until tonight. Depressing...

I did reset my goals to use 400 calories per workout... I was shooting for 300 - 5x wk and then figured out it was really 428 but because I was going 7 days a week I was able to do it... so now I'm shooting for 400 both in real life and in my goals, which is my new challenge.

I've been doing good switching between elliptical and treadmill 100 cals at a time... even threw a bike in there, that's helping me do more calories and not kill myself because I'm switching it up. Although I'm soaking wet by the end, at least I can still breathe!

stillkristi - some of your posts make me laugh out loud! (which brings all 3 boys running to the computer wondering what I'm laughing at)
  • stillkristi
    Options
    You guys and gals are all the best!!! Thanks for being so supportive and caring! You really make this journey possible for me! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

cmr, I need a lesson in using photobucket and where to find all those great emoticons. I love them!! I really love the little cheer leader!

adopt4, I am sending vitrual :sick: tums :sick: your way. So sorry! See you all tomorrow if I don't get back tonight.

Oh, exercise is going s l o w I probably need to get to a gym, :blushing: But I am still really unsure of myself, so prefer to do what I can at home. I have a small bench, various sizes of weights, bar bell and dumb bells, Those tubular exercise bands in various sizes and a wall for vertical push-ups. Any suggestions?
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    skill- http://exercise.about.com/cs/exerciseworkouts/l/blresistanceban.htm
    enjoy=)

cm- this is for you
    http://www.coachdino.org/runwalk.htm

adopt4- stay away from the scales! that's why weekly weigh in are better. You don't torture yourself during the week. I do know your pain. I love Indian food but so hard to calculate.
    http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/ethiopian-food/doro-wat didn't want you to feel left out. LOL. Seriously, if you ate controlled then don't stress. Enjoy the experience with your kids. What a treat for them. Maybe mom can learn to cook some of it and calculate her own calories=) Now I'm intrigued and may have to research some recipes. I love foods from different cultures. If my family had been with me in Cambodia I may have never come home.

OK, managed 10 miles on the dreadmill and 1 hour on the bike trainer....and why is the sun shinning now? It poured all day and now pretends like its good weather for a run.:grumble: In due time I suppose. If I want to do water sports this summer I better be patient and allow the lakes to fill from our 3 year drought.

Tomorrow: weights and speed workout for running. Need to start psyching myself up now.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Hi, again!

prayerfulmom~~I went for a splendid run, all I can do is try to increase my pace... Thanks for your link, I cannot figure it out. The decimals in the miles and the minutes and seconds are too confusing.
    All I know is I ran my 3.25 miles in 55:40 on Saturday, and 51:34 today. So I'm happy. I shaved 4:06 off my time.
    If it was even numbers, I would be able to figure it out......like 3 miles exactly.
    You should move to WA, everyone else from CA is here, and the birds were singing and it was a glorious day.
    ~~~~
    adopt4 - I so love the Ethiopian people. I worked with a lot of them in my last job, and they are the most beautiful and sweet people. You are lucky to have found the boys! We'll have to talk more about that.
    ~~~~~~~
    kristi - I hate the gym, too. Some people love it. My gym close to my home was so ridiculously expensive, and I live on a 40 mile long bike trail along a river and lake. I'll be happy with my DVDs, resistance bands and the trail. I love the cheery cheerleader girl too :love:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Must eat more food......I had a protein shake after my run, but now time for a shower and dinner...:glasses:
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Thanks, prayerful mom. I checked out the website! Its great, however, I went to the beginners section.
    :smile: Gonna work just fine! :bigsmile:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Okay, throughout the day I think I finally got caught up on all the posts. Man, you guys have been busy!

Wanning - I'm so sorry about your grandfather. I'm sure it means very much to your grandmother to have you with her. Prayers for you and your family. And a birthday in there too - what a rollercoaster life can be ~ I hope you had a very happy birthday.

gonabfit - Where we cruising to?? I wanna go!

agapita - good to have you and wanning here! Missed you.

cm - thanks for the hug! I needed that a bunch. I was sooo messed up without my laptop, trust me! I felt a little pathetic when I realized just how much of my life is tied into this darn thing! But then I remembered - oh yeah, that's how I make money!! Not so pathetic after all! Whew!! :happy: So, you fell in the Sound, huh? Isn't it a bit chilly for a dip in your part of the country?? Maybe you should hike in a wetsuit when you're out that way again... hehe. Seriously though - soooo glad you're okay. Gotta admit, I would love to see a pic of you in those shopping-bag-shorts:bigsmile: - And, must say I am jealous of how cute you look in that hat! I am NOT a hat person.:ohwell:

adopt4, li4g, anita, renayeb, zano, healthymom, prayerful, chanty, stillkristi,getfit, kelleighanne, lacijae - (hope I didn't leave anybody out) Happy Monday! Love your posts - missed you all!

Chanty - ick! a 5 hour biology lab?? Well, at least you were outdoors, hope you had fun! But better yet, hope you made a good grade.:flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Gotta admit, I would love to see a pic of you in those shopping-bag-shorts - And, must say I am jealous of how cute you look in that hat! I am NOT a hat person

:angry: Those are the last pictures ever taken with my less-than-one-year-old camera. I'm online searching for a replacement. I was happy the SD card still worked - I took it out of the camera right away and gently wiped it with a damp handkerchief. Camera = TOAST.

The hat is from Tibet. It is my fun little look! I have lots of - (too many) - hats.
  • Mette
    Mette Posts: 29
    Options
    First - thanks for all the prayers and thoughts for my family - we're all doing much better.

Stillkristi - I would like to have my numbers on your list :

sw 262 cw 248 gw 165

And I have a q - when you do weights at home - how do you do it ? Have you bought weights or can you do it without ? I would like to start lifting at home.

Have a nice day ! :wink:
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    wanning- please let me say that I am sorry for your loss. I'm proud of you for maintaining during this difficult time. welcome back!

agapita-sound like your doing great on movement. keep it up=) welcome back.

Zano- I've got one word for you, "Intervals". One key thing in exercise is to keep it mixed up. Sticking some intervals in there will help. Also, on training plans for say running, cycling, triathlons etc you build and build for 3 weeks then taper back the 4th. It confuses the body. Also when training its good to add one speed day workout in. If your cycling and running you would want to do a speed day for both. Not back to back though. Haven't had the urge to try hot yoga:tongue: If you do it you'll have to let us know how you like it. One thing about yoga is that you become more flexible with time. So don't let the sitting on your knees thing hang you up.

prayerfulmom - thanks for the insight! I have been so SLOW this week. I know it's time to mix up the routine. I am getting bored, so my body must be too :yawn:

Therefore I signed up for 200 situps.com and am going swimming this week. Great calorie burner - already looked it up.

lulubar - we missed you!!!! Glad you are back.

wanning - sorry for your loss. its very difficult to stick to a weight loss plan with family upset. Good for you to return to us.

stillkristy - I am still nervous about the gym. I try to pick a time when its not busy with "stick people". I go there focussed on what I have to do. I notice that I am there every day but the stick people come and go without really working out. Sometimes my treadmill goes faster than theirs! :huh: Anyway those of us who are dedicated (no matter our size) have respect for each other and I avoid the rest. :drinker:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone.. :wink:

Rain Rain Rain and more rain.. I love the rain.. Just wish I was home instead of at work..

I just wanted to pop in for a min and say hello and see what everyone is up too...

I will talk later..

Anita:bigsmile:

I guess the grass is always greener. We have rain ALL the time and I am starting to get tired of it. 3 more years - actually, 2 1/2 now - and my youngest will graduate and then we can move to a sunnier climate!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Thought I would stop in to say hi this morning! I've been mostly off the computer except to log food the last couple of days. Plus, I am worried that the sneaky computer police at work will catch me surfing around this site during the day. :glasses:

Sounds like many of you are gearing up your exercise. Good for you! :drinker:

This morning is a killer class that I will go to before work. It is a Bosu circuit class. We basically do a step aerobics class using a Bosu ball, which makes you work harder with your core since you have to balance more. Then she makes us do pushups on them (and I agree, they're haaaard!) and then sit ups and squats and by the end I am drenched and I need a nap, but instead I shower and go to work.

Everyone have a great day and I will check in later! :flowerforyou:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Not sure what I'm getting myself into :laugh: , but I'm hopping on :wink: . It isn't too late, is it? :embarassed: Some day soon I'll try catch up with all the posts in this topic, hehe :embarassed: