THE Team - Week 4

Options

Replies

• stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Thanks! When you were describing you, it could have been me, except for the only child part. I have a brother and a sister. Otherwise, pretty mjch the same. Oh, I also have a small, crazed dog. Looks like Stimpy (or is it Rin?)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,979 Member
    Options
    Thanks! When you were describing you, it could have been me, except for the only child part. I have a brother and a sister. Otherwise, pretty mjch the same. Oh, I also have a small, crazed dog. Looks like Stimpy (or is it Rin?)

baby pictures? :love: (of Stimpy.....)

I had a friend tell me once (about myself, when I was trying to "rescue" a lonely friend who had upset someone.....,"Takes one to know one.") I have no family, at all. Except a few cousins - on the East Coast.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    That would be odd for me, I have quite a bit of extended family on both sides. I thought I had some pics of Dobie (min pin) and the cats, but they are on my phone, not computer, so I can't show you tonight. He is pretty well bossed around by the cats, though he makes a valient effort to behave like an alpha male at times. But, well, no one really believes him. :happy: I have four lovely nieces, three of which are pictured on my profile pics. I have taken a certain amount of pain to be the favorite aunt and been quite clear that they are to care for me in my old age. :wink:

Regarding your friend with the takes one to know one comment. Hmmm, I'm sorry, but I think more people caring enough to put them selives out for their friends is not a bad thing. :frown: So, in my book, you are doing the right thing.

Thanks again for being there for me, too.

NIght night! :yawn:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    well, okay, then. Pictures some other time! I'm glad we met kristi, even if it is"cyber-friends."

I'm off to bed. Talk to you tomorrow.

:flowerforyou: :yawn:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Kristi, keep doing what your doing. Remember that 11 pound loss at the start of all this? Your doing great!! CM is absolutely right. Go this at your own pace! Before you know it you will be able to do stuff you havent done in a while. If anyone knows that that is true it is me.

I keep telling adopt4 at the gym to set her own goals and shoot for them because that got me to the point I am now. She started a couple weeks after I had been going to the gym and she saw how much more energy I had. Now shes adding in new stuff to confuse her body so she can keep losing at a good rate. The more you confuse your muscles, the harder they work. I have to do the same thing and about every 4 weeks I have to change my routine. For the last month Ive been lifting weights....now Im on a month of cardio stuff and not so much weights. I didnt start wogging until this group started 4 weeks ago. Its hard to run and honestly if I didnt want to be able to go run with my uber athletic 17 year old cross country and track star daughter someday... I wouldnt do it.. LOL

I started this journey on Jan 6th and have worked out 5 days a week since I started. Before I found MFP I was a couch potato who could demolish a loaf of french bread and a bowl of spinach dip as a snack while watching movies. LOL!! I dont EVEN want to know how many calories THAT was! Im also addicted to BBQd food and Chocolate! All in moderation now of course.. I couldnt give those 2 things up if I tried!

The one thing that nobody here knows about me (except adopt 4) is that I am also a smoker (of 20 years!)...yeah yeah, I know I need to quit....thats coming next. Im battling the weight issue first! One major lifestyle change at a time. When I get on here and talk about what Ive done at the gym...especially in terms of cardio... its mainly because I am so SHOCKED that i was able to do it without falling over dying or gasping for breath.

Just the fact that you are here, working out, loggin yer food... THAT is a big step. Keep it up and you WILL see great things for yourself. Do what works for you, set some goals and do your best. :)

Oh.. and BTW.. I too typically have to rescue people. I have 1 brother that is 5 years older than me... but is more like 10 years younger maturity wise. LOL I have my moments...so Im sure you'll hear me venting about them. Its nice to know this group is there for us :)
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Im out of sugar free chocolate milk powder!!!
    No chocolate milk for me before bed....:sad:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Ahhheemm. Ready??

:glasses: Do drop in- dewdrop.:glasses: Huh? Huh? Clever, right?:bigsmile:

Welcome to the group!

Yep, clever :drinker: :laugh: :love: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
    Cheers. I'll do my best to make these "Welcome"s worth it! :wink:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    it actually turned my mood around! (boy are my kids happy). I think I'm addicted to the endorphins, although they took a while to come.

I know what you mean! After the jog last night, I started my day today by lifting some weights at home. And I'm not the "exercise in the morning" type. Still, it was worth it! So let's keep the good mood coming! 1h workout makes 23hrs worth it. :wink: (well, not doing proper maths there, but I hope you got my point)

CM, what a nice bunch you put together here! :love:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Welcome, dewdrop! Hey, the nice thing about exercising in the morning is you are burning all day and it helps wake you up! :happy:

stillkristie, part of what is nice about this group is we are all at different levels and we all come here to share. Just do your thing! Add on new exercises one at a time as you are able and don't worry about everyone else!

CMR - I am not sure where the new vacation spot will be! That is part of the fun of it. We will probably give it a couple extra years to see where the boys land ( I don't want to be TOO far away from them) but then we can really go anywhere we want since we don't have to worry about them going to public school any more! Kona? Santa Barbara? Yakima? (Ok, I threw that last one in to see if you were paying attention:laugh: ).

Li4g, you are gonna be one buff woman! You go! :drinker:

Ok, I gotta go make my lunch for work and then I have my fun step class. I like it because I just have fun for an hour and don't really think about how hard I am working and I burn around 550 calories. Yay!:happy:

Have a great day, everyone!
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    losingitforgood- Wowzer! Nice knocking down some calories. I can relate to the abs. Kept sneezing and it was agony yesterday=)

Kristi- please don't compare yourself to others. You have to be the best you. I've been training for several years. I started out simply walking. You wouldn't want to dive full in and injure yourself. This is a personal journey of discovery. Its a time for us to learn to love and respect ourselves and our uniqueness.
    Your doing something right chica cause you are melting away the pounds. That made me think. I used Leslie Samones walk away the pounds videos for a long time. Be the best that you can be. I kept thinking about the gym thing too. First let me preficit this by saying I'd much rather be outdoors. With that being said I recall not wanting to go to the gym because I was concerned I'd be mocked by others. There are two things I learned: 1) most people are so concerned with their own workout they aren't giving me a thought 2) those that do make remarks aren't worth the time of day. One day while in the locker room getting ready for work a lady made a comment about someone else and how they'd be gone in no time. I quickly put her in place. I pointed out I had lost 80lbs and had consistently come to the gym for a couple of years. Our hats should be off to those trying. She quickly quieted her mouth.=)
    BTW, the bike has helped my knee tremendously. I started easy.

dewdrop- i like your attitude. I rise at 3:45am to get in my workout before work. Oh, its not easy but boy am i energetic when I do.

getfit2009- that bosu class intrigued me. I bet that is challenging. you go girl! Enjoy your step class.

Yesterday I got in a speedworkout and upperbody weights.
    Today I got in a 3 mile run and 45 min of yoga. Hoping for a break in rain so I can get a stroll at lunch.
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Morning guys,

If you have noticed I haven't really been posting for the last couple days, it is because I have a crap load of exams, and papers due next week, soooo...not to much internet for me!
    ...but if you didn't notice I wasn't posting then never mind :tongue:

Talk to you guys on the weekend probably!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Morning guys,

If you have noticed I haven't really been posting for the last couple days, it is because I have a crap load of exams, and papers due next week, soooo...not to much internet for me!

Well, I just noticed you posting this - does that make up for it? :tongue: Actually, I wasn't on THE team till yday, so this should explain it.

Good luck with your exams :wink: and good for you that you're staying away from Internet for the time being. Let us know how it went when they're finished - we'll still be here :wink: .
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Morning guys,

If you come back on before the weekend we will scold you=)
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone... I am off today.. Love my Wed. off... I just got in 50 mins of cardio and 15 mins of light weights... I am now ready to start my day...

Have a good day....

Anita
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Chantybear!!!!! I was missing you - first you were here and I was gone, then I was here and you were gone - I'm glad to see you're still around! Do good on all your tests - study, study, study - and as my granddaddy used to say: "Make a hunnerd."
    thAddEmoticons04225.gif
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    ughhhh.. i have brain drain. I woke up with a horrible, eye pounding headache. I either slept wrong or my allergies are flaring up. I took a motrin and an allergy pill, had a huge bowl of raisin bran and just finished a cup of coffee. Its still lingering around and obviously my gym motivation is out the window so adopt4 had to go it alone today. I have little ones from 12:30-3:30 so maybe if I feel better I'll go to the gym later this afternoon. I may just call it my day off and go tomorrow instead. We'll see how I feel in a few hours. Im prayin the motrin & allergy pill will keep this from turning into a bad migraine.

Chanty- good luck with those exams!!

nitag- gj with your workout this morning!!

Prayerful- achoooo.. lol.. you hit the nail on the head!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    LI4G - on February 1 two years ago I promised my dad that if he would quit smoking, so would I. He made the promise with me. That was on a Friday and on Sunday he quit. Monday morning he had a massive heart attack, he never regained consciousness and on Wednesday he died. It was unexpected and heartbreaking to say the least - not long after he died, I realized that I really did have to quit smoking 'cuz there was no way to take back my promise - and I was pretty ticked off 'cuz he took the easy way out - no withdrawal, no cravings, no having to change ALLLLL his habits to avoid cigarettes - the big CHEAT! And I also realized that my sweet dad, dead of a heart attack at age 65 would probably not have suffered that fate if he had taken better care of himself - if he had quit smoking a long time ago. I was stuck with a promise and with the guilt of knowing my dad didn't have to die that way.

I knew that the reason I had not wanted to quit was because I didn't want to gain a bunch of weight. I had to decide that in the long run, a 15 to 20 weight gain was acceptable in order to get off the smokes - I was already about 30 lbs overweight. I went to the Dr. and got a prescription for Chantix. It was a miracle drug for me - I quit smoking March 29, 2007 - stayed on the drug for about 40 days - and barely had a craving. I gained 30 lbs over the last two years - but I also was not exercising, or eating right, AND I also had a complete hysterectomy during that time which COMPLETELY messed with my body and metabolism!

Now, I am paying attention to getting the weight off - to getting healthy in a whole new way - and I LOOOOVE being a non-smoker! I can not believe the amount of freedom it has given me.

Just thought I'd share my quitting story with you for what it's worth ~ also - since I quit, I very very rarely have allergy flare-ups - :smile: I am the last person that will ever preach to anyone about quitting, so please don't take my post as that - it's just meant to be a seed of encouragement to show it's possible - and it's possible that it not be excruciatingly hard....:flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    3/4/09

Can I just say, you all are the BEST! I look forward to hearing from all of you.

Get_Fit, Kona, please. I have a dive-club meeting tonight. There are some great SCUBA opportunities in Kona….scubaemo.gif

prayerfulmom, owie :wink: PX90 BABE!

dewdrop, glad to see you back at it !!! I wish I could take credit for this great group of people. I just have the chattiest personality. Or too much time on my hands.

Li4g, adopt4 dewdrop, Get_Fit, nitag, kristi, healthymom, zano, you’ve been consistent on your working out. Good for you!

Chanty, back to work on that studying!

nitag, aahhhhh day off….

Li4g, I smoked for 25 years and quit 15 years ago. Andthat’sallIhavetosayaboutthat.

wuwu, sorry to hear about your dad. My dad died at 41 of a heart attack, mom at 67 of her second heart attack. They were both smokers.:smokin: Talk about some motivation for me. Smoking, cholesterol, saturated fat, exercise, aspirin. You name it, I’m tracking it.

…and now, “Falling in the Sound,” part two. Have you ever had something break only to mysteriously start working again sometime later? The camera came back to life - at least until the salt water starts to corrode the electronics.
    KittyNascarIMG_1152.jpg
    Kitty-boo watching Nascar (not good exposure, but that was me, not the camera. Fingers crossed.)
  • cmriverside
    Options
    wait.

Did I say *I* have the chattiest personality???? :ohwell:

I :heart: all the great posts and the parts of your lives that you all share. I learn something new from you every day.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    My determination has really been tested, stillkristi, with no longer having a consistent workout partner. My schedule got screwed up and then hers did or she stayed up too late... and i have a limited window of time when I can go to the gym when the kids club is open and after my oldest goes to school. But i've been there, almost in spite of myself. That's another reason for the switching stuff up.. nobody to talk to!! It's a matter of - why am I doing this? Because someone else is doing it? No. If I never worked out with li4g again.. I would like to think I'm going to continue to do it because I'm doing it for me.

You can't compare yourself to others. On this site when skinny chicks wail about their 10 pounds they need to lose, and I think I'd give my left leg to be their size (actually, my left leg IS their size), I just move on and blow them off. The people that really impress me is people like you, like FC, who started out doing what they could and worked on from there. THOSE people impress the hell out of me! And those people, people like YOU, stillkristi, are what keep me going. Because I know how hard it is to not be able to do something. I know how hard it is to sit on the sidelines. Even in this group I'm on the sidelines of the woggers and the 200 crunchers (200? Heck I can't do 2!!)

And to have someone comment on how MY workout seemed impressive? Shocked me to death. Me? And so you just never know, you can be an inspiration to someone else.

I am trying hard to really get my calories burned in the higher range. li4g was doing 500 cals at a time at the gym, it took everything I could just to do 300. But I couldn't compare myself to her - she's a LOT taller and a LOT skinnier and a LOT more in shape. Even though we work out together sometimes, I can't compare her little love handles to the massive amounts of weight I need to lose. It would make me lose heart.

Stillkristi - and anyone else who has to work out at home - invest in a good HRM so you CAN track what you're burning in your daily life and with your exercise. If I didn't have the gym to tell me what I"m burning, if I just logged the stuff on here it is WAY over for some reason of the calories the gym says I'm burning.

So now I'm pushing myself - not because of her, but FOR me. I've come a long way and it's getting harder and harder to drop that weight, harder and harder to get my heart rate up, etc. Today I did: 13 mins elliptical (first time for doing that in 1 shot!), 18 mins treadmill, 11 more elliptical, 12 on the bike. Total: 501 calories burned. Then I went and worked out my back and shoulders. Ow.