breastfeeding in public

Options
1353637383941»

Replies

• RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started posting to give their point view and they’ll continue posting forever just because............

This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started posting to give their point view and they’ll continue posting forever just because............

• seehawkmomma
    Options

I actually started singing :)
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

seriously--
    beating_a_dead_horseemoticon.gif

I could be wrong, but I think we have established everyone's point of view ad nauseum.

Enough, already. :noway:

We get it, "these people" find nursing offensive. "These people" find "those people" that find nursing offensive, offensive.

Bottom line gist....

Move on, people.
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Maybe saying this will make it clearer.

Most people "opposed" to breastfeeding in public (on this thread) aren't even that strongly against it. Mostly saying "just cover up" and "be modest". A lot of people saying "I don't need to see that!" You want your sensibilities to be respected in a public place. I get that.

Now imagine I'm a Muslim. Of the rather strict variety. I don't think it's modest that any of you ladies are going out in public not covered up completely. My sensibilities are offended. When I'm out with my family I think you should all have a little class and decency and cover your entire body as not to offend me. I don't need to see that.

Do you feel my wishes should be respected?

Yea, lets talk about religion and breast feeding

Okay, then let's say I'm a veg*n and I'm offended that you're feeding your kid a hamburger. It offends my sense of morality and decency. Should I make you take your kid to the public restroom to eat? Or have you do the offensive feeding in the privacy of your own home?

No. People in a free society get to make choices, regardless if others think they are "decent". Personally, I'm much more offended by the folks feeding their kids a happy meal than I am by a bare breast, but what can I do? Give the mom and kid the stink eye and move on? Or perhaps, :smile: just move on and get over myself?
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    seriously--

Now watch out you might start a animal abuse debate.....
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    whywontthis128467435222991026.jpg
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Steve Hughes on being offended: http://youtu.be/cycXuYzmzNg
  • annalynne1983
    Options
    This extremely long thread is just ridiculous.

Breasts produce milk, it's a feature of mammals, infants drink milk. Get over it for crying out loud!!!!!

I have never once seen a "naked breast" when someone is breastfeeding - in fact, I've seen much less breast in actively breastfeeding women than I have in MANY women wearing low cut tops!!!!! What has the world come to when feeding a baby is made such a big deal of???????

And I promised myself I wouldn't keep posting here so now I'm going to stop being a hypocrite, but flip, get over it!!!!

If you personally don't want to breastfeed in public, fine, don't do it. If you don't want to see women breastfeeding in public, look away!! If you choose to breastfeed in public, don't go about it in a combative confrontational manner that draws attention to it. Everyone's happy.

I honestly am stunned that this just goes on and on about such a subject!! I was molested at a young age (about 4) and saw things I wish I could blank out of my mind - believe you me, women breastfeeding in public is just so totally non-offensive in the big scheme of things.

And as many people have pointed out, breastfeeding is nothing like in the same league as sex. It's feeding a baby. The end. Jeez. Grow up.
  • annalynne1983
    Options

I actually started singing :)

Beautiful :-) I'd sing it if I could sing...although now I realise in actually letting myself get dragged into this I'm not helping it stop! Ooops.
  • carrotstick2012
    Options
    Dear breastfeeding mothers, please feel free to breastfeed your babies in public (discreetly of course). If anyone has a problem, that is their issue and they can look away. I doubt many who would object to nursing would also protest the many sexualized images of women around the place that show more breast than a mother discreetly nursing does. Feed your babies and if I see anyone giving you a hard time, I'll support you.
  • Ballerinaballer
    Options
    it is not for anyone but mother and child to say when they will stop. some kids stop when they are only a year, like my dd... some kids go till they are 9 or 10, like the best sumo wrestlers in mongolia. i hope to nurse my son until he is all done. his choice and mine, not any one else's.

also, if feeding my baby offends someone that they want me to put a blanket over us and call it discreet, i want obese people making unhealthy food choices to cover up too. not people who are eating salad or grilled chicken, but really big people eating KFC and stuff. that puts me off my food, but you don't see me starting petitions and making people feel ashamed... if you want me to be discreet, you'd better be discreet too.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    beating-a-dead-horse.gif
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    seriously--

Hahaha.