Why are you fat???

Options

Replies

• 08caseyk
    Options
    Being pregnant 3 times in 3 years happened to me. Along with the gestational diabetes and the bed rest, i packed on a ton of weight. about 130 lbs on 3 years. But i'm down 50 lbs. And i'm gonna get back down to my old weight, eventually
  • newme201213
    newme201213 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i am lazy and love to eat carbs and irregular workouts....but i have never went too far.
    i dont seem to get down from my standard weight which is in between 155-165....i need to go down to140 this time..
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I never learned how to eat or make healthy food when I was young, PCOS, and I looove to eat. My husband and I love to cook gourmet, I love to bake and we both like to pretend we are foodies and critique restaurants. :) hahaha
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    did you ever consider getting involved in something in the community?? i help out homeless teens alot and it drags my *kitten* away from the computer enough so im moving it lol... plus ive committed to training at the gym which i pay dearly for so i show up..
  • sea_shell
    Options
    I'm not fat, I used to be very underweight and over the past 3 years I have reached an acceptable weight (around 9stone) in the last few months I have put on nearly another stone and I am now nearly 10, I want to lose the last stone and learn to keep myself at a decent weight that I am comfortable with.
  • seasargasso
    seasargasso Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am fat because I am lying to myself! In my head I really exercise a lot, but in reality I don't really move that much. Just yesterday I realized, at the end of the day, that I had been sitting ALL day. It was a beautiful day--cloudless sky, 69 degrees, a light breeze--and I did not go out once. I also love food derived from flour and sugar and any combination in between. This site helps me pay attention, not only to what I eat, but to how much I move. I get SO much inspiration from reading everybody's stories and seeing progress, and most of all, from seeing people pick themselves up and start again after a bad day, a bad year, a bad relationship or bad diagnoses. It gives me hope.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I used to be very thin, around 115lbs. I hated food, I thought everyone saw me as fat, I saw myself as fat. I'd eat one meal a day which was anything from a half a pack of biscuits or a bowl of canned tuna with sweetcorn or a cheese sandwich with Sunday lunch on a sunday.
    I then met my boyfriend who made me feel beautiful,I forgot about all my wories. for a while we were still only eating one meal a day, he was as thin as I was at only 135lbs for his 6foot in height. But eventually his family introduced us to food... that was it from then, I was taught to love it and packed on over 3 stone.
    I only really started to notice this year how much weight I had gained and now as well as eating less I am aiming to be heqlthier than I was before because I know now that I look back I was very unhealthy and was heading down a bad road.
  • Sion73
    Sion73 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm fat because I was blessed with an athletic physique in my late teens and twenties without having to work at it. I could eat what I like and never put on weight. I occasionally did a bit of exercise, but nothing much really.............
    or so I have been kidding myself.

I was blessed with the athletic physique, but I was just a very active person when I was young. As I slowed down when I hit my 30's with marrage and kids, I always told myself that I can still eat what I want. I can't, and now at 38, I've had to wake up to the fact that I have put on 3 stone of fat. Theres no point in me making up excuses for not wanting to take the kids swimming anymore. I don't want to take them because I am ashamed of my body.

I'm fat because I eat all the wrong foods because I love the taste and the action of eating and because I'd rather sit on the computer at night than spend the time in my cold garage working out or getting on the bike.
  • BanjoKd
    BanjoKd Posts: 150
    Options
    Beer, beer, sweets, and beer.
  • nomena
    nomena Posts: 165
    Options
    Emotional eating, 100%.
    I used to self-harm, now I eat whenever I feel anxious or have the need to hurt myself. Not the best trade, but fat can be burned off, scars can't be undone.
  • TriforceRaven
    TriforceRaven Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    When I hit puberty a few years ago, I randomly gained weight, without much of any change. I get sick a lot, and my parents tried to force me to eat more, to make up for being sick.
  • LindaCaldersio
    Options
    Emotional eating...but I'm trying to find the trigger...
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I ate far too much high calorie food and didn't exercise at all- I was ok for a little while but then the weight just stacked on.
  • slayerdan
    slayerdan Posts: 193
    Options
    Fat=ate too much, didnt exercise enough. Pretty easy equation.
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I`m fat because I let food become my best friend. Food has always been there, through all the ups and downs and Ive had more downs than ups.

Food was comfort when I was in a phsyically, emotionally, mentally abusive relationship and it was there in childhood when there was emotional abuse. It was there when I gave up completely on myself and just let it go.

I dont feel anything while I am eating food, so I just keep eating it....then afterwards I feel like a complete slug!!

Food has been there while dealing with a teenager with mental health issues and the stress that comes with that every single day.

if it wasnt for emotional , binge eating and constantly numbing my feelings with food, i would have this thing figured out by now.

What i need most is everything in moderation and a regular excercise routine and I am working on that!!! .....oh and most importantly something to do when the stress hits!!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Good question! Back in April, I would have told you that I was fat because I was consistently eating 3000-4000 calories a day.

Now, I would say 'I'm *NOT* fat!!!' I officially stopped being fat (according to BMI) about a week before my 40th birthday back in September. I've lost an additional 12 pounds since then.

I had a good year on MFP! I hope it continues through 2012. :-)
  • shack1157
    shack1157 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love food! I hated or should say I was too lazy to workout! Did I mention I love food! No other habits! Don't really drink, don't smoke never did drugs! But did I mention I love food! LOL
  • Greg127
    Greg127 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I always tell people that this is the way I have always seen myself. To be honest I used to be rail thin! I had such low self esteem that when I started letting myself go I didn't realize it. I am now almost twice the person I was. I could blame everything for my weight gain, but the truth is that I put on the weight because I was to lazy and undisciplined to put down the fatty foods and go to the gym. I am on my way to changing that. Good luck with your weight loss!! :)

Amen Becca. Great job of dumping the excuses and owning the action. You'll be "rail thin" with high self esteem in no time. Keep doing what you're doing.. :smile:
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Not saying no...and the damn pcos
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i overcame an eating disorder and learned to love food, to much...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!