So why are you fat??

Options
123457»

Replies

• wmass1
    wmass1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    BIG EATER, blown out knee, 65-75 hr work weeks and a lotta Bud Light = fatty! No excuses time to take it off!
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Laziness... Self Pitty.... ( wait no that just kept the weight on.... ) I gained weight an became according to my BMI over weight after having two kids... Sucks! But yeah:sad:
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Food and lack of exercise.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I just need to convince myself that food is NOT my friend.
    Food IS your friend-it just depends on the type you are talking about and the 'reasons' it is your friend.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I was eating healthy and exercising and lost a lot of weight, slowly I got back into the unhealthy eating again and gained some of it back. I went to bootcamp and lost 10lbs, and gained 20 back when I got to my first base. Honestly I just ate like all the guys around me. BK, Shoppete food everyday-but I didn't work out like they did. For the longest time I just thought they were lucky and I was doomed to be fat, but not so, I found the gym and went back to eating healthy food once again!
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I hurt my knee and couldn't work out like I used to, but I didn't change my eating habits. My husband and I started living together, and I just eyeballed my portion sizes as compared to his (he is a 6' tall super athletic Marine). Plus I was eating out a lot, not really realizing how many calories I was actually ingesting.
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My grandpa was raised on a farm, and ate accordingly. Those kinds of eating habits (high calorie, big quantity) were passed to my mom, and our family ate the same way. We mainly ate veggies from a can, with the occassional boiled broccoli or brussel sprouts. LOTS of potatoes, macaroni, butter, whole milk, etc. Snacks weren't really monitored or limited (only health nuts did that), and neither one of my parents participated in any regular exercises (again see the health nut comment). Having a big appetite was encouraged and praised, and our diet wasn't exactly balanced. My parents weren't trying to set a bad example, it's just what they knew. Even now that my husband and I buy only wheat bread, keep the freezer stocked with frozen veggies, and eat fresh when possible, we're labeled "health nuts." My dad is usually afraid to try things I cook at my house because it might taste "bad" because it's healthy. I've been told I exercise too much (5x per week at 30 min/day), and we get called fanatics a lot. My mom has high cholesterol/triglycerides, sugar issues, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, and other things I'm sure. This has truly been a huge life change for me!
  • bcr1559
    bcr1559 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    After having a baby I didn't make adjustments to my diet! Everything changed and now weight lose is a lot harder then it used to be. I stopped making the time to exercise and could always come up with an excuse. I cook the way my husband likes and he is a naturally thin person with an extremely physical job so he requires a higher calorie intake. I also didn't care for a long time. I finally started working towards a healthier self in March 2011 and I plan on meeting my weight loss goal in March 2012.
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    i got pregnant and ate for 6! and when i had him i still ate for 6! then i got pregnant again, ate healthy but the damage was already done!
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I hated myself. So I used the temporary pleasure of eating and the taste of food to ignore my problems and failings. I had little or no self discipline to pull me from the downward spiral of my life.

Like everyone else, I had excuses for my problems. But in reality, everyone has excuses. And problems. How one copes with them and manages them is what makes the difference. Or doesn't cope and manage them.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Because I love to eat. Healthy food, fattening food, salad, dessert, whole foods, processed foods... I always knew how to eat right but even when eating healthy had a hard time with portion control. I just love food.
  • luckybunny84
    Options
    I was a healthy weight in high school but in pain all the time do to endometriosis and the meds the doctors put me on helped the pain but I seemed to constistanly gain weight without changing my habits. I gained 100 lbs in a 2 year stretch and if I went off of the shots I was back in pain agian, so for me the weight was worth the pain relief. I finally found a new doctor with a new solution and now I am able to shed the weight I gained :)
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I love food? I don't know... I've never-not been really overweight. I was at like, 220 going into High School, lost some weight, but gained it back when I started taking medicine for anxiety (Probably another factor my my eating)
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I love to snack on anything salty,sweet,cheesy,crunchy and I am a total couch potato!
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I just need to convince myself that food is NOT my friend.
    Food IS your friend-it just depends on the type you are talking about and the 'reasons' it is your friend.

You are so right. I have started thinking of food as "fuel" for my body and that has helped alot. It can't replace being bored, lonely, etc......that is how it's NOT my friend. Which is tough because it's always available and there for me. Real friends not so much.