Black socks with workout clothes?

Options

Replies

• murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I wear black, socks, shoes, shorts and a black p90x or shakeology shirt all the time.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    I'm no fashion expert but I can't think of a good reason to not wear black socks. As most of my clothes (including workout gear) is black or has black in it I wear ankle black socks almost exclusively.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    What's weird about it? My shoes are black so I wear black socks. And thy're athletic socks...not dress socks. Now that's weird.
    Don't take us too seriously. We're just passing the time!

Anytime you judge the color of someone's socks you're asking for it! LOL. Have a good one man.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    What's weird about it? My shoes are black so I wear black socks. And thy're athletic socks...not dress socks. Now that's weird.

Anytime you judge the color of someone's socks you're asking for it! LOL. Have a good one man.
    You'd think I'd insulted someones religious beliefs or views on politics! :)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    ThatsRacist.gif
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Maybe, its just me but I will never wear black socks with my workout clothes. Something about it is just odd. Is it just me?
    It's you - black is OK
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    Options
    ThatsRacist.gif
    Oh no!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Maybe, its just me but I will never wear black socks with my workout clothes. Something about it is just odd. Is it just me?
    It's you - black is OK
    In fact, once you go black...
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    Options
    It's you - black is OK
    In fact, once you go black...
    I'm hearing the sound of a train wreck in my head
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter what colour socks you're wearing? :S
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    Options
    Why does it matter what colour socks you're wearing? :S
    It just does.... OK
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this topic because I was so going to post this myself (plus I'm home, in bed, sick, and bored out of my mind, lol). There are several guys at my gym, young, very fit, in good shape, lifters, etc. and they ALWAYS wear high black socks with their shorts. Not knee high, but definitely mid calf. And all I could wonder was, why? I thought maybe it was some gym/workout fashion thing? I don't know, I just don't get it. For me, if your wearing shorts then generally they should be low socks, usually white, or black if they're the really low, ankle kind.
    So I'm not alone... I feel better now!

I found out I'm also not alone!

A trainer at my gym wears his shorts and calf high socks all the time... and I want to be like NO! Either you put pants on or you put short socks on.. this isn't rocket science!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of teens wearing black socks with their gym clothes. Must be a fad.

All I can think of is the old dude at Sears, wearing plaid bermuda shorts, black knee length dress socks, and a pair of off white SAAS shoes. Oh baby!
  • Renea_Kay
    Renea_Kay Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I usually wear white socks but for awhile i wore hot pink socks!!! XD and some bright blue and green socks!
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I'm a big enough dork that white socks go with white running shoes. Black with black running shoes. Chucks, anything I have that's long enough.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    Options
    I usually wear white socks but for awhile i wore hot pink socks!!! XD and some bright blue and green socks!
    And I bet you looked fantastic
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this topic because I was so going to post this myself (plus I'm home, in bed, sick, and bored out of my mind, lol). There are several guys at my gym, young, very fit, in good shape, lifters, etc. and they ALWAYS wear high black socks with their shorts. Not knee high, but definitely mid calf. And all I could wonder was, why? I thought maybe it was some gym/workout fashion thing? I don't know, I just don't get it. For me, if your wearing shorts then generally they should be low socks, usually white, or black if they're the really low, ankle kind.
    So I'm not alone... I feel better now!

I found out I'm also not alone!

A trainer at my gym wears his shorts and calf high socks all the time... and I want to be like NO! Either you put pants on or you put short socks on.. this isn't rocket science!

EXACTLY!!!
  • FiremanSam111
    Options
    Light brown knee high ribbed socks with jandals (thongs, flip-flops whatever), faded short cut off denims, and tie dyed singlet that is too small... That keeps the girls away for sure! Also gets you noticed...
  • MikeG013
    MikeG013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Funny I thought it strange too when I am in the gym and guys are in black socks. I my day it was always white for gym or workout LOL. However I just recently read in a mens fasion mag "never wear white socks EVER" I was like oook...I still wear white to the gym LOL
  • Leesseebee
    Options
    Are talking about the high top black socks one would wear with jeans?? Then hell no!! However I wear short black socks made by Under Armour and those are fine. And for the record, tall socks are NEVER a good idea unless wearing jeans or pant, no matter the color. Unless we are going for the nerd look.
    Yeah, I'm talking old man tall socks!