Words that Should be Banned for 2012

Options

Replies

• sunnydays33
    sunnydays33 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Haha! This is hilarious/horrifying! I totally need a need a new bag of tricks for 2012, I do all of these!!

The only one that even remotely raises my blood pressure is loose vs lose.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal (lmao) & Hubby Hubby Hubby (lmao)
    Every time I hear "phenomenal" I keep thinking of that sketch from The Muppets...

Phenomenal...doo doooo doo-doo-doo....
    Phenomenal...doo doo-doo doo...
    Phenomenal...doo doooo doo-doo-doo doo-doo-doo doo-doo-doo doodoodoodoodoo doo doo doo-doo doo

I always do that. Always. With phenomenon, too.

Now I shall have that wretched tune stuck in my brain, rattling around endlessly.

I am guilty of using the word "awesome" far too often.
  • cheekyleonie
    cheekyleonie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    "drink more water"
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    TOM

Oh, yeah! This one, too! So many women act as if they don't realize it's going to happen EVERY MONTH!
    EXACTLY!:bigsmile:
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    TOM

Oh, yeah! This one, too! So many women act as if they don't realize it's going to happen EVERY MONTH!
    EXACTLY!:bigsmile:
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with hubby?

Pam
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    "Hubby"

I despise that word...I have a HUSBAND...

"Deets"

If I wanted "deets" I would go to the store and purchase a few bottles of OFF! bug repellant with deet. If I want DETAILS I will specifically ask you to tell me details...

Not even sure why those 2 words bother me, but they do!
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    :laugh:
    Phenomenal (lmao) & Hubby Hubby Hubby (lmao)
    Every time I hear "phenomenal" I keep thinking of that sketch from The Muppets...

Phenomenal...doo doooo doo-doo-doo....
    Phenomenal...doo doo-doo doo...
    Phenomenal...doo doooo doo-doo-doo doo-doo-doo doo-doo-doo doodoodoodoodoo doo doo doo-doo doo
    Hahahah!!:laugh: Manama! doo doo de doo doo! Manama!

I always do that. Always. With phenomenon, too.

Now I shall have that wretched tune stuck in my brain, rattling around endlessly.

I am guilty of using the word "awesome" far too often.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with hubby?

It's a seriously annoying word.
  • Kermit1976
    Options
    HATE

Such a negative word - everytime someone starts a post with "I hate......" cardio, eggs, vegetables, exercise........ I just cringe

Time to start using positive affirmations rather than the H word - you might get much better results that way.....

Well we are 3 hours 15 minutes away from 2012 here in New Zealand - so here is to a fabulous 2012 for you all!

In my house I made the rule that you were not allowed to say Hate as it is a very harsh like there is no changing your mind but we can say dislike which to us means there is room for improvement.. I may dis like doing jumping jacks but i do them and they have grown on me.... If i hated them then that is it.. there is not going forward .... it also has the word like in it which helps my theory...:)
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Haha...I see some of my own bromides here. I'd like to hear words which you LIKE to see in response to your statuses. Guessing it may be a shorter list.
  • Kermit1976
    Options
    some of these i have never seen before and they did my head in on the first reading.. like preggo. what is up with that... .*sighs* wonders what happened to our language...
  • Weldmeister
    Weldmeister Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Totes. That one just pisses me off.
    On the same topic, why have we all given up on the English language? Is it *THAT* much more difficult to eschew text-speak and just use real words and realistic, if not proper grammar?

Kthxbye!
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Kardashian
  • Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Christmas!!!!
  • david581c
    david581c Posts: 337
    Options
    Freedom of speech homie/homegirl

I appreciate the support no matter the source or their means.

I understand not everyone has the gift of gab, no need to forsake the linguistically challenged.

I say not ban any words, and un ban prior words.

On the grounds that language is what seperates use from animals, this stuff is sacred.

Maybe im just a weirdo, i dunno.
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    homie/homegirl
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Freedom of speech homie/homegirl

I appreciate the support no matter the source or their means.

I understand not everyone has the gift of gab, no need to forsake the linguistically challenged.

I say not ban any words, and un ban prior words.

On the grounds that language is what seperates use from animals, this stuff is sacred.

Maybe im just a weirdo, i dunno.

Honey..that why this section is called fun and games...You may be being a little too serious...
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Nickleback
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Kardashian

Thank you!!! They are so irritating!