50+ Women for the Month of March

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Becky, good luck with the doctor. I, too, hope that you'll be back on the exercise trail soon.:bigsmile:

:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: Heather, your goals sound great. I need to work harder on the water. I wake up every morning with good intentions and by bed time I realize that unless I drink 4 glasses on the way to bed, I'll be under my goal again.:sad: today is a new day---two glasses of water and two cups of herb tea and it's early afternoon.

This is the first time in my life that I've regularly started my big meal with a salad and had a tomato and carrots with my evening meal.

Thanks to your encouragement, I did well going to a restaurant for lunch on Sunday. I ordered a vegetable stir fry with tofu and rice and ate only half the rice. I couldn't find an exact match in the MFP database but I found something close. Then, just to be sure, I had an Isagenix shake for dinner (240 calories) and did an extra 20 minutes on the stationery bike. We watched a movie called "Bull Durham".

I look forward to hearing about the Polar F6 heart monitor. I probably don't need another "gadget" but I'm keeping an open mind.:smile:

It's warmer here today and no wind or snow or rain so it was a great 50 minutes at the dog park:bigsmile: :glasses:

Have a great day. :flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Back from Doctor. Not sure if it is going or not yet.

I find it very hard to get enough water while I am at work. I am too busy. So, I have had plenty of days where I realize that I haven't had my requirement by bedtime.

Can someone tell me what a Polar F6 hearth monitor is?
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Hello every one. I haven't posted for a while and I figured I better check in and be accountable. I've done horrible the last few weeks. I pretty much maintained but my goal was to lose some some more. I jut need to get back on the ball and do my exercises. I've really been lazy the past few weeks. I set a goal on another thread to lose 5 pounds by St. Patrick's day and failed miserably at that. I'll have to go on that thread and fess up too. I haven't caught up on reading the posts on this thread but I hope everyone is doing well.

Keep on striving to reach your goals. I'll really try to start doing better and have a good report the next time. Good luck to you all. :flowerforyou:

Betty
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Polar Heart Monitor keeps track of your heart rate and the Polar F6 will tell me how many calories I have burned after exercise.

Can't wait to get it. I really want to find out how many calories I have burned while doing the yard work and the house cleaning or even dancing.

:flowerforyou: Kathy
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Thanks Kathy. Is it very expensive? Today I bought a thermos that keeps track of how much water I am consuming. I think that all I need to do is turn a dial to keep track.
  • sailgal
    sailgal Posts: 22
    Options
    I am mystified by women's clothing sizes. I have lost more than 50 pounds since last January and my weight is the lowest that it has been for 15 years. I am really having a great time looking at and trying on new clothes although I'm not buying much until I see if I can get to my goal weight of 145. Anyhow, when I was in my 20s and weighed 128 pounds I think I wore a size 10. I was active and nothing on my body jiggled when I walked. Now at 57 I weight 155, everything jiggles, and I'm fitting into most size 10s. I'm not complaining but I'm sure that I'm much larger than I was in my 20s. I also don't remember any size 0 or 00 existing. I'm sure that I've read about clothing manufacturers making clothes larger but I really hadn't paid any attention until recently. I have 3 sons so I really haven't paid much attention to women's smaller clothing sizes for years. Is it just me or have sizes really changed?

Drinking water is a great goal. I drink lots when I'm at the Y and then slack off for the rest of the day. You are all inspiring me to keep drinking.

Cindy
  • plantlady99
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi All

I just got finished working out with The Biggest Loser Boot Camp DVD. I just love it. So I was doing some research on their web. I found this very interesting.

http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/exclusives/fitness/getting_fit/stretch.shtml

:flowerforyou: sailgal. I have really not looked at clothes yet. Only when i have to. I did hear that the manufacturers did play with the size's. I can only remember Size 3. I was a size 5 for a short amount of time way back when. I was really skinny. I would love to be in a 10. Can't wait. Hope to see it this summer. But, if I don't I know I will be feeling so much better.

:flowerforyou: Swiss I hope I helped you!!!:bigsmile:

I have to go for my water now. :wink: :wink:

:flowerforyou: Kathy
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I had another busy day but managed to get a good workout in walking outside in the beautiful sunshine.

In regards to questions about heart rate monitors when I get dressed in the morning and planning on working out I put on my Polar F6. I wear it walking outside, or while working out with Bob from the Biggest Loser, stationary bike, jump roping, snow shoeing, shovelling snow, treadmill and doing my pilates/workout DVD's. The chest strap is comfortable and I don't even remember that I have it on until I go to do a workout and activate the monitor to track my heart rate and calories burned. I do not track calories burned when I am doing housework or regular activities because they are part of my daily living activities. My heart rate monitor has been very beneficial in assisting me in working harder at reaching an optimum level as well as encouraging me to work out longer to achieve more calories burned. In addition, what an eye opener it was to see how inaccurate my own treadmill calorie counter was and what I thought was how many calories I was burning when indeed I wasn't. It eliminates any guess work that is for sure. I absolutely would be lost without mine.

Keep up the good work all you wonderful ladies. Remember we are worth making ourselves a priority:flowerforyou: I know from personal experience that we experienced and loving women have always put others ahead of ourselves...this is NOW our time, we deserve it and are worthy of it:heart:

Cheers to all:drinker: :drinker:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    healthier4me--I have been using the calorie count on the machines that I use at the gym. I wandered if they were accurate.
  • healthier4me
    Options
    healthier4me--I have been using the calorie count on the machines that I use at the gym. I wandered if they were accurate.

Swissmiss

Before I purchased my Polar F6 I was relying on the calorie counter on my own personal treadmill so when I got my monitor I discovered that the reading was off in the hundreds! That really was a big shock to me because I thought I was burning sooooo very much more calories than I actually was. When I travel and use the exercise facilities in the hotels I have also discovered that on the treadmills and ellipticals that I use the calorie count is really off too! I have even worked out on a friend's treadmill and it was inaccurate as well. That has been my experience so I am thankful that I don't rely on the machines to give me an accurate reading for calories burnt.

Hope this info was helpful:flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    Options

Swissmiss

Before I purchased my Polar F6 I was relying on the calorie counter on my own personal treadmill so when I got my monitor I discovered that the reading was off in the hundreds! That really was a big shock to me because I thought I was burning sooooo very much more calories than I actually was. When I travel and use the exercise facilities in the hotels I have also discovered that on the treadmills and ellipticals that I use the calorie count is really off too! I have even worked out on a friend's treadmill and it was inaccurate as well. That has been my experience so I am thankful that I don't rely on the machines to give me an accurate reading for calories burnt.

Hope this info was helpful:flowerforyou:

Great Info. I just can't wait for my Polar F6 to show up. I also love the Biggest Loser Boot DVD. I am finding that I am using my weights through out the day. Just did sit ups with them. :bigsmile:

I can't make it to the gym pretty much this week. Personal issues, But, I sure am working out.

Hope all is having a great day.

Kathy
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Kathy, you have such great discipline. i find it so hard to get motivated to exercise, particularly at home even tho I did buy two exercise dvds. Keep us posted - it's motivating.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!:drinker:
    Zaza
  • Ladyleo
    Ladyleo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody!:flowerforyou:

I just got back from a long weekend visit with my friend. I gained 2 lbs, which I am very proud to say. My food choices were bad, and worse. Had a good time, hadn't seen her in over 2 years. I just Love her.

My goals are to get back on track.
    Make a spreadsheet for tax perposes.
    Drink lots of water today. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • plantlady99
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Morning all,

Just walked my Beagle for 20mins. Did 100 sit ups. 2 sets at 50. I hold a 5lbs weight as doing my sit ups. Feel the burn. Now I am going to do the Biggest Loser DVD. :flowerforyou: Healthier4me recommended the DVD and I just love it.

Thanks all for all YOUR MOTIVATION. WE CAN DO IT!!!!

I just have to keep myself motivated. Believe me it is very difficult. I can be very lazy. So up I go. I will check in after.

Kathy
  • healthier4me
    Options
    Happy St. Patrick's Day:bigsmile:

What a beautiful day we are having here today. The sun is shining every so brightly and believe it or not the temperature has reached double digits again today:happy:

The morning started off on a wonderful note...I have dropped a couple of the lbs that followed me home from vacation. Maybe that is what my metabolism needed to help me jumpstart that darn scale:laugh: Besides laundry and housework this morning I did the entire Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVD again-took me 56 minutes this time...I am using my 8lb weights but I think by the end of this week I will graduate to the 10lb ones. I really like Bob and this workout as you can tell!

I also went for a 70 minute brisk walk outside and then shovelled the snow in my front yard to help it melt along. It has been a stupendous day and it isn't even over yet:tongue: I think tonite I will go for another walk...I just love the time change:heart:

Warmest wishes to all:heart:
  • plantlady99
    Options
    WoW healthier4me:flowerforyou: you go girl.

I think I am going to do the DVD again. You certainly inspire me.

So, off I go. I love Bob on the DVD. He is great!!!!!

I am only on level one but that is ok. I don't want to hurt my joints. Especially my knees. I am really top heavy:explode: :explode: My poor knees.

Hope all is well, with everyone!.

Kathy
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I started reading the posts today and as soon as I saw the word "water" I got up and went to the kitchen, got a glass of water, and brought it back to drink at the computer. You all inspire me so much.:heart::bigsmile:

I almost never buy clothes. All the clothes I have, that I've had for years, are size 16 pants with elastic waistbands, roomy jumpers with no waist line, skirts with elastic waistbands, and size large and extra-large turtlenecks and sweatshirts. As I gained weight, they didn't look too small and as I've lost they don't look too much too big. I did discover two pairs of size 14 pants in the back of the closet and they fit now:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: so I moved them up where I can get to them. I'm going to take it one day at a time and not start thinking about buying new clothes, yet

I am reading everything you are all writing about a heart rate monitor. Having just spent almost $600.00 for the stationary bike, I'm not eager to fall in love with another exercise "goody". You are all probably right about the inaccuracy of exercise equipment. However, since I use the same measures every day (the step counter in my phone and the calorie counter on the stationery bike,) even if they are inaccurate in the real world they can still be compared to each other. So if they tell me I've burned 600 calories on a dog park, dance, bike day and only 300 on a no dance day, at least there is a comparison and I can strive to increase the numbers. I don't eat more than a few of my exercise calories (I stay under 1300 no matter what) so I'm not trying to accumulate calories for a big bedtime peanut butter orgy. :laugh: That doesn't mean that after all of you buy the Polar F6 and continue to rave about it that I won't go buy one too. But for now, I'll stick with what I have.:wink:

You're all wonderful.:heart: Keep up the good work and keep sharing your successes and your challenges. It helps me so much.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Barbie--go ahead and throw out those size 16 pants. You will never need them again. Do not keep them for a "just in case".

I walked my dog this morning. We went 1/2 block. Had to turn back--too tired I have yet another set back. I now have an infection. Waiting for another prescription. My table looks like a drug store.
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Good Evening All,

I decided to go out with my family for St. Patty's Day. I wanted to hear the Irish Band. Before, I left I had my low calorie pizza. 350 for the entire pizza. I just love it. So, when I got to the Bar/Grill I did not have the special Corn, Beef and Cabbage everyone else was eating. All I had was Black Coffee. I am so proud of myself.

My mom (84) and Dad (77) were on the dance floor dancing away. I had so much fun watching them have so much fun. They are also an inspiration.

Hope all had a great day.

Kathy
  • amy49
    amy49 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    HELLO Everyone,
    It has been awhile since I have signed in. The last two weeks have'nt been good. I weighed in this morning and I only lost 1 pound. But I am going to try to get back on track, so maybe next week will
    be better. Congrats to everyone on weight lose
    ( amy49) Carol