50+ Women for the Month of March

Options

Replies

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    I decided to change my profile picture too -replacing the one from last Spring with one from this Fall. Maybe the change will inspire me to turn over a new leaf. Hope so.
    Zaza
  • sailgal
    sailgal Posts: 22
    Options
    ZaZa and Kathy -

I like your new pictures - a nice change for spring.

I walked the dogs (mine and my son's - both 65 pounds) in the park this morning for about 45 minutes. The dogs had a good run and I walked fast as much I as could (I start to think about something and find myself slowing down without meaning to). I'm going to go out and look for new pants to wear to the gym - my old pants are pretty saggy and baggy. I'm hoping to break in my new pants by going to the gym this afternoon.

My weight has been the same for the last 3 days - I'm happy that it isn't going back up.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cindy
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I just got back from holidays in the sunny south and I couldn't wait to check in with everyone:happy: . For the first time since I started my new lifestyle change in November 08 I wasn't able log on my food intake and exercise or lack thereof. I haven't weighed myself yet but I know that I most likely did put a few lbs on:grumble: Even though I did a brisk walk for an hour on the beach everyday I know that I was consuming extra calories. On a positive side though it was wonderful to get away, I am recharged and ready to resume my exercise routine with renewed motivation. Maybe this break in the routine I have been religiously following since November will shake up the plateau that I have been experiencing in the past while.

It is fantastic to see some new members. A great big welcome to all the new members:flowerforyou:

Starting tomorrow I will return to my vigourous exercise routine and calorie tracking:bigsmile:

Good luck everyone:heart:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    zaza54--I love your picture. I am really into horses. I owned two of them at one time.
    It is beginning to feel like my baggy pants are getting tighter.:mad: I think that when this is all over with I will have to do a lot of work.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I love hearing from all of you. I carry you with me.:bigsmile:

I've always thought that those of us who live up north have a huge sense of gratitude for the daylight because of the months of darkness that we experience in the winter. :smile:

Becky:flowerforyou: best wishes for a continued recovery from your surgery.
    We love our dog park. It has two separate yards, one for large and one for small dogs so there's no worry about tiny dogs being overwhelmed by big dogs. i go early in the morning where there are fewer dogs so I don't worry about my smaller standard poodles being scared by big dogs. If there's any concern about an agressive dog usually the dog's owner will leash it and take it home. I love the dog park best when we're there by ourselves and the girls can run and chase birds and wrestle with each other with no one bothering them.

Welcome, Roxie, keep in touch with us and you'll get support and encouragement and good ideas.:flowerforyou:

Zaza, I love the picture of you on your horse:bigsmile:

Welcome back, Healthier4Me----your vacation sounds great. good luck as you return to your regualr routine.:flowerforyou:

I had a sedentary day with 120 miles in the car and a 5 hour meeting. The good part is that we brought our own lunch/snack---apples, hard boiled eggs, protein bar, carrots, bananas, bottled water and tea bags so we were able to sidestep the coffee and muffins in the morning and spagheti and garlic bread for lunch. I'll get on the exercise bike this evening but my exercise will be way low for the day. I am cheered by the fact that I wore a pair of slacks that used to be too tight.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.:bigsmile: :smile: :laugh: :happy:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    "The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed." (this is a Chinese proverb

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I found these two great quotes on somebody's else's post and I wanted to share them.:smile::wink: :laugh: :happy:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Barbie--thanks for the quotes. We live in a time where we want instead gratification. I know that I struggle with that. And the second quote is so true...just think what happens when we have the last 5-10 pounds to go.
    Not sure is I mentioned it, but I have yet another set back in my recovery. My parts just do not want to work anymore.:sick: Going to the doctor again tomorrow. Hopefully, he can fix me.:smile:
  • BarbG
    BarbG Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Barbie, Love your quotes

Just started getting serious last week and keeping the diary. Thank you all for your inspiration, I feel like I am now looking in the right direction.:happy:

Heading for the gym, wishing you all a healthy day!

Barb

148992.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Hello All:flowerforyou: Nice to see such a great group of people!!!!

Barbie thanks for the insperation :flowerforyou: I sure needed it. I have had a terrible week-end food wise. I had lots going on and just gave up.

But, I am starting again. I have no interest in going to the gym today, so I did the biggest loser boot camp DVD. I think it is fantastic.

My ipod shuffle became a victim of my laundry and it does not work. So I ordered a new one. I also ordered a Polar F6 Hart Monitor. I want to see how many calories I burn when I am doing yard and house work. I believe that will help me to stay motivated.

I am not calling my weight training "weight training" . I am now calling it "strength training", because I find that I am getting stronger when I do things around the house. So, I guess, that is a positive thing considering I just messed up my weight numbers.

Sorry for my usual rant, but, I just needed to. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :bigsmile:

Kathy
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    It's snowing again. We got to the dog park early enough to have only wind and freezing rain.:laugh:

I decided to get on the scale in the middle of the month because my clothes are fitting better and I wanted to know what the scale said. The news was great.:bigsmile: :smile: :wink: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Kathy, I'm going to use the term strength training. I like the sound of it. Thanks. My walkman phone was a victim of the laundry a week after I bought it. It was one of the most expensive lessons I've learned about being more mindful of what I'm doing. My phone has a step counter and I carry it in my pocket so I know how many steps I've walked each day. It also has a memory card so I can play music like a regular MP3 player. I'd be lost without it.

My extra goal for March
    drink more water. I haven't been doing well with that.:sad: :sad:

Let's not let the weekend get us down......especially weird weather and restaurant meals.:flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Kathy--let me know what a Polar F6 Hart Monitor is. If it lets you know how many calories you burn doing certain things then I defiantly want one of those.
    I am determined to carefully watch my calories, water intake and fiber for the entire week.
  • sailgal
    sailgal Posts: 22
    Options
    I went to the Y this morning for spin class. I usually don't go to the spin class on Sunday but I won't be able to go tomorrow so this seemed like a good plan. My Mon-Wed-Fri class is a nice, manageable 45 minute class and I assumed the Sunday class was also. Oh no ..... the class was an hour long and those last 15 minutes almost killed me. YIKES! Just when I think that I'm starting to get into shape I find out that I'm not as far along as I thought. But I did finish without falling off the bike so that is a major accomplishment for today - and I do drink a LOT of water during and after the class.

Kathy - I am thinking about getting a heart monitor. I'll be interested in how you like yours.

Swiss Miss - I hope that all of your parts return to normal soon. Hang in there!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Cindy
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Cindy--Isn't it unreal how we can get used to a routine but then add only a few minutes more to really begin to feel it? Keep up the good work.
    I am going to have a lot of questions for my doctor tomorrow. This has been going on too long. Two nurses have let my know that what had been happening to me is just about unheard of.
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hello All:flowerforyou: Nice to see such a great group of people!!!!

Barbie thanks for the insperation :flowerforyou: I sure needed it. I have had a terrible week-end food wise. I had lots going on and just gave up.

But, I am starting again. I have no interest in going to the gym today, so I did the biggest loser boot camp DVD. I think it is fantastic.

My ipod shuffle became a victim of my laundry and it does not work. So I ordered a new one. I also ordered a Polar F6 Hart Monitor. I want to see how many calories I burn when I am doing yard and house work. I believe that will help me to stay motivated.

I am not calling my weight training "weight training" . I am now calling it "strength training", because I find that I am getting stronger when I do things around the house. So, I guess, that is a positive thing considering I just messed up my weight numbers.

Sorry for my usual rant, but, I just needed to. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :bigsmile:

Kathy

Kathy I LOVE my Polar F6 Heart Monitor and would be lost without it! Initially I had bought an Polar F4 but I soon discovered it did not have the calorie feature on it just the heart rate. I couldn't take it back so I had to learn from my mistake and spend more $ on the F6. It really helps keep me motivated about getting my heart rate up to optimum level and burning more calories. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do:flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    I was so concerned that I have gain weight since my surgery. I weighed myself today. I have lost three pound.:laugh:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Morning everyone Welcome to the new joiners

Great quotes barbie

I hope you get better soon to those who are feeling off lately. I battled a bug all week but seem to be over it. fingers crossed

You people are starting to get to me:laugh: :laugh: A week or so ago I challenged myself to adopt one of the other posters exercisey things each day and I did it!! I walked my dogs one day and actually snowshoed one day (first time)

Today the weather is warm +7C and the sky is bright blue - gotta love it!

Today I will:
    Drink 50 oz of water
    eat fruit and veggies
    stay within my calories
    Exercise away 300 cals (which will help with the staying within cals)
    be proud of who I am

Take good care

Heather
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I was so concerned that I have gain weight since my surgery. I weighed myself today. I have lost three pound.:laugh:
    Congratulations Becky - way to go!!!:flowerforyou:

I will touch base later - am rushing to get to the Y for my exercise class.
    I have to confess that the horse in the picture is not mine. My husband and I were drivng thru Virginia on a mini-vacation last Sept. and we did a guided horseback ride in Shenandoah National Park. It was lovely and we even saw several bears - very exciting and fun.

Later.
    Zaza
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Morning All,

I can not wait until I get my Polar F6 Heart Monitor. I will let you no how I like it.

:flowerforyou: Healthier4me, have you ever worn your Heart Monitor all day to see how many calories you burn????

I'm having my Taxes done so I can't get to the gym. I like to go at a certain time. So I will be doing the Biggest Loser Boot Camp DVD. I just wish how many calories I burned. :explode:

Water, water :drinker: I will drink my water. I was not very good with my water on the week-end.

I had a terrible over eating week-end, but, I am on track, again. The good news is I am not yo-yoing up to the 170's. That is a good thing. :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Everyone have a great day

:flowerforyou: Kathy
  • angel_wings47
    Options
    Hello, Everyone,

I had a bad weekend keeping within my calories. Journaling during the weekends is a struggle but I am going to do better this coming weekend as it will be one of my goals . . . to journal the weekend. :embarassed: My other goal will be to leave the scale alone! I haven't weighed in today and don't plan to until Saturday morning. Once per week is my goal. :smile: I did start the week out right with my 30 minute bike ride and 100 crunches. Tonight I will continue with my light strength training. I really do notice the difference in the way my clothes fit! Thank you ladies for all of your quotes and for sharing your personal journeys. I hope everyone has a great day and is enjoying beautiful sunshine no matter where you may be!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

134589.png
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Yeah--it is going to warm up today.
    I am going back to the doctor today. (Yes, once again.) I should just move into his office. Hopefully, I will be able to get some exercise again soon.
    Have a wonderful day, everyone.