50+ Women for the Month of March

Options

Replies

• angel_wings47
    Options
    Hi, Everyone,

Back from a sunny vacation to nothing but rain . . . . but the rain will make things grow, right? And, well, when I went downstairs to start my laundry before going to work this morning, the laundry room was flooded. We have a high water table in our area - yuck. My husband stayed home to do damage control. It wasn't as bad as we thought but it will take some time to dry out now.

Carol: My prayers are with you and I hope that the layoff isn't for long. Take care and keep on movin'.

Suzzeque: Have a great time!

I gained 2 lbs. while on my vacation . . . but I had a great time. I stayed very active and did a lot of walking . . . everyday. I started back on my stationary bike this morning for 25 minutes. I had to take it a little slower because I have been off of it for 6 days! I really felt it today. :wink: I do so much better when I journal my food and exercise. I am so glad to be back and committed to my 4 lb. loss for the month of March . . . . well, that would be 6 lbs. now. I can do this . . . . . no, we can do this!!

Hugs, Connie

134589.png
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Made it through my morning work-out. Ya,

I hope all have a great day.

Kathy
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Connie--that is great that you only gained 2 pounds while on vacation. I know that being away from home leaves us with yummy, fattening food choices. But you probably did a lot more walking.
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Connie--that is great that you only gained 2 pounds while on vacation. I know that being away from home leaves us with yummy, fattening food choices. But you probably did a lot more walking.

I have to agree with that statement :flowerforyou: Swiss. 2lbs. on vacation that's wonderful.

Morning Katherine, how is Guildford this morning? Miserable and wet here in Brighton :grumble:
    Hmmm, only 13 stubborn pounds to go, lets hope they don't remain stubborn pounds.
    I just came across this - hope it helps you and any one else that has hit this stage :flowerforyou:

Because every individual is unique, there's no way to actually predict when a plateau might happen. However, the principles of nutrition, rest, and variation will jumpstart your body, mind, and metabolism.
    There are 3 articles in the Resource Center that explore these concepts in further detail:
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=516
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=522
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=534

Jackie

This came from Here Comes Summer Thread:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: Kathy
  • GypsyHeart
    Options
    Good Afternoon Ladies,
    This is my first day, but saw the 50+. and I diffently qualify! :wink: I am 5' and weighing in at 172 as of Monday, 3/9/09! The company where I work started a "Biggest Losers" program, so thinking it would give me the incentive to loose, I was game. Well, here it is a month later and I've only lost 3 pounds. :grumble: Have to get motivated....the guys are beating the gals. :mad:
    Any suggestions on meals, exercise, or whatever would be appreciated. Hope everyone is having a Wonderful Wednesday!

166681.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

_______________________________________________________________________________

I also want to loose down to at least 145 lbs. by my birthday, (whick is 7/12/09)....think there's a chance?

event.png
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou: GypsyHeart

The recipe thread is fantastic for meals. I am watching Oprah and she has "Celebrity Chefs' Recipe Roundup" Great meal suggestions.

http://www.oprah.com/menu/food/menus/20090227-tows-celebrity-chef-recipes

As far as exercise, what do you do now?

I do the elliptical and the stepper 5 days a week. So Far :noway: Others are walking, stationary bikes etc.

This site is great. Log your food in and read

Hope you enjoy all the ladies on this thread. They are very supportive.

Kathy
  • GypsyHeart
    Options
    Thanks so much plantlady! I appreciate your response. Now I am walking on a treadmill 30 minutes a day. I am just starting this regimine and want to keep it up. A fellow co-worker and myself try to walk 2 (15) minute intervals a day. Although we've both just started, I can tell a little difference. :happy: It's good to have a website such as this to keep motivated and get support and ideas, such as you gave to me. Thanks for being there for me....:flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Your very welcome. :flowerforyou: GypsyHeart Hope to see you again and again.

Good Luck with your Biggest Loser Program. You can do it. Keep us up to date with your progress.

I am sure we all could use your encouragement.

:flowerforyou: Kathy
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Wow, this is a great, enthusiastic, chatty group. I am so grateful for all of you.

:flowerforyou: Welcome, GypsyHeart, You've come to the right place. If you take the time to explore all the goodies on MFP you will be amazed before you are half way through. You'll find inspiration and answers to the questions you have and the ones you haven't even thought of.

:bigsmile: zaza---I know what you mean about sitting too much in front of the computer and the TV. I've spent too much time exploring MFP instead of getting up and doing something. I'm better with the sitting in front of the TV since we got the exercise bike. It's pointed right at the TV and is quiet enough to ride and watch at the same time.

:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: Ladyleo---congrats on the 4 pound weight loss. It gives me inspiration and motivation.

:bigsmile: Susan---have a great vacation:bigsmile:
    take it one day at a time---and keep everything you've learned at the front of your brain and you'll do well with your eating even without us to remind you every day:bigsmile:

Heather:flowerforyou: Kathy:flowerforyou: Cindy:flowerforyou: I appreciate hearing about your journey

Becky, Glad you found us. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Connie:flowerforyou: ---glad you're back from vacation and back on track:bigsmile:

Today I raced through my morning---dog walk, breakfast, dog park, shower, line dance, lunch, and headed off to meet a friend at the Internet Cafe. This is the first time I've met someone in a coffee shop since I stopped drinking coffee and I wondered what I would do. My friend ordered a smoothie (i used to think that smoothies were a good choice because of the fruit) and I had a 20 ounce lemon chamomile herb tea.:bigsmile:

I love all the new life lessons I'm learning.:bigsmile:
  • sailgal
    sailgal Posts: 22
    Options
    Welcome GypsyHeart!

Whew Barbie - your morning schedule makes me tired just reading about it! Congrats on ordering tea instead of something with whipped cream topping.

I have a question along the same line as walking into a room at home and forgetting why you are there - I'm hoping I'm not the only person who does that!

A couple of days ago I read a great post and now I can't find it. It was all about eating carbs with protein in the morning and protein and fat at night. It also talked about eating fruit early in the day. I have tried putting all sorts of things in the search box and still can't find it. I don't think it was a Banks post but, at this point, I'm not sure about anything. If anyone remembers it and could help me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Cindy
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: Hi Cindy,
    Now that I'm retired, I'm so grateful that I don't have to go to work and have all that stress that I have huge energy to do the stuff I really want to do.

Maybe the post you're looking for is the one called "Repairing Your Broken Furnace" Try searching for that.

Good luck.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • BarbG
    BarbG Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Folks, is it too late to join in?
    I would like to work out either with the circuit or water aerobics 4x per week and lose 5 lbs by the end of the month.
    Just started recently and can't seem to get motivated.:sad: Hope this helps.:smooched:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Welcome, Barb, As far as I'm concerned, it's never too late.

Keep in touch with us and find all the great stuff on MFP and you'll get the help, support, tools, and motivation you seekl.

I'm doing this one day at a time and taking baby steps.:bigsmile:

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • Penny46
    Penny46 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello to all,
    Kathy thank you for caring to inquire how I was doing.

I live in Central Illinois so we have signs of spring with my crocus peeking up out of the ground about 2 inches. There is also flooding along the Illinois River.

I just got my semi annual numbers and my A1C for blood sugar is good, by losing 30# I was able to get off medication. I still have 15-20 left to lose but am stuck. Will get out and move more now in better weather. I want to lose6-8# in the next two months.
  • sailgal
    sailgal Posts: 22
    Options
    Thank you Barbie Cat!

That's exactly the one I wanted! You're the best - it was driving me crazy trying to find that post again.

Cindy
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Quote from Barbiecat:
    Today I raced through my morning---dog walk, breakfast, dog park, shower, line dance, lunch, and headed off to meet a friend at the Internet Cafe. This is the first time I've met someone in a coffee shop since I stopped drinking coffee and I wondered what I would do. My friend ordered a smoothie (i used to think that smoothies were a good choice because of the fruit) and I had a 20 ounce lemon chamomile herb tea.:bigsmile:

I love all the new life lessons I'm learning.:bigsmile:
    [end quote]

Barbiecat, the great thing is that you are applying them too!!! Good for you.:flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    If the post "Repairing Your Broken Furnace" is about metabolism then I want to read it. Mine has been so slow the past few years.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    How do I find this post?
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Swiss Miss,

If you go to the message board page and type repairing your broken furnace in the search box you will find it

This link might get you there too:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/44278-repairing-your-broken-furnace-metabolism

good luck:bigsmile:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Thanks. That is just full of good information. I bookmarked it for future reference.