Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - January Challenge!! Take 2!

Options

Replies

• PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hey All! I've been on MFP for a while now but a newbie to this group, it sounds fantastic :) I've got goals to reach and this seems like such a supportive group of people. I'm a nurse and work some pretty weird hours, so working out can be a pain in the butt sometimes, but so worth making time for. can't wait to tackle January! I've added myself at the bottom

Abby459 - Run 100 miles in January. Find a 1/2 marathon training plan and actually stick to it!! And for my weight, I guess I would like to be under 135 by the months end!!
    Corbinam - to complete the 30 day shred (which i started today), to drink very little pop (maybe even none at all), and keep logging my food and exercise here on MFP!!!
    ChocChipMuffin - keep logging my food and exercise on MFP, start and regularly go to pilates and yoga classes again, keep remembering to take vitamins (I always forget)
    Boolahboo- run 3 times a week, and complete the 30 day shred!
    SeeEmRun2012- maintain a consistent healthy eating pattern, loose one jean size before summer vacation, and run at least once a week (on top of working out 4 days a week)
    Meagalayne- Complete 5 weeks of training for the ATB 30K race, running at least 3x week with long runs on Saturday up to 11 miles, lift weights 2x a week + spin with CrazyCarl on Mondays, stop binging on holidays treats to cope with stress at work, and finish the novel I started in NOLA.
    lalonmeg000 (meg or meghan) - water, water, water! starting that Insanity, 6 days a week :), pack my lunches throughout the week! clean out my car every sunday
    tiffterry- run 2-3 times a week, add some yoga, go to bed a half hour earlier, and go for evening walks.
    missjessicann - Get out of the 150's, stick to month 1 schedule of Insanity, drink enough water, and getting into bed by 1am.
    missgolightly727(Emily) - Lose 5 pounds(which will FINALLY put me into the 150s!), run twice a week(lets try that again...), try something new, no sodas, post on this board more!!
    jlrushton12- Lose at least 5lbs, try (and stick to) 30 Day Shred, limit sugar (except from fruits), burn more calories than in December.
    mrswhitehair-Complete the 30 Day Shred, be able to complete the video with no stops & non-modified pushups! Limit pop intake (after I get into the swing of things with student teaching this month, I will set more challenging goals next month!!)
    nicalillo - work out twice a week and for weight somewhere below 120
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - Plan, plan, plan!! Plan my meals for the week! Drink my water everyday! Get in as many workouts as my life will allow. Stay on track! Keep reading!!
    naoblue - log all food and exercise on MFP & to make sure to stretch after each workout
    Jessie544- log all my food/excercise on MFP, lose at least 10 lbs, stick to cardio classes I've registered for at the gym....
    npryor100- do not eat 2-3 hours before bed, say 'no' to processed foods and desserts, complete weight/circuit training at least 3 days a week
    GreenHumanClay (Cynthia) Train for my 1/2 marathon (March17th), continue weight training 3xs/week if possible fit in some stairs (hill) or other random workouts (hiking, mt. biking), keep hydrating properly, eat more protein, sleep more, give myself a full R&R day! Be more positive in my daily life/work life! Lose 2 pounds or lose some inches overall!
    USNGirlMel- Start working out more often, no late night binge eating, get into marathons! Lose 15 lbs. Plan my meals..... but i need friends and encouragement!!:)
    YLopez04 Continue to log every day on MFP, run 5 miles non stop out door, sign up for my first 5k!!!
    ladyjoie - log all my food in MFP, eat more fruit and veg, go on my crosstrainer 3x a week, lose 7lbs this month, do yoga or pilates twice a week.
    Maridelsol82-Drink at least 10 cups of water a day & exercise everyday. Even if its just a walk.
    mkingraham (Megan)- Actually hit up the gym, stretch everyday, eat healthier
    DDBeard - Workout (Zumba/Cardio/weights) at least 5 times a week. Do not exceed my calorie count 1 day. Eat fresh veg/fruits at least 2 times a day (just getting started and not a fruit/veggie person so this is a challenge for me). Survive my best friend destignation wedding weekend without breaking my diet (Jan 28)
    Ninjalis- workout 3-4 times a week consistently, logging food intake everyday and trying to maintain less than 1500 cals.
    stacyann1001 - cardio 3 times a week, yoga 1 time a week, learn how to use weights (dont laugh, i have no clue what to do with them), no cheese snacking while home!!!!! (this is my weakness, my most favorite food, i could sit on the couch and eat a pound of cheese and a box of crackers every night), be more positive mentally and emotionally and learn to appreciate my natural flaws
    PattyCake123- Workout on my off days from work as well as the days I only work 8 hour shifts. Plan my grocery shoping before I go. loose 4 lbs and get into one-derland (I'm 1.2 lbs away). Stay well hydrated, especially at work. Log all of my food and exercise daily. Maintain not eating fast food or drinking soda.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Goooood morning! It's FRIDAY! WOHOO!

Welcome to the newbs that are still filtering in. These challenges are ongoing and new threads are posted every month, so no worries about jumping in a bit late. Just stick to your guns, and work on your goals for the end of the month! we'll all get there eventually :bigsmile:

Adding in WrightStuff05...

Abby459 - Run 100 miles in January. Find a 1/2 marathon training plan and actually stick to it!! And for my weight, I guess I would like to be under 135 by the months end!!
    Corbinam - to complete the 30 day shred (which i started today), to drink very little pop (maybe even none at all), and keep logging my food and exercise here on MFP!!!
    ChocChipMuffin - keep logging my food and exercise on MFP, start and regularly go to pilates and yoga classes again, keep remembering to take vitamins (I always forget)
    SeeEmRun2012- maintain a consistent healthy eating pattern, loose one jean size before summer vacation, and run at least once a week (on top of working out 4 days a week)
    Meagalayne- Complete 5 weeks of training for the ATB 30K race, running at least 3x week with long runs on Saturday up to 11 miles, lift weights 2x a week + spin with CrazyCarl on Mondays, stop binging on holidays treats to cope with stress at work, and finish the novel I started in NOLA.
    lalonmeg000 (meg or meghan) - water, water, water! starting that Insanity, 6 days a week :), pack my lunches throughout the week! clean out my car every sunday
    tiffterry- run 2-3 times a week, add some yoga, go to bed a half hour earlier, and go for evening walks.
    missjessicann - Get out of the 150's, stick to month 1 schedule of Insanity, drink enough water, and getting into bed by 1am.
    missgolightly727(Emily) - Lose 5 pounds(which will FINALLY put me into the 150s!), run twice a week(lets try that again...), try something new, no sodas, post on this board more!!
    jlrushton12- Lose at least 5lbs, try (and stick to) 30 Day Shred, limit sugar (except from fruits), burn more calories than in December.
    mrswhitehair-Complete the 30 Day Shred, be able to complete the video with no stops & non-modified pushups! Limit pop intake (after I get into the swing of things with student teaching this month, I will set more challenging goals next month!!)
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - Plan, plan, plan!! Plan my meals for the week! Drink my water everyday! Get in as many workouts as my life will allow. Stay on track! Keep reading!!
    naoblue - log all food and exercise on MFP & to make sure to stretch after each workout
    Jessie544- log all my food/excercise on MFP, lose at least 10 lbs, stick to cardio classes I've registered for at the gym....
    npryor100- do not eat 2-3 hours before bed, say 'no' to processed foods and desserts, complete weight/circuit training at least 3 days a week
    GreenHumanClay (Cynthia) Train for my 1/2 marathon (March17th), continue weight training 3xs/week if possible fit in some stairs (hill) or other random workouts (hiking, mt. biking), keep hydrating properly, eat more protein, sleep more, give myself a full R&R day! Be more positive in my daily life/work life! Lose 2 pounds or lose some inches overall!
    USNGirlMel- Start working out more often, no late night binge eating, get into marathons! Lose 15 lbs. Plan my meals..... but i need friends and encouragement!!:)
    YLopez04 Continue to log every day on MFP, run 5 miles non stop out door, sign up for my first 5k!!!
    ladyjoie - log all my food in MFP, eat more fruit and veg, go on my crosstrainer 3x a week, lose 7lbs this month, do yoga or pilates twice a week.
    Maridelsol82-Drink at least 10 cups of water a day & exercise everyday. Even if its just a walk.
    DDBeard - Workout (Zumba/Cardio/weights) at least 5 times a week. Do not exceed my calorie count 1 day. Eat fresh veg/fruits at least 2 times a day (just getting started and not a fruit/veggie person so this is a challenge for me). Survive my best friend destignation wedding weekend without breaking my diet (Jan 28)
    Ninjalis- workout 3-4 times a week consistently, logging food intake everyday and trying to maintain less than 1500 cals.
    stacyann1001 - cardio 3 times a week, yoga 1 time a week, learn how to use weights (dont laugh, i have no clue what to do with them), no cheese snacking while home!!!!! (this is my weakness, my most favorite food, i could sit on the couch and eat a pound of cheese and a box of crackers every night), be more positive mentally and emotionally and learn to appreciate my natural flaws
    PattyCake123- Workout on my off days from work as well as the days I only work 8 hour shifts. Plan my grocery shoping before I go. loose 4 lbs and get into one-derland (I'm 1.2 lbs away). Stay well hydrated, especially at work. Log all of my food and exercise daily. Maintain not eating fast food or drinking soda.
    Wrightstuff0- lose 5 pounds and to workout 3 times a week and start zumba class at my gym.

Cynthia - HUGE milestone! 55lbs lost is amazing! Way to go, lady. You must feel incredible! I know that a few ladies on here hit big milestones recently (Emily....I'm look at you!) so Congrats! :drinker: This group kicks some major *kitten* when we put our minds to something! My lunch date went well. Mom and I live together, so I see her a lot haha But we've got an awesome friendship and I am very fortunate to have her in my life every day. We had some rough patches when I was younger and she has definitely taken a little while to come around to my healthy living and some of the measures I take, but she's also running and just joined a running group, she logs on MFP now (although we're not Pals hahah!) and she has a RunKeeper account too. She's great about making sure that we're always well stocked on healthy foods, too - We help each other out a LOT. It's nice to have that support system at home. She's still learning and I am always trying to help. It can be a bit trying at times because I know she has to have her own journey with it, but otherwise it's good. Ups and downs.

Meg - A HR monitor would definitely make it easier, but whatever your doing is great for now! None of this is an exact science and for ages I just used the MFP calculator. It's all a guessing game, as is logging your food, so I wouldn't worry about it :happy: You're getting in exercise and that's all that matters! Woot woot! Baked asparagus? Fabulous! We oven roast ours always with a little garlic and a drizzle of olive oil. Yummy! We do the same with loads of other veggies. You should try brussel sprouts if you haven't had them in a while. They get SO sweet and a little crunchy and just perfect! You don't have to put anything on them either, ,just toss them in the oven at 400F for 20 mins, turn them over, then another 15-20 until they are done. Fabulous!

OK I have to run shortly. AFM - Today is a rest day, finally. I weighed in at 123.8lbs this morning, so I am coming back down from my holiday weight gain. Or my scale is just f*cked. One of the two :wink: I have a healthy lunch planned as always and am going to have a light dinner so that I can fit in a beer today. It seems that Tyler made us plans to go out with some people he knows tonight without first asking me if I actually felt like doing that... Tomorrow's a long run, then heading into Toronto for a day of hanging around the city. Part of me wishes I could do it alone, but I know we'll have a good time together. Not a whole lot else planned for the weekend. Some weights and stretching on Sunday and just some much needed down time. The weeks seem to just fly by... I'm not quite sure where my entire went!

Hope you ladies have a great Friday! I'll be back to catch up throughout the weekend. Much love :heart:
  • lindz625
    lindz625 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Since this is my first challenge, I'm going to start somewhat simple.

Wrightstuff0- lose 5 pounds and to workout 3 times a week and start zumba class at my gym.
    Lindz625- Stick to my daily calorie goal. Exercise at least 5 times a week.
  • AJones1021
    AJones1021 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    AJones1021 - Pre-plan and pack my lunch every day for work. Log my food/exercise in to MFP every day! Continue to take Zumba/belly dancing class 2x a week at the gym.
  • AJones1021
    AJones1021 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey hey! I'm a newb (to this group AND MFP!). This group seems to be exactly what 'I'm looking for as far as support & motivation goes. You girls are rock stars! One day, I hope to be able to run (and enjoy it ;) without keeling over!

I'm Angel and I'm 28. I'm married and we have a 5 year old son (Landon). We also have a 6 month old puggle....holy handful, Batman :noway: I've got a ton of weight to lose but am determined to keep it on the slow and steady! Glad to meet you all!
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Cynthia- Sounds like a busy weekend! Good luck with the run tomorrow and hope your work outing wont be too bad! We didn't end up going to the movie. My friend has a dog, and don't get me wrong it's cute...but its like her kid and she felt bad for leaving it, so she brough him over with her for dinner. I live alone half the time, so I can't do scary movies lol I have such an over active imagination. I did rent that new one with Steve Caroll...not Date Night, but something about love ? idk it was funny, when I think of the name I will get back to you!

Wrightstuff, pattycake, lindz & ajones- welcome! We are glad to have you :)

Meag- yeah over roast I guess is the better word lol if it goes in the oven, I lump sum it as baked. I have been baking way to long lol I will try the garlic on them next time! Seriously think I am going to invest in the HRM. I mean HRM, textbooks? HRM. I don't ever read those books anyways lol . Hope dinner tonight with Tyler and his friends goes well, and y'all have fun around town tomorrow! Get some good rest this weekend :)

Emily- WOOO HOOOO!!!! You're entire post deserves that! First congrats on the weight loss, second half fun celebrating this weekend, and 3rd OMG! can I get a bachelor #1 lol. I will be keeping you in my prayers on the heart rate, and meds. I hope nothing serious is wrong, but keep us posted!

AFM: Today was a good day. I didn't fight with my boss...which is wierd and idk what nice bug took a bite of her, but I will take it while I can. I got my Insanity day 5 workout done, and it handed me my a** on a silver platter :) I am waking up early to do the last workout of the week before work tomorrow, because I know if I wait till after I work all day, I will be doing nothing. Been feeling slightly chubby these last few days despite all my hard work, but its about to be "that time" so I am taking these feelings as false and simple over emotional. I went to dinner with my roommate and a mutual friend, and it was nice. I haven't laughed with my rooms in a long time, we both had a rough semester and basically stopped talking, so it was good to hang out with her and rekindle our friendship. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

-Meghan
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Good morning/afternoon gorgeous gals! :bigsmile: Just a quick Saturday update, as I want to get out and get some fun stuff in to fill my day!

Yesterday was a mixed bag for me, really. Work was tough. I was totally unmotivated and very, very tired. I've been feeling so exhausted with life and it's just hard to even get out of bed some days. Work was slow and boring, just a lot of paperwork and documenting that had to get done, so that dragged. But thankfully I got out on time and there were not huge crises - which is a nice change! :wink: I got home and actually sat and read my book for an hour, which was a nice little quiet time to me. Made myself *way* too much soup for dinner and ate all of it, to the point of feeling just absolutely way too full, and then eventually met up with Tyler for out "double date" with another couple he just met last week. It was fine, but I wasn't overly taken with the couple and I don't think he was either. Not really our cup of tea. I ate/drank a few too many cals yesterday, as it was my rest day and I was feeling incredibly hungry and emotionally drained, but it was mostly all good healthy calories so I am not too worried.

Got in a 5.28mi run this morning when I woke up and that felt OK. I ran it slower than my race pace and just tried to enjoy the miles. Didn't over think it. Just wanted to spend that time zoning out and being quiet with myself. It was nice, albeit a little cold. Heading into Toronto this afternoon for some coffee, some food, and who knows what else. Hopefully we find some fun stuff to do.

As for my January goals... How am I doing so far? Well I read another 100 pages last night, so that I am well on track to finish my novel this week. Hoping to read Born to Run next and if I can finish that by the end of Jan I'll be thrilled :bigsmile: I used to read a book in a day, but now the time just doesn't seem to present itself... I am 1 week done my 5 weeks of training for the ATB and have my schedule all worked out, as follows for January -

Sunday - Weights + Cardio for 60-75 minutes (total)
    Monday - Spin with Carl
    Tuesday - Sort-of Long Run (4-6mi)
    Wednesday - Weights + Cardio for 45-60 minutes total
    Thursday - Sort-of Short run (pace/tempo)
    Friday - Rest
    Saturday - Long run (5-12 miles)

I actually have every day broken out into more specific workouts, but you get the idea :wink:

Doing OK not binging on treats. I have been treating myself to a few bites here and there, and had 1/2 a cup of hot chocolate yesterday, but otherwise the binging has been kept to a minimum, so I feel good about that. Just have to keep it up :blushing:

OK I better get going. I will try to catch up with your posts later and respond a little more thoroughly to them. This was just ALL about me! haha Enjoy your Saturday's ladies! :drinker:
  • narwhal_ftw
    Options
    My goals are to work out 7 days a week....yoga 2, running 3, and strength training 2; drink 80 oz of water a day; to come on here every day to log. I would love to lose 5 pounds this month.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I am nowhere near my 20s anymore, but I just had to see what you twenty-somethings were up to. ;0) Well, I am VERY impressed! Keep it up! What a great group! :flowerforyou:
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Meghan- love aspasagus too!! Except for the foul smelling pee that you get afterwards!! But I have also been trying to eat more fruits/veggies over the past couple months. Anything roasted in the oven always tastes good to me!! Great job keeing up with Insanity!! Awesome that you got through a day without fighting with the boss....I dont know how you stay there everyother day though!! And great job with getting out with the roomies and re-kindling the friendship. I feel like the older I get, the more life gets in the way and it takes work to keep up with friendships!

Cynthia - Thanks....I am going to Riviera Maya, Mexico for 8 days at the end of Feb/begining of March!! I cant wait to show off the new bikini body (I hope)! And amazing job on losing 55lbs!! That is so incredible and inspiring for me to hear!! It take dedication and hard work to make that big of progress!! Do you have a reward planned for yourself?? Hope you had a good day off and spent some quality time with Grandma!!

Meag - I also do my brussel sprouts that way!! I used to hate them, but roasted with garlic I love them!! and no stressing that holiday weight...you know you will be back to normal by months end!! Hope you have a good time in Toronto. Do you have any tips for Knee pain after running?? Just starting to get some!!

Emily - Congrats on the 20lb loss!! And getting into the 150s!!! You are doing soo amazing!! I really liked that bachelor #1 wants to do that with you!! It will be fun and a way to give back! You will both leave feeling better about yourselves!! I know I always do! I couldnt volunteer this year but I do donate to St.Judes and it always makes me feel better about myself! How is your HR when your resting?? Sorry as a nurse I cant help but ask these things.....does it only go up when you work out?

AFM- I had a nice 6mile trail run yesterday as it was a shocking 55 degrees where I live. But now having knee pain today which Ihave never had before. Still a lttile stressed, I have been working 12-14 hour shifts almost everyday this week, including today and tomorrow. I have still been sticking to my workout schedule though which I am proud of. And hubby and me planned a "date night" for monday when we are finally both off work. Even though we live together I feel like I havent seen him all week!! So we are going to dinner at a local tavern (which I know has healthier options) and then going to the movies to see "The girl with the Dragon Tattoo" I read all of those books and loved them so I cant wait to see the movie!! Nothing else exciting here!

Hope you all are having a great weekend!!
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Meag - I know how you feel. This past week has been rough for me too, and It's an effort to pull myself out of bed in the morning.. but then after working out I feel energized and amazing.. so even if your run wasn't your best, the point is that you got out there and you still did it! And more importantly it gives you that time to relax and clear your mind and focus on you and enjoy running for running!

AFM - Well some of you might remember me.. I've been gone for quite some time.. not surprisingly.. I still weigh exactly the same and I didn't even measure my food for ohh.. idk.. 5 months :noway: I know.. bad on me.. But I'm just so fed up with my body.. I work out, track what I eat.. no weight change.. I workout sometimes and don't track what I eat.. still no weight change.. down or up.. It seems like no matter what I do, I am destined to be this weight.. :explode: at least I'm not gaining, but at the same time.. how is it possible that I never lose weight either? I checked with the doctor and my thyroid is fine (so says the blood work) so I haven't the slightest idea what is wrong with me. I guess that's why I was gone for so many months.. I was really busy, but keeping track of what I eat doesnt seem to make a difference for me.. :sad:

Well enough about my rant. I'm still here.. still tracking.. and am determined to see some difference! I'm going to get serious about weight training again.. Wish me luck!

AJones1021 - Pre-plan and pack my lunch every day for work. Log my food/exercise in to MFP every day! Continue to take Zumba/belly dancing class 2x a week at the gym.
    Leela 30 - weight train 3-4 times a week
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Quick post tonight, I will go back tomorrow and catch up.

Woke up at 5:30 this morning to work out before work and let me be Bragging Becca right now becuase in no way would I have had the motivation to wake up early to exercise even just a week ago!!! Unfortunatly I didn't sleep well and was feeling sickly, so my workout was less than 100% but I still did it. Food was good again. Tomorrow is my off day from the Insanity program, and I am going to lunch with some co-workers after church. It's their "cheat" day but honestly I dont want to cheat. I am really proud of myself these past 6 days, and I just don't want to cheat tomorrow.

Feeling a little better this evening, finally got the nauseating headache to fade away, and was able to work on my theater model I am taking next weekend to a design competiton. Then I got design happy and made some glittertastic dividers for my binder i use at school lol. Anywho, hope everyone is having a nice weekend :)

-Meghan
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Lovelies!! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I was in bed most of the day with a headache but things seem to be much better now.

Meghan – I am going to attempt to start Insanity on Monday but we’ll see how it works out. I might actually get started tomorrow with the fit test. I know that I won’t be able to fit it in 6 days a week so I’m hoping for 3 and anything over that will be a bonus. I was super excited to get back to Turbo Kick so I kinda want to keep that up too!! I feed off of the instructor’s energy along with everyone else in the class. And I have never been a fan of asparagus but sounds like I may just need to give it a second chance.

Emily – congrats on that weight loss milestone!! So glad to hear that your date with Bachelor #1 went well. He sounds super sweet. Love that he invited you along for the charity event and the opportunity to meet some of his friends….great sign. And I can’t wait to hear how your date with Bachelor #2 went. I need to check the schedule at my gym for their spin classes. I think the one I see on Tuesdays starts at 5:30 which is when I’m getting off of work. But I can also check the gyms closer to my house also. Hopefully I can at least try one out. Perhaps it should be added to my to-do list for the year. Sending good thoughts your way as your body is dealing without all of the medication in your system but hopefully you will get some answers soon.

Abby – congrats on fitting into that size 6. Although it may have been snug now, I am sure that its just a matter of time before they become comfortable on you and then loose on you. You are doing great with your running and your goals. Hopefully that knee pain won’t last long. Your date night sounds fun and I think that its important to have them no matter how long you have been together or married. Your vacation sounds awesome also!

Cynthia – congrats on meeting that amazing milestone!! I hope that you were able to completely bask in that glory and realize how far you have come.

Meag - glad to see that you are losing those pounds you found over the holidays. I had a rough week as well. Work has just been non-stop lately and everyone needs everything done right away and then the little interruptions in between don’t help. Now that we have overcome end-of-month, I am hoping to get caught up and get things situated again. I have a new position at work and I’m not quite comfortable with it yet. I look forward to having my own routine down and hopefully that will be soon. I hope that you are enjoying the rest of your weekend though!!

Leela – well despite your roller coaster ride, glad to have you back!!

And welcome to all of the newbies!! Please feel free to chime in and join the conversation at any time!!

AFM…went out last night and went line dancing with a friend of mine. We got there early so that we could get the lesson. I know more dances than she does so I spent more time on the dance floor. I definitely got my sweat on. Let’s just say that when I took my money out of my back pocket, it was a little saturated. And we only had one drink so I would say it was a win. But today was another story. Woke up with a headache and couldn’t shake it so I ended up sleeping most of the day away. I’m kinda feeling better now but needed to get up and spend some quality time with the kiddos…especially since I am their only parent in the house. Tomorrow will be a busy day with church, meeting up with a friend, hanging out with my aunt, and dropping off my son with his dad’s side of the family. However, I’m still hoping to fit in pumpkin pancakes and the Insanity fit test.
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Bethany - Thanks!! And I agree that you need to still have date nights...since we started living together we dont actually plan nights out often...so this will be a nice treat!! Line dancing sounds like a lot of fun, I have never tried it, but would like to someday! And it sounds like you got a great workout while dancing too...nice added bonus! Good luck on fitting in your pancakes and Insanity fit test!! Its definately a killer workout!! And hopefully your headache has cleared up by now!!

Leela - I understand the frustration with the weight. I go through that for months at a time too!! But usually if I stay on track the weight eventually catches up to my hard work....hopefully that will happen for you too!! Good luck with the tracking and strength training!!

Meghan - Good for you for not wanting a "Cheat" day!!! Thats a HUGE accomplishment in my book!! Especially when you are around others who are taking the day off. Its great that you are proud of yourself for all of your hard work and working out...you should be!!!! You are doing soo great. Hope you enjoy your rest day and that you feel better!!

AFM - Been stuck working all weekend and took yesterday as a rest day again since I worked 14 and my knee still hurt. Its feeling fine today though, so I plan on getting a short treadmill run in tonight when I get off work....not a super late night for me so I should be able to make it! I am still struggling a little mood-wise. Been stressed and in a funk!! Trying not to binge eat it away though. Feeling yucky about my body and progress. Somehow I still see the same chunky body that I had months ago even though I have lost almost 20lbs and have dropped 3 clothing sizes...I feel like I dont look any different!! I know its in my head but this week its been getting to me! I finally have a day off tomorrow and I am going to try to get in a 5-6mile trail run before my dinner/movie date hopefully it will de-stress me!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Good afternoon darlings! :heart:

Today's going super well and can't wait to catch up with you all! I got up around 730am and lounged in bed until nearly 8am, and finally got up, made some coffee and lounged about having breakfast and just waking up. I don't often have the time to do that, so it was a little nice for a change. I got a full 7 hours of sleep for once - quite the change! Feeling rested today for sure. I think I just feel a little bit of relief knowing I get to spend today quietly on my own... Sad to say, but honestly I can't think of any way I'd rather spend my Sunday. Once I had finished my breakfast and gotten myself together, I headed out to the Asian market and the grocery store for supplies to make my most favourite winter soup. I use homemade kimchi as the base and layer in thin beef or pork slices, tofu, onions, zucchini, enoki mushrooms, seasonings and anything else I want to toss in :smile: Just cover it all with water and let it boil away for a while until everything's cooked and it's had some time to meld. Easiest soup to make once the kimchi is made and it's so home-y and delicious.

I took a trip to the gym to start my cross and weights training for this ATB training program today. I dedicated myself to at least 60 mins of cross training on Sundays and actually got it done. I did 30 mins on the stationary bike (which is deathly boring IMO) and about 23 mins of weight lifting along with additional stretching and abs. I am going to TRY and stay committed to the assisted pull-up machine to work on improving my pull-up-ability over the next three months... I definitely want to increase my upper body strength and to get back to feeling good about arms/back/chest strength. It's a work in progress! As am I... :wink:

Yesterday was "date day" in Toronto - which I am feeling very conflicted about. Things with Tyler are very much on the rocks right now. Needless to say, date day turned into an emotionally exhausting excursion. We did some GREAT stuff in Toronto, including some walking around a neighbourhood called Liberty Village, finding the best Ethiopian food I've *ever* eaten, playing some cheap billiards at a grime-y attic billiards hall, and stumbling into a chic cafe/music venue before heading home. That sort of fabulous urban exploring would have normally made me insanely happy, but things just don't feel right and I'm just really struggling with how hard our relationship seems to be these days... I know I need to do something about it, but I'm not quite sure which is harder to fathom right now. The status quo or what might lay ahead if I decide to change things. It's all consuming to think about and it is just absolutely draining. Running and reading seem to be my only forms of escape these days...

OK enough debbie downer for me! The only other news I have is that I am DETERMINED to take another trip in Jan. Last weekend in Jan I am going to plan to go away for 4 days again - my destinations so far have been narrowed down to Dallas Texas (and surrounding areas), Atlanta Georgia, or New Orleans LA (again, because I loved it!). I am totally accepting other suggestions. This short list is just from a cursory search on cheap flights from Buffalo, but my only criteria is that the weather be warmer than the NE and that there are ample fun, exciting, urban things to do wherever I go! Bring on the suggestions! Oh - and it has to be within a 4-6 hour flight from here, of course :wink: Gotta consider that I only have 4 days for the trip! I am managing my finances SUPER well these days to allow for a little trip every 2-3 months to keep me sane until I find a better job. I know I need it for my own peace of mind!

Leela - Happy to have you back girl! Love that you are taking it easy with your goals and getting back into good habits. One day at a time dear :smile: Keep us up to date!

Guam - Very happy to hear your headache has subsided and you're feeling a bit better :smile: Keep us posted on your Insanity program and how everything is going -- I am very intrigued by all of these DVD programs and strength training videos. Not sure that it's for me, but I love hearing about everyones' success with them! I hear you on the work front. It's so hard to feel like you're in constant demand. It's like having kids at work :laugh: Honestly though, I feel like all day every day I just have people monopolizing on my time and attention. It's like they need things from me CONSTANTLY and I just really cannot stand being so relied upon. It's like being in a trying co-dependent marriage. Just let me be! haha Can you tell I'm too independent for my own good?? Maybe that's why I suck so much at this whole relationship thing... Definitely hope you find your footing in your new position soon. You are so adaptable and intelligent, I have no doubt you'll start feeling at home before you even know it. It's just a matter of getting comfortable, I'm sure. You'll find your own place. And if you don't, start looking elsewhere.

Speaking of which... I am really hopeful that my job search will pan out in January. It's a great time for finding a new job as many companies are hiring and with my experience this past 8 months, I feel like I stand a much better chance at finding a good job soon. My past experience job searching was very difficult but I am confident that I will have an easier time. Bring on the opportunities!

Abby/Guam - Date nights are SO important in a relationship (not that anyone should be taking my advice, as per the above). It's great that you guys are doing it because it really does help to keep things fun and exciting :happy: I'm jealous of the line dancing too! That sounds like such a blast! Love hearing about what others do on their date nights because it's so hard to think of activities that aren't food/drink-centric! I personally love going to see stand-up but haven't done so in ages... I should do that this month if I remember!

OK Better run! Lots to do tonight and I need to get off this machine and get back to living life :bigsmile:

And since it's another Sunday - Today's QOTD: What is your favourite fun date-night activity that doesn't involve food/drink? Ideas, please! :bigsmile:
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Meghan - only take those cheat days if you want them. Never feel forced to eat stuff you don't want to. I hope you're feeling better, and good luck on your model!

Guam - I LOVE pumpkin pancakes...an awesome breakfast to bond with the kids. Line dancing always looks like so much fun, and I count that as a huge win! I'm sure you burned off a lot and had a blast! But I hope you too are feeling better! And congrats on the new position at work!

Abby - have you taken pictures of yourself to watch you progress? Maybe having an updated picture of you near your mirror will remind you of all of your hardwork and how beautiful you are.. and NOT chunky! Long work hours definitely suck, but I'm really proud that you still snuck in a workout.. now that's dedication!

- Lisa / Leela ... whatever lol
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Abby great job sticking to your workouts despite working so much hope your date night is awesome as well as the movie, Im going to the movies myself tonight with the bf, haven't been to the movies in a while! BY the way you could be in that funk since you're working soo much as well as running and training! The whole body image thing sucks I feel the same way, I'm starting to really believe that since we lose weight slowly (the proper way) and healthy we tend to get used to our bodies changes and begin to think we look exactly the same even though we know we are different. It's funny because just this morning I was thinking i feel kind of the same as I did when I was 55 pounds heavier well not exactly the same but you get my drift, if only I were to have waken up 55 pounds lighter only then i would actually REALIZE wow it's a huge loss, so maybe if you see pictures of how you looked and try on the pants in the largest size you were then it really sinks in. I saved a size 14 pair of pants and sometimes i try them on for fun and think man I used to fill these babies up and some. You look great and fact that you are able to buy a swimsuit is amazing, I'm not at the point quite yet so congrats on everything signing up for a half, training hard working hard and looking great keep it up!! :wink: BTW I don't have a reward for myself just yet but looking into something, I know a tattoo of some sort but maybe in a couple months and possibly sign up for some sort of type of new workout class not sure yet, want to do something exciting and budget friendly! :smile: Hope your knee pain is gone so you're able to fully enjoy your run tonight!!

Bethany Thanks Bethany I do have to remind myself of how far Ive come since I naturally tend to shift my focus on what needs improvement but that is one of my January goals and Im sure long life goals is to be more positive both in my life/work life! Hope your headache is now long gone but happy that you got to enjoy some line dancing and getting a workout in all at the same time!!

Meag Every time I msk soup (fideo) I always make way too much and like the pot clean lol love me some soup!! Good job on your run yesterday and your sessions this morning as well! As well as reading for that hour, nice quiet alone time is great Im having that I as I type :) Your ATB training plan looks great whats is ATB?? Hot chocolate binging oh hell no lol hot chocolate is great! I have hot cocoa 2 times a week I didn't know that was binging :noway: JK I got you!! :bigsmile:

Meghan great job getting up super early for that workout, knock that baby out early!!You don't have to "cheat" yourself completely maybe eating half your meal or maybe researching the nutrition prior to going if that option is available either way you have been doing great with you Insanity Program!

AFM I took Thursday as a rest day and Friday. Worked late and had a meeting out of town and hour or so away so my workout plans and candle light yoga was out the window! Haven't had two back to back rest days in a while although it was nice Id rather have one day at a time works better for me unless I do something strenuous!

Saturday ran 4 miles not the best run by far :/ but it gone done and did some bootcamp a drop-in session that actually left me feeling a bit sore in my shoulder and upper quads so it was definitely a nice workout! The bootcamp is apparently a pretty tight knit group and I was invited to go the the trainer/coach's house to be measured and weighed for free. Classes are 5 bucks 3xs/week but I will most likely only be going Saturdays since I will be focusing on my training for my half!

Sunday Did my last Vinyasa class and it kind of sucked to be quite honest mainly because they offered free classes to non-members so they new place was packed and the instructor wasn't my eye candy :grumble: Thats was my last day of membership through trubutes but i plan on continuing yoga maybe in March need to focus on training and x-training with weights that will take up most my time for 9 weeks or so! If the bf and I don't get to lazy we have plans on watching the "Devil Inside", heard there is bad reviews but I actually don't care about reviews they mean nothing to me we all have different opinions and majority of time my are with the minority so with that said I better like it lol! Thats it for until tomorrow have a great Sunday everyone!! :bigsmile: Cynthia!
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Jumping into the fray here - My name is Emily and I'm 23 years old. My goals for this year is to up my gym and physical time. Last year I spent about 2 days a week at the gym, and while I did quite a bit of walking.. I'd like to step it up.

This year I'm going to hold myself to going to the gym four times a week: 40 minutes with weights, and 30 minutes of cardio. I can currently run 2 miles in 19 minutes - I would like to lower that time to 15.

As for your question, I like the ones listed on this site here: http://yahoo.match.com/cp.aspx?cpp=/cppp/yahoo/article.html&articleid=9283&TrackingID=526103&BannerID=926094&ER=sessiontimeout The last two don't really apply to no food, but the other three would be a good way to get to know your date.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Welcome Emily to our wee corner of this fabulous MFP family! :drinker: I hope you, and all the other newbs, jump in an start to share some of your journey. Try not to be overwhelmed by the long posts from our more seasoned members. You'll catch on! Just dive in and get to know us ladies. We don't bite! :happy:

Cynthia and Abby - Just wanted to touch on the body image comments. As you likely know from being around these challenges a while, I have some MAJOR body image issues that stem from a lot of self-destructive behaviour over the last 25 years of my life. I have been at my "goal weight" - whatever that really means - for over 1 year now and I still struggle every day. Yea, it's not pretty. And it's probably not what y'all you are still losing want to hear, but it's reality. Getting to your goal weight does not mean the end of this journey. In fact, I think the losing part was easy by comparison, at least for me. Each month I absolutely have to set goals for myself and to find ways to celebrate being healthy and staying on track. When I don't, it's so easy to fall into the trap of feeling like that same old, chunky, unattractive, unfit self from 2 years ago. It's a disaster! I still look in the mirror most days and see my "gut" - ie: where my intestines and other organs have to take up residence in my very lean body.

I KNOW intellectually that I am thin and fit but all I see most days when I look at myself are my flaw. My stretch marks. My loose skin and the parts of my body I wish I could change. It's an uphill battle. I still despise bathing suit shopping and would *never* be caught dead in a bikini in public. This body has NO place in a bikini, I tell you that much. It's absolutely *awful* that I can't feel proud of how I look everyday, having put so much effort into getting this far, but it's just my reality. I'm working on it and I am learning to love myself for what I have and not just focusing on what I wish I had instead, but it's not going to happen overnight. It's a longggg process. I figure if you're feeling BETTER about yourself this month than you did last month, better this year than last year, then you're on the right track. We'll always have days when we feel like that old, chubby self - but it's not everyday, and thank goodness for that! :wink:

Byyyy the way - Have I mentioned recently that you all look FABULOUS!?!? Seriously! :noway: Hot mammas!

I better get to bed - It's getting late and I need to be rested up for Carl tomorrow. I'm going to spin my buns off after work - Wish me luck! He better be there for me to swoon over... My school girl crush needs some serious attending to! :laugh: So I can totally understand your disappointment with Yoga tonight Cynth and your dismay at not having the instructor's fine-self all for you! I feel the same way when some big, broad newb takes the bike right in front of me. How am I suppose to admire Carl's fitness? Tsk tsk. So rude! :laugh:

Happy Monday my lovelies! Catch up with you all tomorrow!
    -Meag
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Just dropping in to say hi! I don't have time right now to catch up on what all of you lovely ladies have been up to, but I will do my best to read up on everything later! This afternoon is my 20 week check up for the baby- which means I am half way there! Crazy how time flies! The hubby also realized how much closer we are to having a little one so he decided to jump back on the MFP bandwagon and try and drop some lbs before the baby arrives. To support him, he asked me to also log my food, so I am back to putting everything in. It actually felt really good to enter in all of my snacks and meals for today last night. And although I am not eating at a deficit, I don't need to eat more than maintenance anyways so it doesn't hurt to track my cals. I am also hoping it will help me make healthier choices. Already had a delicious breakfast of, oatmeal, yogurt, and one hard boiled egg. I prefer my eggs poached, but I am too lazy to make them in the morning when I am already trying to rush out the door, and I can make a weeks worth of hard boiled eggs in one sitting. So I will be around more often in support of the hubby and that means more updates for you ladies! WOOHOOO!! I hope everyone had a great first week of January!

XOXO
    Megan